• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
1.80 star(s) 39 Votes

fivesteaks

Sep 22, 2016
Well depends.
Development will just go on as they somehow STILL have over 600 patrons, but based on the quality that we did see so far it'll probably never lead anywhere for a few years. Other than that unless if someone takes the time to crack this DRM each time it's updated there's not much point to having half of the game accessible not to mention getting people banned from later legitimate versions if they were serious about that.
At least that's how I see it. :unsure:
I mean, if it's cracked there's no way for them to ban.

If they ever manage to puke up a decent content update, I'll probably take a swing at cracking it just out of spite.

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
I mean, if it's cracked there's no way for them to ban.

If they ever manage to puke up a decent content update, I'll probably take a swing at cracking it just out of spite.
Yes obviously, but I meant that if someone wants to play it without a crack because "there's enough there". :)

Good to hear. Hope you won't have to put too much effort into it. I'm kinda not sure anymore if it's even worth it at this point. :unsure:

Reactions: fivesteaks

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Loved reading the drama, the world we live in with some dev's and publishers where shit gets so far up their ass it actually goes up their head to actually have a mouth on them on a "sharing" site no less, baffles me that these idiots never learn.
Anyways I think I tried this game a long long time ago, but isn't this just a pure rip off and using Big Brother assets to make a game based on that in their own vision ?

Does not sound super original to me, I checked out some of their other games and they don't even seem that interesting for me to even bother with em, they not even on a quarter of the level ( being generous here ) of Mr.Dots or Ptolemy or Void Star or BrainDrop their level just to name a few of them, Hell even guys who started out and have been humble as fuck and slow because of reasons have better skills and more respect then them for example, Orb and Oceanlab and I don't see them crying and going ape shit about what happens to their game if is being shared.

Only other person which has a crew of shitty personality that I know of is the group behind Alyansa's Chronicles and even THEN I would have to say that their product is much more superior to what ever this shit is.

Wake me up when they have something Original going and are focusing on making a game rather then how they can DRM their excuse of a "game" they currently so adamant about.

but just out of pure curiosity how much content has there even been added to the game, STORY and gameplay wise compared to 0.3 to now ? ( I am pretty sure what I played was a version lower the 0.3 it has been soooo long ) like if you were to download say 0.3 and play it to current content how many seconds/minutes/hours before you reach the end of current update ?

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
how can I put de cheats code? it's demand a sing in from patreon and I don't have it
You can't do anything. It's a new DRM and if unless you blocked the games access to the internet they already logged your IP and are going to block you from ever ever playing it properly.

Basically go here https://f95zone.to/threads/ways-of-life-v0-5-8a-ralx-games-productions.11530/page-124#post-2955924
This drama went down with the dev and so far the only way to play this is if someone takes the time to actually crack it, but who knows if that'll work for later versions as well.

zero942

Feb 14, 2018
You can't do anything. It's a new DRM and if unless you blocked the games access to the internet they already logged your IP and are going to block you from ever ever playing it properly.

Basically go here https://f95zone.to/threads/ways-of-life-v0-5-8a-ralx-games-productions.11530/page-124#post-2955924
This drama went down with the dev and so far the only way to play this is if someone takes the time to actually crack it, but who knows if that'll work for later versions as well.
and how can I recover moira's necklace? the game demand a code from patreon

Reactions: Bbcity

Altarin

May 21, 2017
VPN for the win.
also i am not gonna even touch this game until its cracked.

First I dont want this game to send some unknown data somewhere.

Second even if it really was only to find out who is patron and who isnt, fact that you had to put it there means your game is too far sub par. If game would be really good people would gladly pay you for your work. So this only means that even you know your game is so bad people wouldnt pay you otherwise.

Third this is supposed to be ero game. You dont play ero game to grind your progress though. You know what you play it for. Unless you give people option to skip boring parts so taht they can enjoy the ero content, they will be bored and wont play your game.

zero942

Feb 14, 2018
I... I just said it. You can't. It's a DRM. The game is over for you at that point until someone cracks the game.
MAYBE the next version will unlock more content, but for now this is the end of that storyline.
-.- this game is over for me, I'm not going to wait for they unlock other part of the game

Reactions: JagHond

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
Second even if it really was only to find out who is patron and who isnt, fact that you had to put it there means your game is too far sub par. If game would be really good people would gladly pay you for your work. So this only means that even you know your game is so bad people wouldnt pay you otherwise.
Well suprisingly their Patreon still has 700 patrons so it's not really that no one wants to pay them or that they are staring or anything. At first it's more about the mindset that "If you're not paying me then you are a dirty thief taking my money!", but then IF we can believe the claim that they got 17K "unlicensed" request it's kind of understandable that they became more annoyed by the fact that so many people are "not supporting" them, but are still playing their game.

