1.80 star(s) 39 Votes

Vegeta Sama

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2017
Sorry, what I meant by "worked with" was you provided the IP's and means of performing his update(upgrade?) to do what he did.
Np lol
Yeah that server upgrade is causing troubles because it was totally flooded by unwanted connections so that caused a partial data lost and required a disaster recovery.

Also, I'm a bit puzzled as to why a RAID5 with four drives... it's unreliable and clunky. Why not just RAID1+0 which is essentially the same, but with higher performance and more parity and recovery options?
Because when you manage tons of datas RAID5 is safer. We experienced a data loss with two WD-GREEN drives in RAID1+0, so we switched to WD-RED RAID5 system and on the contrary of the previous experience it's working like a charm. :)

If these uplinks are provided by crew members, then whats the point of using the connections as a VPN if they're just tunneling back to their own connections?
Maybe because the connection tunneled is not the primary one..

Because ADSL and cellular connections are trash?
Not ADSL but fiber, and no, they're totally not 'trash'..

I thought you said Linux? And:
Linux, under VM. (Virtualbox)

....OVH I worked with them years ago. lol

I'm sure you're aware you could get a 200Mbps-1Gbps burst VPS for $5 /m and use it as a tunnel for your local servers.
Or, we can get for free 200MBps fiber line without spending a penny when crew members will share their private workstations.
The union of the team makes the power.

I don't know what's your country mate, but there's another thing too. Here, when managing sensitive data is strictly forbidden by law getting a server outiside of this country. And of course that server runs more than one app. So far, I spare time in a scheduled cloning process of a machine creating an image of it and sent to an attached NAS and restore it in a night if the server dies, than calling some support center in a remote part of the world and wait for "technical super expert paid help" that takes up to 72hours. Open the ticket, wait for someone will make the miracle to answer... Already been on this, never again in my life. When something is yours, timings, maintenance, etc. are up to you and you only.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Because when you manage tons of datas RAID5 is safer. We experienced a data loss with two WD-GREEN drives in RAID1+0, so we switched to WD-RED RAID5 system and on the contrary of the previous experience it's working like a charm. :)
RAID 5 can only recover from a single disk failure. RAID 10 is not only safer but much faster.
Maybe because the connection tunneled is not the primary one..
What?
Not ADSL but fiber, and no, they're totally not 'trash'..
The IP whois says ADSL and cellular.
Linux, under VM. (Virtualbox)
Why on earth would you use windows as the host OS for linux VMs on a production machine?
Or, we can get for free 200MBps fiber line without spending a penny when crew members will share their private workstations.
The union of the team makes the power.
P2P VPNs don't work if you want privacy or security, which you mentioned was one of your primary intentions.
Here, when managing sensitive data is strictly forbidden by law getting a server outiside of this country.
But leaking IPs is fine? GDPR much?

I think we've entertained this long enough, your explanation doesn't make any sense.

Vegeta Sama has been banned alongside RALX for leaking IPs. Combined with their shared IPs, our logs show RALX logging out and Vegeta Sama logging in seconds later. However, regardless of if they're alts or not, at the very least they have admitted to being members of the same group, and we have a zero tolerance for the leaking of personal information or IPs.

Macari

Nov 14, 2016
I guess ways of Life is dead on here lol, unless another member uploads it.

Good Job Sam, grea eyes and great catch on the GDPR breach.

Cycocidal

Jan 22, 2018
I guess ways of Life is dead on here lol, unless another member uploads it.

Good Job Sam, grea eyes and great catch on the GDPR breach.
There is no point in uploading anymore, with the DRM paywall, and a fix for the crack the only way to get the game is through patreon now.

fivesteaks

Sep 22, 2016
There is no point in uploading anymore, with the DRM paywall, and a fix for the crack the only way to get the game is through patreon now.
It's funny, I had just deleted my copy of 0.5.8a (because let's be honest, this game is a waste of space) before looking at these replies... now I kinda wish I hadn't. This "we 'fixed' the crack and are publishing IPs because REEEE PAY US MONEY" really rubs me the wrong way. I'm pretty sure I could post up a fully-unlocked version here in short order that didn't do any of the phone home crap at all (considering these devs appear to be rank amateurs at best).

At this point the devs have outed themselves and confirmed what we all suspected them to be so I'm content to let sleeping dogs lie. There are so many better games to play that aren't written by self-entitled douchebags, why bother with this one any longer?

Last edited:
Reactions: botc76

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Even if had been sitting on the fence in regard of pledge to this game. I wouldn't after this knowing how their drm works. Anything "phone home" is dubious imho. Of those 17k or what it was that had been "phoning home" on a pirated version, I guess very few of these have a remotely chance to become pledges after this mess.

Heck, with the latest revelation of Avast/AVG been registering clicks and selling the user data. Hard to trust anything these days...

Qoo-Rilla

Jun 14, 2018
WTF? "you should go to the school and look for Ostara" But should there be a patron to get the job done? So what the fuck! If this is the end of the "free" version, then it is badly done. The style of how some functions are done only for the patrons in this game is extremely sucks. The use of this game engine is annoying and above all this way of making patrons content so no no no.

andupreda

Nov 27, 2018
This is the worst game ever ... nothing happened in 3 years ... more security updates / against crackers than actually content :)))) Lame ... im sure if u support this game this is what you want to receive from developer :)))

DjKillerDev

Jul 19, 2018
Update: ZIP file for patreon unlock available here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/ways-of-life-v0-5-6-ralx-games-productions.11530/post-2676301

To enable cheats (as of 0.5.5r):
  1. Open data/SCRIPTS.js in a text editor.
  2. Change line 44975 to read GameManager.variableStore.numbers[input] = 1850; (this is inside the getPatronPledgedStatus function).
  3. Save SCRIPTS.js
  4. Open the game and start/load.
  5. Open the Other > Cheats option and click through.
  6. Select 'One Factor' when prompted and then close the browser.
  7. Click inside the game window until the "Waiting for response" message changes. It should say "You have pledged: 1850".
  8. Enjoy.
This should also work to unlock the paywall'd content, but I haven't tested that yet.
After Following your Method.. Here I'm
What To Do Here ?

DjKillerDev

Jul 19, 2018
Now you delete it and forget this game existed. If you read back a page or two you will find the dev patched it to no longer work. Oh yeah, he also has your IP now, and has blocked you from the game. And he has your IP thanks to the DRM.
Lol I'm Not That Much Fool
10 Years Experience Computer User
I Can Fuck Dev And His Family Without Incest Patch... :ROFLMAO:
Dev Is Not That Much Smart As You Think
He Is An Asshhole...

Reactions: jackkane

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
I come back to ask if the game is over?
Well depends.
Development will just go on as they somehow STILL have over 600 patrons, but based on the quality that we did see so far it'll probably never lead anywhere for a few years. Other than that unless if someone takes the time to crack this DRM each time it's updated there's not much point to having half of the game accessible not to mention getting people banned from later legitimate versions if they were serious about that.
At least that's how I see it. :unsure:

1.80 star(s) 39 Votes