Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
In general: this game deserve much more support than it currently get Imo and i really excited about Buck's content ;), but art inconsistency both in stylization and quality such a turn off - second artist's (probably new one) quality varies between real nice and almost childish. This game could be much better if artists found "middle ground" style of sorts. Last updates also felt different, not in a good way - I hope that developer doing good (no depression or similar).
Thanks for your words!
I still work with the original artist, he´s doing some portraits. In respect to the second artist I work a lot with him because the original has put me in serious problems in various ocassions (Not giving me any preview of his work and stop answering to my texts even when the work is already payed). The new artist is very reliable and has allow me to comission bigger scenes.

What do you mean by different?
I'm not in depression but certainly have a lot of stress and tiredness.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ifllslonly

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
Thanks for your words!
I still work with the original artist, he´s doing some portraits. In respect to the second artist I work a lot with him because the original has put me in serious problems in various ocassions (Not giving me any preview of his work and stop answering to my texts even when the work is already payed). The new artist is very reliable and has allow me to comission bigger scenes.

What do you mean by different?
I'm not in depression but certainly have a lot of stress and tiredness.
Long-term communication, professional or not, can often prove to be difficult, i got you here. As i already said i don't dislike second artist, he is probably new and will become more constant and professional with time.

Most important factor for me, however, and it's way above everything else, is consistency: best case scenario is a one artstyle for a whole game and it does not matter which one. I genuinely think that one art style in a game is objectively much better then two.
Reliability is of course an important factor, but we are usually consider someone reliable as long as they doesn't screw up and we can't know if they won't. Work ethic is not always something stable, especially among creative people, but without creative people we can only get a manufactured product.
I don't defend first artist behaivior and kinda opposite - I think It's better if you stop paying him at all if he is so problematic; but I just want to say: don't let second artist be lazy by defending his work based on his work ethic. If You personally feel something is off you should always tell them or they won't improve and will be lazy, intentionally or not.
Quality is always better than quantity anyway, just look at amount of games on this forum. ;)

About last updates: I really enjoyed governor event but Chris event for example felt a bit... mandatory (and I am talking more about big picture here then this particular event), mainly because horny/drunk/sleep card was already played by Dominic multiple times and also because there was 3 "friends" in the first place and not only Chris. If Chris decided to share the "experience" with friend(s) or something similar, scene could have had different colors.
In general: It could be great if in result of player's decicions to cut off story of one of the characters he could have gotten an alternative "punishment" erotic event, even if it's short, or similar consequence. It could be also cool to see just a little more context for important erotic milestones and text variations based on past events.

Last edited:

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
Long-term communication, professional or not, can often prove to be difficult, i got you here. As i already said i don't dislike second artist, he is probably new and will become more consistant and professional with time. However the problem is not art quality but mostly stylization differences and composition choices - bird's eye view is not your best pick for erotic, without context at least :) Reliability is of course an important factor, but we are usually consider someone reliable as long as they doesn't screw up and we can't know if they won't. Work ethic is not always something stable, especially among creative people, but without creative people we can only get a manufactured product. I don't defend first artist behaivior, I just want to say: don't let second artist be lazy by defending his work based on his work ethic.
If You personally feel something is off you should always tell them or they won't improve and will be lazy, intentionally or not. Quality is always better than quantity anyway, just look at amount of games on this forum. ;)

About last updates: I really enjoyed governor event but Chris event for example felt a bit... mandatory, second part, to be exact, mainly because horny/drunk/sleep card was already played by Dominic multiple times and also because there was 3 "friends" in the first place and not only Chris. If Chris decided to share the "experience" with friend(s) or something similar, scene could have had different colors.
In general: It could be great if in result of player's decicions to cut off story of one of the characters he could have gotten an alternative "punishment" erotic event, even if it's short, or similar consequence. It could be also cool to see just a little more context for important erotic milestones and text variations based on past events.
What's the bird eye thing?
Keep in mind the males (included Chris) want the girls to themsleves, is not their goal to share their hard earned holes, maybe show them off but not sharing themXD
A lot of Chris' fans really liked that event and I mean a lot XD!
Can you explain more the alternative punishment, I didn't understand it.

Please keep in mind you can always contact me in discord, I will answer faster there

qwerfgh

Oct 19, 2019
That shouldn't happen. Nora being in that group. Most probably it happens because she has different clothes than the ones used in her portriats during the narrative. I put a kind of lock there but I will check why it didn't work. To make it work you should advance Nora's previous section with the corresponding outfits and reach Ali Baba without her
I also have this issue with the freeze and Nora in the group.
It was about impossible to not get the Nora clone at several point and at some points, you couldn't advance without it as it always happened. But it didn't bring issues before now

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
What's the bird eye thing?
Keep in mind the males (included Chris) want the girls to themsleves, is not their goal to share their hard earned holes, maybe show them off but not sharing themXD
A lot of Chris' fans really liked that event and I mean a lot XD!
Can you explain more the alternative punishment, I didn't understand it.

Please keep in mind you can always contact me in discord, I will answer faster there
I didn't mean to share fully and I am not into sharing either, I am more a sadistic type, just find it hot to force girl on someone she hate or doesn't like and, sadly, never saw something like that anywhere it was just an example.
I also like Chris character and think he can potentially have blackmail route or even make friends with Buck at some point.
I have also changed this post to make a point more clear - I am just saying that it's not much of a corruption if every character are going to drug Nora unconscious.

