Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
no
currently getting a game over going to the royal wind with the royal girl. Is this the end of content, or am I missing something that is causing this ? Just curious.
No, it shouldn't happen. I'm having a hard time finding this bug, can you give me all the information you can to help me fix it?
Are you playing the Pc version? Did you use some modification in the game?
where and when happens? what clothes do you use when it happens?
The few people that has reported the bug have shared with me their save files but for some reason my game is unable to read them, like if they don't exist.

Aroc

Jun 7, 2020
I'm glad you could solve your problem of having a Nora following you.

For the fights part, I already received a lot of commnets about it, I already fix it and it will be reflected in the update I will upload here in a few days. I didn't put a fixed version here because I didn't want to mess anything of 0.15 due to blocking the content until it's the proper time for the public release.

Level, life, attack, evade ratios and hit ratios have been fixed, this is my second attempt of adding battles, so I thank for the comments that help me fix it, the idea is to leave nice and avoidable battles, because yes, the battles are avoidable, only boss battles are unavoidable and even if you lost there's not game overs.

The poison is an aspect no one commented before, so I will add an skill to deal with it.

i didn't put those monsters there, so I need to check if I made them untangible or if it's something else. are you playing the PC version?

i believe Judith can heal, but I will check it just to be on the sure side.

About the level 1 Nora: This is something that people found since the first battles but you don't have anything to worry about it. (I have been explainig this since then XD) Your leveled Nora is there. You see due to my lack of experiecne when I did the first parts of the game I took the decision to make every outfit a different character (like having clones with different clothes, that's why you had another Nora when changed with Judith). So there's a nora with the academy uniform, another with the secretary uniform and so on. the Nora that battles is like that, so you will see her and her levels when you begin a battle area. So you didn't lost your levels. Don't worry. At the time it was the only way I found to have Nora using different clothes. At this point I believe I already found a solution for this, but I can't change THIS game clothes system because I could mess a lot of the game.
heyya. thanks for the reply.

Judith can heal yes, but at the same time her ice attack does the most dmg, so to get through the battle its easier to spam that attack that costs 40 mana, and then run back.

About the level'd Nora - okay, so if she is still there, its fine then. if you make boss battles non-avoidable, but at the same time its not game over when you lose, i kinda feel they are pointless.

For me, i would prefer if the bosses are a must-win, but for that we should get access to a "training area" that is permanently open, so you can train there as you want (the forest would be a good option on that, after we go there for the story, let it be open. or place that girl somewhere near the academy, and if we talk to her, she comes with "would you like to train a bit?"

It would make the game less VN, and more actual gameplay. Since the game so far is pretty much one linear story, and the only gameplay you have is run from A to B (dont get me wrong, the story so far is great)

thats just my opinion on it. And ppl have different opinions ;)

Also yes, im playing the PC version.

Something small, can you add the current game version into the login screen somewhere? like just on small in some corner. I got so many games, i forgot on which version i have which one. and opening the old game and see which version is it, it helps to decide if i should play it again or not :D

Reactions: Shadow Blade

octogreen

Dec 2, 2019
no

No, it shouldn't happen. I'm having a hard time finding this bug, can you give me all the information you can to help me fix it?
Are you playing the Pc version? Did you use some modification in the game?
where and when happens? what clothes do you use when it happens?
The few people that has reported the bug have shared with me their save files but for some reason my game is unable to read them, like if they don't exist.
Playing on the PC Version (0.14). Wearing the Jr. Guard uniform. Happens when I go to talk to Minerva in the slums outside the Royal Wind at the beginning of training in the forest. I have done pretty much all the bad stuff I have found, if that matters. Tried it with different setting from the same save with no change. It gets to the next loading crew and a chat with the …… and then just brings up the game over screen.

I ran through a second game withou issue. The only difference was I did not let anyone die during the escape through the cave with Nora, her dad and Judith. The game with the issue I had let Nora die. Might be what caused it.

Outside of that, game has been amazing so far. Just did not know if I had it the end of the content, or something else, since I have seen people talk about the forest etc on the forums.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Shadow Blade

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
heyya. thanks for the reply.

Judith can heal yes, but at the same time her ice attack does the most dmg, so to get through the battle its easier to spam that attack that costs 40 mana, and then run back.

About the level'd Nora - okay, so if she is still there, its fine then. if you make boss battles non-avoidable, but at the same time its not game over when you lose, i kinda feel they are pointless.

For me, i would prefer if the bosses are a must-win, but for that we should get access to a "training area" that is permanently open, so you can train there as you want (the forest would be a good option on that, after we go there for the story, let it be open. or place that girl somewhere near the academy, and if we talk to her, she comes with "would you like to train a bit?"

It would make the game less VN, and more actual gameplay. Since the game so far is pretty much one linear story, and the only gameplay you have is run from A to B (dont get me wrong, the story so far is great)

thats just my opinion on it. And ppl have different opinions ;)

Also yes, im playing the PC version.

Something small, can you add the current game version into the login screen somewhere? like just on small in some corner. I got so many games, i forgot on which version i have which one. and opening the old game and see which version is it, it helps to decide if i should play it again or not :D
The forest is something that I want to do repeteable with more sections of it.

