1.80 star(s) 39 Votes

groq

Aug 12, 2017
Welcome to F95zone RALX ! If your user name is not misleading, you should be the dev of this game. So, congrats for your first post here! Although your posting style doesn't seem new to me, it looks similar to K......r Games. Maybe is a coincidence, maybe is a trait of the country ... or friendship ...

Disclaimer: I'a not the guy who annoyed you, but I'll answer instead of him.
Our BEST CONGRATULATIONS to the owner of these IPs:
<Removed by mod. Do not post IPs publicly in this these forums>

We won't post the patreon account links for privacy but we have few questions:
- did you know that you can't login because our new server is actually banning everyone who's using a pirated version of the game, right?
Wow, a guy with 3+ IPs from different countries (why not 3+ guys sharing a Patreon account?)! I wish I have more IPs too ... :LOL::LOL:
- did you know that we know everyone that is actually using the pirated version of the game?
Really, man? I use a pirated version too, so add my ID to your list.
- did you know that trying to hack a system is actually ILLEGAL and are violating tons of laws and we can take a legal action about that for trying to violate a private server? After all, we got your IPs, and retrieving who's behind the computer should not be a problem for the authorities. :)
Before posting, did you check the IPs? Two of them are EU IPs, but one is from Iraq. I doubt you'll have success with any legal action there.
Personal request:
I always wanted to know my IP, but I can't find it. :D Would you be so kind to send me my IP address?
Come on. We're aware that you like our game, but the game is over now.
Wrong, the game just started ... and no, I don't like your game.
Finally I have a question:
why do you suppose the annoying guy is here (your post is not very explicit)?

RALX

Jan 28, 2020
Welcome to F95zone RALX ! If your user name is not misleading, you should be the dev of this game. So, congrats for your first post here! Although your posting style doesn't seem new to me, it looks similar to K......r Games. Maybe is a coincidence, maybe is a trait of the country ... or friendship ...

Disclaimer: I'a not the guy who annoyed you, but I'll answer instead of him.

Wow, a guy with 3+ IPs from different countries (why not 3+ guys sharing a Patreon account?)! I wish I have more IPs too ... :LOL::LOL:

Really, man? I use a pirated version too, so add my ID to your list.

Before posting, did you check the IPs? Two of them are EU IPs, but one is from Iraq. I doubt you'll have success with any legal action there.
Personal request:
I always wanted to know my IP, but I can't find it. :D Would you be so kind to send me my IP address?

Wrong, the game just started ... and no, I don't like your game.
Finally I have a question:
why do you suppose the annoying guy is here (your post is not very explicit)?
- "Posting style?" (???)
- Should we share the whole list of all the IPs using the crack coming up from here? :)
- You don't like our game but you still use a pirated version? It sounds "logic" ahah
- Yeah we know it's coming from here because of the "1850" thing, that value brought us here since the 'crack' came out from this forum.

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
yeah so we see what u as a dev, are up for.
i reported u on paetron for fraud
i also called 20 mins ago the police, because u published my IP in publik, without my permission
u installed through your game spy ware that had acces to my PC without my permission
u are threatening me

so have fun.because i bet on it, that u do more illegal stuff than others here.that boomerang of yours , just hit u back

just to let u know .. u are much deeper into pirate activities...maybe u use your little brain next time, because if u aim and shoot, be sure u hit ^^
as i said this boomerang comes back to u

Last edited:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Our BEST CONGRATULATIONS to the owner of these IPs:
<Removed by mod. Do not post IPs publicly in this these forums>

We won't post the patreon account links for privacy but we have few questions:
- did you know that you can't login because our new server is actually banning everyone who's using a pirated version of the game, right?
- did you know that we know everyone that is actually using the pirated version of the game?
- did you know that trying to hack a system is actually ILLEGAL and are violating tons of laws and we can take a legal action about that for trying to violate a private server? After all, we got your IPs, and retrieving who's behind the computer should not be a problem for the authorities. :)

Come on. We're aware that you like our game, but the game is over now.
Waging war on players never been fruitful for any big game company out there. Doubt it would be any better for creators on Patreon. Ever heard of "Shota Bobokhidze"?, created a game called "Danger Gazers", released it on steam, didn't make much of a notice. He posted a torrent of the game on "Piratebay", with a small plea of people support it if they liked it. Guess what? Steam sales went up 400%....

