DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
I really like what I see so far with this game. I like that it's story driven and we're getting hints on what we may see in the future. From the wife's thoughts from her point of view I'm expecting a character from your wife's wilder past to show up. Perhaps the person who got your straight laced wife to explore her wild side back in the day makes an appearance, and your wife finds that this person tempts her to revert back to her old ways.

In regards to the love score, I think there should be a "sweet spot" to maintain rather than it only being a negative if it gets too low. If your love score gets too high, you should also start taking a respect penalty. Doing everything your wife wants all the time doesn't always result in her respecting you.

Keep up the good work and I'll be checking out this game from release to release for sure.
Isnt that exactly what happens in the Netflix show called”Sex life”?

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
I really like what I see so far with this game. I like that it's story driven and we're getting hints on what we may see in the future. From the wife's thoughts from her point of view I'm expecting a character from your wife's wilder past to show up. Perhaps the person who got your straight laced wife to explore her wild side back in the day makes an appearance, and your wife finds that this person tempts her to revert back to her old ways.

In regards to the love score, I think there should be a "sweet spot" to maintain rather than it only being a negative if it gets too low. If your love score gets too high, you should also start taking a respect penalty. Doing everything your wife wants all the time doesn't always result in her respecting you.

Keep up the good work and I'll be checking out this game from release to release for sure.
Thank you for your comments, Steve - really appreciate them. I like the idea of the sweet spot, and the loss of respect - but it might be too hard to code in - as in too many variables. Then again, perhaps its not about loving too much - it's about not standing up for yourself. If your wife makes unfair demands of you (because she has a low respect for you) - if you comply, perhaps it'd lead to a further decline in respect. I'll look at this - but is seems doable. Thanks again for you support.

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
1626729794942.png

Update 0.3.0
Just a quick post to pass on our delivery schedule for 0.3.0
I'm expecting our new episode will be released to Platinum and above tiers on the weekend of 7/8 August and to others as per the schedule after that. This is pretty much in line with a 4/5 week delivery schedule which I am trying to achieve for the x.0 releases. Trust me - I'd love to release more, or more quickly, but can't actually work any harder. I want to set realistic targets and not burn out.
This release should see another 300 renders developing the lives of our main characters as they head towards sexual 'enlightenment'.
In this release there are scenes including: a look into the MMC backstory - you'll meet your ex-wife again (not always a great experience), and delve into the origins of your kink. You'll take a trip to the park (danger lurks) and then its off to work - to get more stress from Trish, and also possibly get to know Debbie a little better. Then it's home for solo-time - and really for the first time we'll start to set up solid foundations for the future story and the introduction of the various paths into your lives.
It feels to me like we've been enjoying this journey together for a significant time - and that we've been through a lot. I've had many interesting PMs with lots of you (always like that). It's hard to believe that essentially this (when combining x.0 releases to supporting x.1 releases) will be only our third release. Despite this I feel invested in the characters and their stories already - and really want to look after them.
I hope you are enjoying the pace of this story - it feels right to me. Like you I'm really looking forward to this game developing more deeply and more darkly though and can't wait to see where our path will take us - I hope you feel the same way.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Jun 11, 2020
View attachment 1307634

Update 0.3.0
Just a quick post to pass on our delivery schedule for 0.3.0
I'm expecting our new episode will be released to Platinum and above tiers on the weekend of 7/8 August and to others as per the schedule after that. This is pretty much in line with a 4/5 week delivery schedule which I am trying to achieve for the x.0 releases. Trust me - I'd love to release more, or more quickly, but can't actually work any harder. I want to set realistic targets and not burn out.
This release should see another 300 renders developing the lives of our main characters as they head towards sexual 'enlightenment'.
In this release there are scenes including: a look into the MMC backstory - you'll meet your ex-wife again (not always a great experience), and delve into the origins of your kink. You'll take a trip to the park (danger lurks) and then its off to work - to get more stress from Trish, and also possibly get to know Debbie a little better. Then it's home for solo-time - and really for the first time we'll start to set up solid foundations for the future story and the introduction of the various paths into your lives.
It feels to me like we've been enjoying this journey together for a significant time - and that we've been through a lot. I've had many interesting PMs with lots of you (always like that). It's hard to believe that essentially this (when combining x.0 releases to supporting x.1 releases) will be only our third release. Despite this I feel invested in the characters and their stories already - and really want to look after them.
I hope you are enjoying the pace of this story - it feels right to me. Like you I'm really looking forward to this game developing more deeply and more darkly though and can't wait to see where our path will take us - I hope you feel the same way.
Sounds great, can’t wait to see more, but what happened to wife’s clubbing night with Heather? Is that in the following update? Need a fix of Heather

Reactions: jimbo88

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
the funniest thing was when I replayed and everything revolved around wife, suddenly my dude had a micro penis in the scenes, haha.

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
the funniest thing was when I replayed and everything revolved around wife, suddenly my dude had a micro penis in the scenes, haha.
Sorry to say that when you follow this cuckolding path it's pretty much about humiliation - it says this in the description of the choice at the start. If you're not familiar with this kink, the tropes which surround it, or it offends you, I'd stick to the Sharing one - I'd suggest it's more mainstream. We've discussed the penis size thing many times here so I won't bore everyone by repeating it :), but thanks for your comment.

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Just like to throw a great big man hug of thanks to all those who have taken their time to write a review of Watching My Wife. These reviews have been very generous and really mean a lot. These things take time to write, and I appreciate you taking this time to do so. My only gripe (with the review system) is that I can only post a thumbs up for said reviews. I cannot comment, or indeed answer your concerns. If you post a message that you've left a review then I can try to address any points you've brought up (as best I can), or at least explain why I do things in certain ways. In the mean time though - thank you to everyone whose commented so far.

