1.80 star(s) 39 Votes

groq

Aug 12, 2017
Hello everyone,

Upon further review of the thread we found that the user Vegeta Sama shares the same IP as the account RALX that was banned. This was confirmed by our systems admin along with the account Kravenar Games

Thanks and sorry for any interruption,

-Thrown-
Thank you for confirming my previous suspicion:
Welcome to F95zone RALX ! If your user name is not misleading, you should be the dev of this game. So, congrats for your first post here! Although your posting style doesn't seem new to me, it looks similar to K......r Games. Maybe is a coincidence, maybe is a trait of the country ... or friendship ...

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
This will be discussed among staff.
Same IP address doesn't necessary mean the same person though? If they part of the same "internal network", or maybe even VPN? One of Vegeta's earliest posts was sharing a public version of this game (in this thread), back in 2018. Didn't really come across as the same person as RALIX though. But could very well be in the same boat...

Reactions: botc76

zielony2

Dec 16, 2017
The more intrusive DRM schemes is, the more put off players/users get. Heck the likes of EA, Activision and more, had players gone up in riots over it. And that even paying customers.

People will always copy, and pirate. I done it ever since copying tapes on a c64 back in the day. I even ran a pirate bbs system for 5 years (then internet came and killed that scene). Anyways, a pirated game doesn't equal a lost sale/pledge. But a good game that get pirated have a high chance of the player actually buy it or back the creator. Creators that get involved in the community and cultivate it have a better chance at attract supporters too. Going ape on people over their game get pirated have less a desired effect.

One of the more successful game studios out there "CD Projekt", doesn't use any drm on their games. yet they sell in droves and a huge favorite among gamers. Their games get pirated as well, but they acknowledge the fact it would happen regardless drm or not. They proven the approach of honey works better than vinegar.
I have first comp in 1982... remembering c64 and earlier times... In 2004 i have had developer authorisation, login, those were dedicated to my mmorpg game server, during 2 years of activity my server's security system was 100% safe. Finally i have closed, because not enough time to care enough. I have made a contest, man who will broke my security system will be prized alltime premium account. So, i wrote this, to show, there are ways to be really protected. My hosting provider coopied security system, and sold to army...

Last edited:

Vegeta Sama

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2017
This will be discussed among staff.
That's quite simple: private VPN too, always coming from The Circle Crew.
We got 4 VPNs (that we share under subscriptions fee), and I could show you ,Thrownaway13 how turning off the primary node on the main server automagically all connections will switch to transparent... but this will give me issues with all the people using our service. If it's strictly necessary, I can go on without any problem after our users will give me the permission to do that.

So, i wrote this, to show, there are ways to be really protected. My hosting provider coopied security system, and sold to army...
Were they entitled to do that?

Last edited:

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
IPs were shared across multiple dynamic residential IPs, as well as residential mobile/cellular IPs.

It's not a VPN, unless you're claiming you're operating a VPN from home with a dynamic IP address, which also has another ISP's IPs in the same pool, in which case, I don't believe you.

Vegeta Sama

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2017
IPs were shared across multiple dynamic residential IPs, as well as residential mobile/cellular IPs.

It's not a VPN, unless you're claiming you're operating a VPN from home with a dynamic IP address, which also has another ISP's IPs in the same pool, in which case, I don't believe you.
As I told before I can give you a proof turning down the main node.
We're using private Linux servers with dynamic iPs attacked to DuckDns (with cron) to mantain a static address to them.
Shall I really explain how our private systems work?

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
As I told before I can give you a proof turning down the main node.
We're using private Linux servers with dynamic iPs attacked to DuckDns (with cron) to mantain a static address to them.
Shall I really explain how our private systems work?
Yes, because I still don't believe you.

What is your reasoning behind setting up a VPN behind a residential connection with dynamic IPs from 2 separate residential ISPs.

Reactions: SamHaim

zielony2

Dec 16, 2017
That's quite simple: private VPN too, always coming from The Circle Crew.
We got 4 VPNs (that we share under subscriptions fee), and I could show you ,Thrownaway13 how turning off the primary node on the main server automagically all connections will switch to transparent... but this will give me issues with all the people using our service. If it's strictly necessary, I can go on without any problem after our users will give me the permission to do that.

Were they entitled to do that?
I only know about Polish army, similar system was used by tmobile (but not the same)

Vegeta Sama

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2017
Yes, because I still don't believe you.

What is your reasoning behind setting up a VPN behind a residential connection with dynamic IPs from 2 separate residential ISPs.
Now you should be able to see my transparent IP.
I can switch to the third ISP too if you want.
Because dynamic IPs are better than static ones, we can keep the static address to reach through the alignment done with DuckDNS.
Plus the cost, a residential connection cost is 70% lower than a business one.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Now you should be able to see my transparent IP.
I can switch to the third ISP too if you want.
Because dynamic IPs are better than static ones, we can keep the static address to reach through the alignment done with DuckDNS.
Plus the cost, a residential connection cost is 70% lower than a business one.
And why are you all sharing this 1 VPN with 2/3 separate uplinks?

