Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
Hey Shadow Blade, love the game but I just had a thought, well, it's more of a hope really.
When you finally release the update where Nora can choose to lose her virginity to someone, PLEASE for the love of god do not release that update WITHOUT CG's to go with that scene.

Nothing bums me out more than when games like Star Knightess Aura release an update with new scenes only to find out that I'm just reading a text adventure because the CG's aren't ready yet.

Just a personal pet peeve that I hope you avoid!
Love your game and wish you the best!
for that you don't have to worry, the CGs marks me how much I can advance each update. I understand the importance of the drawings specially for such an event. I even want to add some blood for them.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr and RyRa²

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
I will write this message to answer possible questions you may have.

Some of you ask how much time will take for the game to be ready.
The truth is that I want to finish the game for next year, and no, this doesn't mean sex scenes will appear until next year. Lots of characters are very close to fuck Nora, an example of this is that the next event for the Captain is anal sex with her. (outside of the scene that the Patreons already saw).

However I may take another year depending of how much content I want to add, for example some of you ask me for an incest route or for chris fucking more girls, and more expansions for other males, like Peter the vagrant. I also would like to add hints of the girls of other games, like pics of them taken 5 years prior (Yes, the Relian princesses).

Those expansions means more drawings and work. Honestly is totally possible to do them but that would mean more patience from all of you or that my capacity to comission drawings grow. My project is not a big one, I'm still unable to do this at full time but the number of art I can comission now is 3 times more than when I begin, in 8 months I will do the same as my first 2 years! And we are 100 dollars away from being able to comission a 4th monthly scene.

Every month the project grows more and more. Thanks to all the people who supports me the game has more content than ever, 0.19 will have 2 more scenes for Chris, 1 scene for the Captain, an event in the academy, new portraits for Nora and Minerva (new school uniform) and a patreon's character is being worked. (0.19 will have more scenes because a Patreon paid a tier that allow him to asks for a custom scene).

So, I can only tell you that I will keep working to finish Way of Corruption and as some of you know I have years doing this, so at least you can see and confirm that I'm still here working the game and updating it month by month, the game will never be abandoned. My compromise with the game and with all of you is real, so please keep in mind that I'm doing my best with the resources I have.

Arcachnar

Sep 14, 2021
Shadow Blade Yeah. I would rather wait until it is actually finished and without any bugs than it comes out while being rushed, horribly bugged and half-finished, only because some people really really want it to happen. If you know what I mean.

PS: Crap. I think I accidently pressed report while trying to scroll up on my phone. (Scrolling was acting up again) Sorry people.

• Haha
Reactions: Shadow Blade

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I don't think you should really bother with you pacing. It's objectively decent, not too fast but not slow either. With your updates routine you're very predictably delivering high quality scenes of a next corruption tier. It's very easy to see how far from sex scenes Nora is and it's not that far (at least with some characters). Game is progressing in a great way, writing is way above average and art is great. At this point I'd consider quality of life upgrades and custom UI so it feels more like a standalone game rather than RPG Maker. By girls of other games you mean your future games?

• Red Heart

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
Shadow Blade Yeah. I would rather wait until it is actually finished and without any bugs than it comes out while being rushed, horribly bugged and half-finished, only because some people really really want it to happen. If you know what I mean.

PS: Crap. I think I accidently pressed report while trying to scroll up on my phone. (Scrolling was acting up again) Sorry people.
I understnad what you say, I try to do the same with games I'm interested

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
I don't think you should really bother with you pacing. It's objectively decent, not too fast but not slow either. With your updates routine you're very predictably delivering high quality scenes of a next corruption tier. It's very easy to see how far from sex scenes Nora is and it's not that far (at least with some characters). Game is progressing in a great way, writing is way above average and art is great. At this point I'd consider quality of life upgrades and custom UI so it feels more like a standalone game rather than RPG Maker. By girls of other games you mean your future games?
I wish I could do a custom UI. Yes, by girls of other games I mean characters for future games

Reactions: Ignazzio

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Totally awesome and sweet.
Shadow Blade, I don't know if anybody has mentioned it to you, but, she enters a building, I don't remember which it was and she gets stuck in it. There doesn't seem to be a way out for her and I got so frustrated, and I remembered that my last save was a ways back, so I just closed the game. I will start a new game and before I enter any building, I will save my game, and if I get stuck again, I will let you know which building or where in the game it happens.

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
Shadow Blade, I don't know if anybody has mentioned it to you, but, she enters a building, I don't remember which it was and she gets stuck in it. There doesn't seem to be a way out for her and I got so frustrated, and I remembered that my last save was a ways back, so I just closed the game. I will start a new game and before I enter any building, I will save my game, and if I get stuck again, I will let you know which building or where in the game it happens.
please let me know, i may be able to help you if i have more information and you may not be forced to do a new save

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I wish I could do a custom UI. Yes, by girls of other games I mean characters for future games
UI is imo quite important. You can always find different game with cool UI, copy and modify it graphically. It changes how game appears. When it comes to easier things, I think it would be beneficial if other characters that join us had standing portraits in menu as well. Oh, you're planning on developing this world with your future games? That's cool, cuz it's really interesting.