About punishments.
Example for Dominic.
For this example to work Dominic should increase Nora's combat stats on each training event, lets say that player avoided Dominic and Nora have less stats. Dominic feels mad about his plan was ruined and he order Nora to patrol, so she does, Dominic buy thugs with intention to rape unconscious Nora with thugs help, classic kidnap, but something goes wrong (because player didn't like Dominic in the first place) and Nora got any type of event with thugs instead. And it can be particularly unavoidable, player can do something beforehand to not let thugs have full way with Nora, like talk to someone or something.
Example for doc. Doc goes to Academy and give fake documents about Nora's health. Nora must prove her health somehow now with doc "help" or with something entirely different.

So, basically what i mean by "punishment" event is a partially dismissal event for a character that serve a purpose of unavoidable / particularly unavoidable additional erotic event for players who decided to avoid main erotic branch of said character and it does not have to be hardcore, it can be light erotic. And while this type of events are not entirely new branch it will add weight for the story, player choices, can potentially be expanded in the future and also good to have for game design purposes / in general.

What do you think about idea of ups and downs? When girls have some hope to solve many problems by doing something, and managed to solve some of them but got more of the same problems or completely different ones in result and again and again. About this concept in general. I think that it can help story to not go straight into the corruption while maintaining same "temperature" and story pacing, saving some space for maneuver.

I also like your approach with scenes for girls. It's always better to see many scenes for main girls like Judith, Minerva and Nora and much less for others. And i hope it will stay this way or Nora as main character will have even more. It's not a harem game after all.

I hope that this feedback will be helpful or good for inspiration. ;)

Last edited:

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
I also have this issue with the freeze and Nora in the group.
It was about impossible to not get the Nora clone at several point and at some points, you couldn't advance without it as it always happened. But it didn't bring issues before now
can you tell me if you picked the route of chris?
nora should be removed when going to ali baba section, and the mission before it, forces you take an specific outfit to trigger it. i believe is the guard outfit but i will check it again

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
I didn't mean share fully and I am not into sharing also, I am more a sadistic type, just find it hot to force girl on someone she hate or doesn't like and, sadly, never saw something like that anywhere :( it was just an example. I also like Chris character and think he can potentially have blackmail route or even make friends with Buck at some point.
About punishment: For this example to work Dominic should increase Nora's combat stats on each training event, lets say that player avoided Dominic and Nora have less stats. Dominic feels mad about his plan was ruined and he order Nora to patrol, so she does, Dominic buy thugs with intention to rape unconscious Nora with thugs help, classic kidnap, but something goes wrong (because player didn't like Dominic in the first place) and Nora got any type of event with thugs instead. And it can be particularly unavoidable, player can do something beforehand to not let thugs have full way with Nora, like talk to someone or something.
Example punishment for avoiding doc can be something like: doc goes to Academy and give fake documents about Nora's health. Nora must prove her health somehow now with doc "help" or with something entirely different.

I also like your approach with scenes for girls. It's always better to see many scenes for main girls like Judith, Minerva and Nora and much less for others. And i hope it will stay this way or Nora as main character will have even more. It's not a harem game after all.

I hope that this feedback will be helpful. ;)
I will analize your suggestion, I thank that you shared with me

qwerfgh

Oct 19, 2019
can you tell me if you picked the route of chris?
nora should be removed when going to ali baba section, and the mission before it, forces you take an specific outfit to trigger it. i believe is the guard outfit but i will check it again
I picked Chris route, along with every other possible route...

I could have gone to chris right after the guards, or that I changed right into gaurds uniform, but having no task there. I believe it was a few saves back. I believe that it got stuck after a long mission and I didn't want to redo the mission.

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
I picked Chris route, along with every other possible route...

I could have gone to chris right after the guards, or that I changed right into gaurds uniform, but having no task there. I believe it was a few saves back. I believe that it got stuck after a long mission and I didn't want to redo the mission.
I found where the restriction failed. I will fix it.
If you have a save file before entering the sleeping sheep to dance, use it. make sure Nora is using her guard uniform.
if you don't, then i can facilitate you a save file where you need it

qwerfgh

Oct 19, 2019
I found where the restriction failed. I will fix it.
If you have a save file before entering the sleeping sheep to dance, use it. make sure Nora is using her guard uniform.
if you don't, then i can facilitate you a save file where you need it

She had her guard uniform on, but that wasn't enough as the clone was already there.

I managed to trace back a save from before the last part of Chris route, that solved it.

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
She had her guard uniform on, but that wasn't enough as the clone was already there.

I managed to trace back a save from before the last part of Chris route, that solved it.
okay, since then you had the double Nora? when that happens you can try to change her clothes again, that should erase a Nora

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
SB, do you plan to add "fast start" new game option to let player pick choices from previous versions in order to skip gameplay straight to current version or it's too time consuming? It's really good for replayability, similar system is present in "Dilmur" for example even if it's clanky.
I have also changed my last post to add more clarity.

Last edited:

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
SB, do you plan to add "fast start" new game option to let player pick choices from previous versions in order to skip gameplay straight to current version or it's too time consuming? It's really good for replayability, similar system is present in "Dilmur" for example even if it's clanky.
I have also changed my last post to add more clarity.
honestly i didn't think about it. the problem in this case is that i wasn't prepare for this so it may not be as easy as I could think, one mistake could make a damn mess

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
honestly i didn't think about it. the problem in this case is that i wasn't prepare for this so it may not be as easy as I could think, one mistake could make a damn mess
It's totally fine not to if it's too problematic. I think that it's not worth it if takes too much time. It's just make sense for text heavy RPG, you know.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shadow Blade
3.00 star(s) 36 Votes