Sometimes it's just about reach out to people and good things can happen. If you want to fight them uphill every step on the way, maybe not so much. Word of mouth is the best advertisement you can get. Get a bad reputation is like take an arrow to the knee.

groq

Aug 12, 2017
- "Posting style?" (???)
Yep: a bit of threatening, a bit of intimidating, a bit of self-confidence in your PC skills, a bit of arrogance, a bit of sense of humor. (interesting mix isn't it?)
- Should we share the whole list of all the IPs using the crack coming up from here? :)
No, it's forbidden. You said about the pirated version (nothing about the crack). The version posted here (without the crack; not really a crack, more like a quick and dirty hack) is still a pirated version. My request was a kind of joke. I never used the "crack", never logged-in to the server, but cracked the game to play it completly Offline (never shared it, it's not polished, but if you want I can post it here).
- You don't like our game but you still use a pirated version? It sounds "logic" ahah
Very logic. I USED the game, disliking came after. Now I only look at CG hopeing to an improvement. None.
- Yeah we know it's coming from here because of the "1850" thing, that value brought us here since the 'crack' came out from this forum.
You got a valid point here.

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
Yep: a bit of threatening, a bit of intimidating, a bit of self-confidence in your PC skills, a bit of arrogance, a bit of sense of humor. (interesting mix isn't it?)

No, it's forbidden. You said about the pirated version (nothing about the crack). The version posted here (without the crack; not really a crack, more like a quick and dirty hack) is still a pirated version. My request was a kind of joke. I never used the "crack", never logged-in to the server, but cracked the game to play it completly Offline (never shared it, it's not polished, but if you want I can post it here).

Very logic. I USED the game, disliking came after. Now I only look at CG hopeing to an improvement. None.

You got a valid point here.
dont worry, i already reported him to the police, and at the paetron side also.and i alredy gave them logs and proofs of his froud, and his illegal aktivieties.they countet 1+1 in less than 10 mins already
he releases the game on many sites , and hoped this will happen so he can start to blackmail others . the police is not so stupid to not see it. he will get his boomerang

Vegeta Sama

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2017
Alright... RALX seems to be unable to reply now, so as soon as I got the message on Discord I came here to shot a point and give an explanation about the whole situation since mods have banned him\her.

About Enginetsys:

RALX Games, as many other game developers, are using Enginetsys:
It is a private DRM system came out from my crew (The Circle Crew).
The DRM system works for every HTML5-exportable-support game engines, it will mean a 100% compatibility with:

• Unity
• UnrealEngine
• RPG Maker MV
• Visual Novel Maker
• and many others!

(If you're interested in using it, feel free to send me a message!)

However, here is how the DRM system works:

1) The server will generate a code, and will send the code to the player.
2) The user will input the gave code
3) The server receive the request, so it will check the code if exist
4) After that will check the associated user\pledge and grant the access to the content.

How we found out that many users tried to pirate the products:

We started to see abnormal requests coming to our servers like

• The requests were pointing to never generated codes
• The requests were pointing to not-existing users
• The requests were sending random values
• The code-user-pledge check failed because one of these 3 values were not-existing

Of course, to all server requests it is associated an IP.

This mean, that even the "cracked product" was alerting us that something wrong was going on, so I personally reported it to the games developers.
What happened after that, I suppose was just a consequence and it's between Users and Ralx guys - so I'm out of it.

Let me allow to give you a little tip:
• If you want to play a 'cracked version' and let no one knows about it, be smart and block the game through your firewall. ;)

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
WOW I missed a LOT!

Personally I don't have a problem with this game having a secondary DRM. It's basically the same as if it wasg Patron only. The fact that it's both is annoying at best and let's just not go into the subject of it being a total lost cause since people WILL get around it no matter what they try.

But this "Ha-ha-HA! Look at these IPs we totally shouldn't be allowed to use outside of our system!" is actually pretty troublesome, but it's a human problem and not tech.
It's definitely not malware just a basic "call home" DRM like most games and the worst that can come of it is WHEN the dev gets bored of running their own server and shuts it down without patching the game people who payed for it will be left with a waste of drive space.