Last edited:

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
I will be doing one - just finding the time to do so really.
Just want to say that there are plenty of talented walkthrough and other mod makers on this forum and you should not burden yourself with making this. Besides game really isn't at a point where it NEEDS walkthrough.. People just don't read information in the thread and think there is something hidden by some super duper secret path :D

Just like to throw a great big man hug of thanks to all those who have taken their time to write a review of Watching My Wife.
I have never written a review before, but I reckon I will do so when game is finished.. I think reviews before game is finished are kind of pointless and people can just use thread to say their first impressions about the game so others can know to try or abstain from it. Just my opinion though..

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Sanaa Star

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Just want to say that there are plenty of talented walkthrough and other mod makers on this forum and you should not burden yourself with making this. Besides game really isn't at a point where it NEEDS walkthrough.. People just don't read information in the thread and think there is something hidden by some super duper secret path :D

I have never written a review before, but I reckon I will do so when game is finished.. I think reviews before game is finished are kind of pointless and people can just use thread to say their first impressions about the game so others can know to try or abstain from it. Just my opinion though..
Thanks for sharing. I think there is a justification for a W/T (in the future) if people are concerned that they might miss a certain scene or gallery images (s). Also, because this kink in particular can be so divisive, not everyone may want to take every path to discover the content - but still may want sex scenes or something that interests them. You're right that at this time, it probably doesn't need one just yet - but I reckon it won't hurt later on.

Luckenzio

Oct 6, 2018
So maybe this has been answered already but how exactly will the stat gains/losses by in-game choices correlate the route ?

Like, i selected cheating and then proceeded to hit every respect and love option available. Since cheating requires low respect, would the route advance anyway(either by forced stat-changes or something else) or would i miss it ?

Last edited:

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
So maybe this has been answered already but how exactly will the stat gains/losses by in-game choices correlate the route ?

Like, i selected cheating and then proceeded to hit every respect and love option available. Since cheating requires low respect, would the route advance anyway(either by forced stat-changes or something else) or would i miss it ?
She won't cheat on you if she loves and respects you - not many wives would. Women are hard wired to find a successful and protective mate - and if they have this, few would jeopardise it for a fling. Often the cheat dynamic is less to do with Love (many cheating wives still love their husbands), than with Respect.

Your style of playing may lead you to have lower Love and Respect scores, and if you play that way, then she will cheat - you make the decision easy for her. However, I allowed Love to remain high in this game, and the Cheat path will still activate. I have done this, to allow players to treat their wives well and for her still to have lovers - which certainly happens - how cruel!

However, the Cheat path will not activate if your Respect is high. This stems from the fact that you wife will take lovers because you are lacking in her eyes in some way, and other men become attractive to her. She can love you (you're nice to her) and still think your less manly than other men, less alpha, have poor judgement, have character flaws and weaknesses. Men who appear not to have these flaws become more attractive to her - poor thing can't help it. Of course, she may just be easily flattered by men, or more gullible - often stemming from low confidence.

So, you need to bring Respect down - look for the cool colours as a good indicator rather than warm colours. Of course there are future ways to do this if you don't want to change how you've played so far - and a biggie in 3.0 due soon.

NOTE: all the above regarding Love / Respect etc also links to the Cuckold Route - not word for word but in terms of approach.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
I hope the dev sees this. The font foreground color and shadow color is problematic. There's a major contrast issue.

Current Rating 3.96 .. Not good. (n)

Simply change the shadow color from bright red to a darker red.

Rating 18.96 (y)

Exposing people to a contrast ratio of 3.96 rating is just cruel, lol, SHOW US MERCY.

Now instead of enjoying the game, I have to edit the ren'py file first. Still, it's not the end of the world.

Game is so good, that I did it for you. I adjusted the outline colors. Changed the blue & red into dark blue and dark red. If you're using notepad++, atom, or sublime, you can change all the outline colors at once.

Last edited:

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
However, the Cheat path will not activate if your Respect is high.
Hmm... I'm interested how my playthrough will fold out since I do everything I can FOR the wife and I probably gather all the points from all choices. What would be a good way to drop some respect points, while being nice to your wife and staying loyal? I guess abstaining from sex with your wife would be the most logical way from what you described (which I am already doing), but if you would lose respect for making your wife dinner or letting your wife dress provocately, that would not be something I like. For me cheating is hot because it defies logic, like you treat someone almost perfectly yet they still seek pleasure elsewhere, not because someone treats you bad and that is why you want to cheat, then it becomes more about rational choice not cheating in my opinion because it feels justified (even though you should still let your partner know you want to split, but not all people can bring up such conversations that easily). Also.. I know some people in my life who cheat on their partners and being treated bad has nothing to do with it, they are just such personalities that they want variety of fun in variety of places and circumstances, but this is more about males not females tho not exclusive.

If we previously talked about wife potentially having slutty history and spontaneous personality, it would not be illogical for her to cheat even if she respects her husband... But this is just brainstorming, let me know what you think about what I said and is the respect stat being high blocking cheating a final decision. Thanks in advance, have a lovely day!

P.S. Obviously I will still enjoy the game regardless of the score systems and ways to play, just a bit concerned about my route that is all :)

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Jun 11, 2020
Maybe you guys could make a cheating meter above the respect meter. To make it easier to see how close she is to cheating. This way when you make a choice that shows disrespect it would lower the bar while the cheating bar would rise. Maybe it has to either fill up the cheating bar or empty the respect bar. Just make it easier so we don’t miss the lewd scenes

4.00 star(s) 46 Votes