• Red Heart

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
UI is imo quite important. You can always find different game with cool UI, copy and modify it graphically. It changes how game appears. When it comes to easier things, I think it would be beneficial if other characters that join us had standing portraits in menu as well. Oh, you're planning on developing this world with your future games? That's cool, cuz it's really interesting.
Can you tell me the names of the games with nice UI? Yes, I will add Judith and Minerva's portraits to the menu too. Yup the plan is to make sequels and even a prequel.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Can you tell me the names of the games with nice UI? Yes, I will add Judith and Minerva's portraits to the menu too. Yup the plan is to make sequels and even a prequel.
Topic of UI probably requires some deeper investigation into plenty of titles but from what I've seen there are some really nice UIs out there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ofc, you don't need that many functions in your UI so it would be simplified and adjusted. It's a bothersome work to look for a decent UI, as most western games don't bother and you have to check each game to see it. But I've seen a lot of them. These 3 are just examples I found now. Tbh, your current UI with custom buttons and background probably would do. I find it quite important to make a game appear professional but it's certainly on a backlist of things to do during development. Oh and I also meant character status which often times is the most polished part of the game and second example even tho it seems basic has really good character page. First one is probably too basic as I think of it now.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Shadow Blade, in my last post I mentioned a bug concerning entering a building and being unable to exit. I had to start a new game because my saves weren't there and it seems like you had tinkered with the beginning of the game because that scene wasn't there and scenes changed a little when Nora was doing her first guard duty at the food court. Anyway, I was able to progress without issue so far.
I am deeply impressed with your storytelling and writing. What an imagination you have, sir. I don't know if you have plans for animated scenes, but, if you do, it would be a perfect time for when Nora actually has sex, anal or otherwise. I hope to see Nora lose her virginity to her father (optional), with plenty of blood. I would love to see bedroom action and sleeping together when they have the chance. I would love to see a romance between the two develop since he is the best manly figure in her life and she reminds him so much of her mother. Perfect combo.
The H scenes are far and in between, but, you keep it together with your excellent story. I still wish there was more sex. I love seeing Nora, fooled, conned, and forced to do what she is starting to love doing. Could she eventually even sink into being a prostitute? Working at the massage parlor and giving happy endings? Slipping into Daddy's bed at night?

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
Topic of UI probably requires some deeper investigation into plenty of titles but from what I've seen there are some really nice UIs out there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ofc, you don't need that many functions in your UI so it would be simplified and adjusted. It's a bothersome work to look for a decent UI, as most western games don't bother and you have to check each game to see it. But I've seen a lot of them. These 3 are just examples I found now. Tbh, your current UI with custom buttons and background probably would do. I find it quite important to make a game appear professional but it's certainly on a backlist of things to do during development. Oh and I also meant character status which often times is the most polished part of the game and second example even tho it seems basic has really good character page. First one is probably too basic as I think of it now.
someone suggested me to check renpy, I will do that and also i can check these works too

Reactions: Ignazzio

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
Shadow Blade, in my last post I mentioned a bug concerning entering a building and being unable to exit. I had to start a new game because my saves weren't there and it seems like you had tinkered with the beginning of the game because that scene wasn't there and scenes changed a little when Nora was doing her first guard duty at the food court. Anyway, I was able to progress without issue so far.
I am deeply impressed with your storytelling and writing. What an imagination you have, sir. I don't know if you have plans for animated scenes, but, if you do, it would be a perfect time for when Nora actually has sex, anal or otherwise. I hope to see Nora lose her virginity to her father (optional), with plenty of blood. I would love to see bedroom action and sleeping together when they have the chance. I would love to see a romance between the two develop since he is the best manly figure in her life and she reminds him so much of her mother. Perfect combo.
The H scenes are far and in between, but, you keep it together with your excellent story. I still wish there was more sex. I love seeing Nora, fooled, conned, and forced to do what she is starting to love doing. Could she eventually even sink into being a prostitute? Working at the massage parlor and giving happy endings? Slipping into Daddy's bed at night?
i would love to have animations, but i prefer to use that same money for more scenes, at least with the current state of the project, that's the priority. there will be blood. She will act as a prostitute sometimes, she won't work in the massage parlor and the incest is still to decide XD

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
someone suggested me to check renpy, I will do that and also i can check these works too
Well, if that's possible there are plenty of different engines and versions of RPGM to search thru. WOLF engine games tend to look nice in that regard. If RPGM and its version isn't a restriction, it should be fairly easy to come up with something nice.

3.00 star(s) 36 Votes