I will think about the boss battles.

Do you think Judith's skills should be more expensive to use?

I always leave the number of version in the file of the game. I can't add it to the title screen, because I do everything except the art and my experience in it is null.

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
Playing on the PC Version (0.14). Wearing the Jr. Guard uniform. Happens when I go to talk to Minerva in the slums outside the Royal Wind at the beginning of training in the forest. I have done pretty much all the bad stuff I have found, if that matters. Tried it with different setting from the same save with no change. It gets to the next loading crew and a chat with the …… and then just brings up the game over screen.

I ran through a second game withou issue. The only difference was I did not let anyone die during the escape through the cave with Nora, her dad and Judith. The game with the issue I had let Nora die. Might be what caused it.

Outside of that, game has been amazing so far. Just did not know if I had it the end of the content, or something else, since I have seen people talk about the forest etc on the forums.
Thanks I will check it and look for the problem thta could be causing this. When you reach the end of an update you will always see a text saying it and if you can see another scene. I'm glad you like the game! So the forest is a theme in the forums.... wait are there forums talking about my game besides this one? XD

Last edited:

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
No, this forum. it does appear to be due to having died during the first combat section though.
I changed the order of the instructions for the system, maybe the previous order cause the game to crash showing the game over screen. I checekd the previous battle part, but it doesn't have any relationship. I also tested again and several times the part and I didn't get the game over screen, so I hope this solves the problem.

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
Little disappointed we didn't get a little more to do (I did everything in 20mins) that is a good thing tho as it tells me I want more.
Glad you have been enjoying what I do. The updates will be shorter for a time because now I'm releasing one every month, right now I'm working in 0.16 wich will be available this month for some of my patreons. if you haven't played 0.15 is available in my patreon (I don't know why this page hasn't been updated, I requested since the 7th).

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
Same. It felt like only 5 minutes had passed (though it was probably closer to 15), and it was already over. That was a really small update.
For now I'm releasing smaller updates each month, 0.15 being available to the public right now, and working in 0.16 to be released this month in patreon. it's important to say that the number of scenes I include in each update, and in consequence the length of them depend of 2 factors. One: the funds of the project to actually pay for the art (0.16 for example has 3 scenes and one mini scene, being only one scene left to be ready) and two: my actual time, besides the game I also need to go to work, so this limit my time of what I can do every month.

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Glad you have been enjoying what I do. The updates will be shorter for a time because now I'm releasing one every month, right now I'm working in 0.16 wich will be available this month for some of my patreons. if you haven't played 0.15 is available in my patreon (I don't know why this page hasn't been updated, I requested since the 7th).
I am up to date. I was more talking about what you can do then scenes. I'm aware it's usually 1 or 2 new scenes but usually there is still more to so like going to class and then doing a patrol. I remember talking to landlord and then going to both governor and station and talking to relevant individuals before taking Judith to see old guy. I understand you have other things to do though so that is fair. As I say it's a positive when your fans crave more because you're doing something right.

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
I am up to date. I was more talking about what you can do then scenes. I'm aware it's usually 1 or 2 new scenes but usually there is still more to so like going to class and then doing a patrol. I remember talking to landlord and then going to both governor and station and talking to relevant individuals before taking Judith to see old guy. I understand you have other things to do though so that is fair. As I say it's a positive when your fans crave more because you're doing something right.
I'm glad you want more! I want to add sidequests as well, but I just don't have enough time to think them and add them to the game. I hope you will enjoy what I'm doing for 0.16!

daedalus25

Nov 30, 2019
For now I'm releasing smaller updates each month, 0.15 being available to the public right now, and working in 0.16 to be released this month in patreon. it's important to say that the number of scenes I include in each update, and in consequence the length of them depend of 2 factors. One: the funds of the project to actually pay for the art (0.16 for example has 3 scenes and one mini scene, being only one scene left to be ready) and two: my actual time, besides the game I also need to go to work, so this limit my time of what I can do every month.
I can understand that. If you need extra time to release an update, I think most people would understand. Don't feel pressured to release something every month.

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
I can understand that. If you need extra time to release an update, I think most people would understand. Don't feel pressured to release something every month.
I know, I will keep it in mind if is necessary but for now everything is in schedule and advancing in a good rythm, the last scene of the update is already being worked. I already have the dialogues written in paper, so now I just need to create the events in the game and test some things I want to add for a part of the update.

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
I'm glad you want more! I want to add sidequests as well, but I just don't have enough time to think them and add them to the game. I hope you will enjoy what I'm doing for 0.16!
Out of curiosity though. With your current plans how long do you think it will be before the girls start doing things more sexual then current. Like knowingly performing sexual acts?

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
Out of curiosity though. With your current plans how long do you think it will be before the girls start doing things more sexual then current. Like knowingly performing sexual acts?
if I focus in just one character, for example the governor, I could have Nora having sex with him with a few events more (around 2 or 3) in other words one update. But I have the tendency to advance a little of different characters with each update because everyone likes different characters and want for them to claim the girl's firsts. Some support Chris, others support dominic, others the governor, others the vagrant and so on.

Reactions: BadmanBaxter
3.00 star(s) 36 Votes