Vegeta Sama

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2017
Originally this thing has born to keep the server we used in crew free from attacks keeping it under random dynamic address repeatly, and this reduced dramatically the number of bot attacks.
After that time, I was in the needing of VPS for some web development (a classic XAMP), but putting a physical server that I could physically access for upgrade and backups was less expensive than renting one with the same power in some random part of the world. Then after that we put the DRM server under the same system. Then after browsing around with free vpns was hugely slow compared to this system, so the light bulb turned on and I decided to raise up the first vpn server. After they went 4 (because other crew members wanted a vpn too). So no, that's not 1 VPN with 3 separate uplinks, but 4 physical different lines placed in 4 different places as you can surely see from logs, I left the other node up for other users :)

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Originally this thing has born to keep the server we used in crew free from attacks keeping it under random dynamic address repeatly, and this reduced dramatically the number of bot attacks.
After that time, I was in the needing of VPS for some web development (a classic XAMP), but putting a physical server that I could physically access for upgrade and backups was less expensive than renting one with the same power in some random part of the world. Then after that we put the DRM server under the same system. Then after browsing around with free vpns was hugely slow compared to this system, so the light bulb turned on and I decided to raise up the first vpn server. After they went 4 (because other crew members wanted a vpn too). So no, that's not 1 VPN with 3 separate uplinks, but 4 physical different lines placed in 4 different places as you can surely see from logs, I left the other node up for other users :)
So, you're leasing 4 residential lines (which seem to be ADSL and cellular), in different parts of the country, for tunnels to a local server, to share between multiple members of a crew, because this was a cheaper and easier option than just getting nordvpn for $3 per month? Or a VPS for $2-5 /month? Or a dedi for $15-50 /month?

None of the ISPs you've utilised appear to sell VPNs/tunnels, servers or anything similar. So, are these residential uplinks in different locations provided by members of the "crew"? Or do you just have random properties across the country that you can tunnel to?

Vegeta Sama

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2017
Uplinks provided by crew members. About nordvpn, why pay if these private servers are free and can be used for almost everything?

$15-50? Of which power? Can you tell me how much will it cost having something like that? Plus VirtualBox on h24. Based on 4TB RAID-5 hard drives pool attached (both of them)? $50 per month?

Of course they're not only used as vpn server, but for other things too.

Cycocidal

Jan 22, 2018
$15-50? Of which power? Can you tell me how much will it cost having something like that? Plus VirtualBox on h24. Based on 4TB RAID-5 hard drives pool attached (both of them)? $50 per month?
How many 4TB drives are running? That's kind of a factor in this.

dave420

Jan 24, 2019
cheats dont work idk did all like instructed but idk what to put in the code field either nothing or 1850 nothing works stuck at waiting for response

Cycocidal

Jan 22, 2018
cheats dont work idk did all like instructed but idk what to put in the code field either nothing or 1850 nothing works stuck at waiting for response
Read up a bit... That's been disabled by the Dev working with Vegeta Sama above. In fact, reading the dev's patreon, it seems anybody who at one point used, or tried to use, have been banned from playing the game even through legit means now.

Vegeta Sama

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2017
How many 4TB drives are running? That's kind of a factor in this.
Physically they're 4.
Digitally they're 1.
It will always report 2tb of space, but the fs is more resilient and strong to avoid failures \ data damages.

And... nope, I don't work WITH the game's developer.
He\she's just using my drm system. lol

Cycocidal

Jan 22, 2018
Physically they're 4.
Digitally they're 1.
It will always report 2tb of space, but the fs is more resilient and strong to avoid failures \ data damages.

And... nope, I don't work WITH the game's developer.
He\she's just using my drm system. lol
Sorry, what I meant by "worked with" was you provided the IP's and means of performing his update(upgrade?) to do what he did.

Also, I'm a bit puzzled as to why a RAID5 with four drives... it's unreliable and clunky. Why not just RAID1+0 which is essentially the same, but with higher performance and more parity and recovery options?

Reactions: Meh1969

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Uplinks provided by crew members.
If these uplinks are provided by crew members, then whats the point of using the connections as a VPN if they're just tunneling back to their own connections?

About nordvpn, why pay if these private servers are free and can be used for almost everything?
Because ADSL and cellular connections are trash?

I thought you said Linux? And:

Of course they're not only used as vpn server, but for other things too.
I'm sure you're aware you could get a 200Mbps-1Gbps burst VPS for $5 /m and use it as a tunnel for your local servers.

1.80 star(s) 39 Votes