Reactions: Bakachiki

Cycocidal

Jan 22, 2018
Well suprisingly their Patreon still has 700 patrons so it's not really that no one wants to pay them or that they are staring or anything. At first it's more about the mindset that "If you're not paying me then you are a dirty thief taking my money!", but then IF we can believe the claim that they got 17K "unlicensed" request it's kind of understandable that they became more annoyed by the fact that so many people are "not supporting" them, but are still playing their game.
Absolutely agree. It's well within their rights to be annoyed by such a large number playing their game without supporting them. The bigger problem is their methods. I was paying, initially because I was interested. Then I found scenes were blocked behind an even higher paywall. So essentially it's "Hey, pay X amount for the story, pay Y amount for additional content" Which is essentially... paying for a beta of a game, then paying more for dlc, of that beta. Then when people got annoyed and found a way around the DRM, the creator went nuts and started posting everyones IP's, and then banned the listed IP's, so that even if we decided the game was even worth paying for, we can't.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I get that he has 700 patreons but here is the thing, the amount of patreons he has does not matter it is about quality over quantity, for all we know he could have 600 1$ tier peeps and a few handful higher so he is still not making that much money
So we could say he makes at most around 1k or bit above or maybe less still.
the fact he got "17k" ( debatable ) hits means he is wasting more money and time on a DRM and not enough on the actual game, which in turn leads to a lesser quality of a game with barely any to no real improvements.
This is not the fault of him not earning enough money or people pirating his game this is in fact the problem of him focusing on the wrong things but of course with someone like him ego is up his ass so this is in his head completely wrong and untrue as he can in now way be at fault, even if presented with proof from the likes of, Mr dots, Orb,Palmer, Daniel K,Brain Drop and etc who focus on their god damn game and content and have grown because of the fact that their game is getting traction and traffic because of sharing sites like this one.
They seem to fail to understand that it is not possible for everyone to go out of their way and to subscribe 20 - 30 for early instant release from 20 - 30 different creators in a go, nope they fail to see this. I know for a fact there are plenty of people who rotate their subscriptions every few months, again most of these people it is not like they lack the funds if they do a good job, only those insecure and or know for a fact they have a super inferior product (or plan to give out shit that is sub par at best)
would stoop to because other wise they know they wont be able to make it here, so they go look for what they can do to maximize profit by blocking and getting people to subscribe through curiosity to see if they find their trash worth it only to find out they wasted to their money and to unsub again, this is why they want the DRM and this is what they are hoping for, however they fail to realize that sharing websites like these also give and spread the news that they have and are doing shady stuff. Which in turn will end up biting them sooner or later. If what someone else said before here and said that they share similar IP with Kravenar and have the same attitude.... ask yourself this question.... why did they need to rebrand/change name ?

also another thing comes to mind, that the patreon numbers could also be boosted, they have a community sharing the servers and have same ip, what is to say that they don't have a group and are subbed to each other, after all when a creator has an x amount of patreons he/she must be making something good right ?
pure speculation but think about it. plenty of things to be said and not to worry about.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
In my experience it's only the bad devs who bother to make playing their games so hard.

He shouldn't be getting angry that 17k people played the game without supporting, he should wonder WHY 17k people tried his shitty game and chose NOT to support him.

The engine sucks, the whole control scheme is tedious and clunky, the writing not only suffers from translation issues it's also just not good at all.

A good game won't really be hurt by being posted here, not even soon after release, on the contrary it will gain recognition and in the end more supporters, not less.

Just think about it, who would choose to support after playing a free version of THIS?
I tried this a few times over the years and always gave up,. because it was so frustratingly bad and boring.
In the end the whole DRM bullshit will probably only lead to them missing out on those few who might have tried the game here and chose to support... Even though I wouldn't know why anybody would do that.

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Vegeta Sama has been banned alongside RALX for leaking IPs. Combined with their shared IPs, our logs show RALX logging out and Vegeta Sama logging in seconds later. However, regardless of if they're alts or not, at the very least they have admitted to being members of the same group, and we have a zero tolerance for the leaking of personal information or IPs.
You might think about the Kravenar Games account here as well then. From what I understand this is the "circle" Vegeta Sama was going on about, or rather the user here is the founder/leader of the group, not to mention that RALX and Kravenar Games have an almost identical manner of posting on the boards here.

Reactions: groq
1.80 star(s) 39 Votes