Alright... RALX seems to be unable to reply now, so as soon as I got the message on Discord I came here to shot a point and give an explanation about the whole situation since mods have banned him\her.

About Enginetsys:

RALX Games, as many other game developers, are using Enginetsys:
It is a private DRM system came out from my crew (The Circle Crew).
The DRM system works for every HTML5-exportable-support game engines, it will mean a 100% compatibility with:

• Unity
• UnrealEngine
• RPG Maker MV
• Visual Novel Maker
• and many others!

(If you're interested in using it, feel free to send me a message!)

However, here is how the DRM system works:

1) The server will generate a code, and will send the code to the player.
2) The user will input the gave code
3) The server receive the request, so it will check the code if exist
4) After that will check the associated user\pledge and grant the access to the content.

How we found out that many users tried to pirate the products:

We started to see abnormal requests coming to our servers like

• The requests were pointing to never generated codes
• The requests were pointing to not-existing users
• The requests were sending random values
• The code-user-pledge check failed because one of these 3 values were not-existing

Of course, to all server requests it is associated an IP.

This mean, that even the "cracked product" was alerting us that something wrong was going on, so I personally reported it to the games developers.
What happened after that, I suppose was just a consequence and it's between Users and Ralx guys - so I'm out of it.

Let me allow to give you a little tip:
• If you want to play a 'cracked version' and let no one knows about it, be smart and block the game through your firewall. ;)
Thank you for the clarification.

I'm pretty sure most people were just upset about the "poor" reaction of the dev and hopefully no one tries to drag your group into this "private info leaked" situation. If nothing else may I ask how do you handle these DRM servers? Are they per developer hosted or is it a central system?

Since to avoid problems like this in the future it might be wise to somehow obfuscate the actual IP in the future. Keep a hash of the address to still identify bans and only show partial values to human users or use some kind of a region ID system to only show the country of origin or the likes.

I'm a webdeveloper and I know how much of a pain this can be so I'm really just curious to see what you think or if you have already tried solutions like that?

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
Vegeta Sama

they maybe banned him because of his attidue, comming here publishing private IP´s, trying to intimidate players, and threatening them, and treathening them with authorities and so on.

for my 2 cent u can read my postings above about this stuff. and for me its done, i took my steps against it, and iam done with it

Vegeta Sama

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2017
I'm pretty sure most people were just upset about the "poor" reaction of the dev and hopefully no one tries to drag your group into this "private info leaked" situation. If nothing else may I ask how do you handle these DRM servers? Are they per developer hosted or is it a central system?

Since to avoid problems like this in the future it might be wise to somehow obfuscate the actual IP in the future. Keep a hash of the address to still identify bans and only show partial values to human users or use some kind of a region ID system to only show the country of origin or the likes.

I'm a webdeveloper and I know how much of a pain this can be so I'm really just curious to see what you think or if you have already tried solutions like that?
Well, they've seen 17k unauthorized connections, everybody could get a little angry\disappointed... lol

However alright, this is the DRM structure - central system:

Data Server---------------- Data Server Backup
..........|........................................|
*************Firewall Lv0 *************
Main Server --------------- Main Server Backup
*************Firewall Lv1 *************
DevServer1 ---------------- DevServer 1 Backup
*************Firewall Lv2 *************
...................................|.............................
***** [Communication Srv. \ Patreon ]
...................................|.............................
Outside level (Game)

I hope the Scheme is clear in how they work.

About the obfuscation, yes, it will be up in the next system upgrade (next month).
Thanks for the tip.

they maybe banned him because of his attidue, comming here publishing private IP´s, trying to intimidate players, and threatening them, and treathening them with authorities and so on.
Ahem... actually... a server violation \ unauthorized access is flaggable as crime in the whole world so that sounded to me more a warning than a threat.
However of course I'm not trying to justify the mean reaction, since I could understand both sides.

Last edited:

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
Well, they've seen 17k unauthorized connections, everybody could get a little angry\disappointed... lol
That is totally understandable, not even questioning that.
But bad PR never leads to anything. That's all I meant to say. That's up the dev on a human level as not everyone can have a PR manager, but still.

However alright, this is the DRM structure - central system:

I hope the Scheme is clear in how they work.
Server architecture is sadly not my forte, but I can see how it works.

Also I meant the central/per dev as in do you just give the software out to devs to make their own servers or do you run your own that other devs' games can connect to for authentication.
Looking at how complex it has to be I can see now that this is a central system as kind of a DRM service for others.

That's good to know since there's less of a chance that people will loose access to their games just because a one man dev doesn't want to maintain a server anymore. (y)
Will still need to see how things go if the dev just stops making the game. No idea if you have some kind of a fail-safe in place or if you even have a limit on how long you'll maintain a game without developer interaction, but that's a discussion for another time.

About the obfuscation, yes, it will be up in the next system upgrade (next month).
Thanks for the tip.
Good to hear and glad if I could be of some help. :)

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The more intrusive DRM schemes is, the more put off players/users get. Heck the likes of EA, Activision and more, had players gone up in riots over it. And that even paying customers.

People will always copy, and pirate. I done it ever since copying tapes on a c64 back in the day. I even ran a pirate bbs system for 5 years (then internet came and killed that scene). Anyways, a pirated game doesn't equal a lost sale/pledge. But a good game that get pirated have a high chance of the player actually buy it or back the creator. Creators that get involved in the community and cultivate it have a better chance at attract supporters too. Going ape on people over their game get pirated have less a desired effect.

One of the more successful game studios out there "CD Projekt", doesn't use any drm on their games. yet they sell in droves and a huge favorite among gamers. Their games get pirated as well, but they acknowledge the fact it would happen regardless drm or not. They proven the approach of honey works better than vinegar.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
The more intrusive DRM schemes is, the more put off players/users get. Heck the likes of EA, Activision and more, had players gone up in riots over it. And that even paying customers.

People will always copy, and pirate. I done it ever since copying tapes on a c64 back in the day. I even ran a pirate bbs system for 5 years (then internet came and killed that scene). Anyways, a pirated game doesn't equal a lost sale/pledge. But a good game that get pirated have a high chance of the player actually buy it or back the creator. Creators that get involved in the community and cultivate it have a better chance at attract supporters too. Going ape on people over their game get pirated have less a desired effect.

One of the more successful game studios out there "CD Projekt", doesn't use any drm on their games. yet they sell in droves and a huge favorite among gamers. Their games get pirated as well, but they acknowledge the fact it would happen regardless drm or not. They proven the approach of honey works better than vinegar.
Not to mention they have card games/not talking about gwent/ and a board game published by FFG.Tones of figures,puzzles and whatever merchandise you can think.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Not to mention they have card games/not talking about gwent/ and a board game published by FFG.Tones of figures,puzzles and whatever merchandise you can think.
and they run the gog game store. Which also.. no intrusive drm. Bought quite a lot of games there, old classics and such that i did pirate before... funny that.

Reactions: botc76

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

It has come to our attention that there might be a bit of an issue in this thread. Especially with the posting of users IPs

So we would like to open up some transparency on what we found to be a mentionable situation in the thread.

The user RALX had posted IPs of users who had pirated the game. This triggered a ban on that account.

Upon further review of the thread we found that the user Vegeta Sama shares the same IP as the account RALX that was banned.

We don’t condone the manipulation of our users. Especially in situations where personal information was shared. We want to make these alts known so our users can make a more informed decision when discussing in any given game thread.

Thanks and sorry for any interruption,

-Thrown-

Last edited by a moderator:

_DarkDesires_

Jan 3, 2018
Hello everyone,

It has come to our attention that there might be a bit of an issue in this thread. Especially with the posting of users IPs

So we would like to open up some transparency on what we found to be a mentionable situation in the thread.

The user RALX had posted IPs of users who had pirated the game. This triggered a ban on that account.

Upon further review of the thread we found that the user Vegeta Sama shares the same IP as the account RALX that was banned. This was confirmed by our systems admin along with the account Kravenar Games

We don’t condone the manipulation of our users. Especially in situations where personal information was shared. We want to make these alts known so our users can make a more informed decision when discussing in any given game thread.

Thanks and sorry for any interruption,

-Thrown-
So if those acc. are the same person as RALX who posted IP addresses, shouldn't they be banned as well?

Reactions: curseofthesky
1.80 star(s) 39 Votes