1.80 star(s) 39 Votes

jake91

Oct 8, 2017
so is this game actually good? can i get an objective opinion from someone not shitting on the developer like i get it but i dont care, is the game good or nah?

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
Yes known bug; use the equipment in the other room. Always save before doing anything in at gym. one of the buggiest places in game.
The lag, is the game trying to call home, if you let it; no lag, if you block it; lag.

There used to be nifty little software (forget the name of it) that let you sink network traffic into it. wasn't a firewall per se, just select an application when it ran all network from the selected application just went away.

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
Now that is a loaded question, which is the latest version?
Pateron dev page states:

Dec 31, 2022 at 4:30 AM
Ways of Life - Stable Port-Release v49a Fixed - For All Patrons

but if you do some digging a little oogly google.

LZ has it listed as unknown crack status:
Ways of Life [Ongoing] - Version: 0.88

VM has it listed as claims a crack to download:
Ways of Life [v0.88] [RALX Games Productions]

So I leave it up to you to decide.

so is this game actually good? can i get an objective opinion from someone not shitting on the developer like i get it but i dont care, is the game good or nah?
It is a niche (subjective term) take on the bad bobby (do bad things for good feels), big brother (save the your females from a bad man) combo with a little mysticism (sex magic) thrown in; become a god of all or king (in this game) through sex; whats not to like.

Save often...
Grindy but not too bad if you get a rhythm of training going at set or staggered (may conflict with certain events) hours through out the day.

Save often before the gym. The gym breaks the game sometimes when you exercise.
1. (Avoid) room 1 exercise equipment soft faults the game 30-80% randomly of the time.
2. (use) room 2 exercise equipment soft faults the game 25-40% of the time.

Set up for options (story, meaning, reasons) before events (user active choices) are obtuse and I dare say confusing to follow early on, but gets easier as you come to understand the writing logic of the story.
Save often when you wake up encase you fudge an event that day.

Definitely would only play on a no networked virtual or reversed firewalled machine, crack or no crack since it seems to be network aware at run time.

ReckLouse47

Feb 17, 2018
Ok, I looked through the SCRIPTS .js and there is nothing there resembling the cheat codes anymore. Can someone with more coding knowledge than this dunce take a look please.

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
As of v60+ something there are increasing number of encrypted lines of code the makes calls to external many other *.js files who they themselves are encrypted.
One of those being, cheats; another being, the way to make you pateron supporter i.e paywall circumvention.

Without brute forcing them to access, throwing time and processing power at them.
There is no functioning work around at the moment.
If this project was done in renpy it would have been modded and crack to the moon and back by now.

So the below is no longer a viable functioning crack. May work up too v61. but that is it.

fivesteaks said:
Update: ZIP file for patreon unlock available here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/ways-of-life-v0-5-6-ralx-games-productions.11530/post-2676301

To enable cheats (as of 0.5.5r):
  1. Open data/SCRIPTS.js in a text editor.
  2. Change line 44975 to read GameManager.variableStore.numbers[input] = 1850; (this is inside the getPatronPledgedStatus function).
  3. Save SCRIPTS.js
  4. Open the game and start/load.
  5. Open the Other > Cheats option and click through.
  6. Select 'One Factor' when prompted and then close the browser.
  7. Click inside the game window until the "Waiting for response" message changes. It should say "You have pledged: 1850".
  8. Enjoy.
This should also work to unlock the paywall'd content, but I haven't tested that yet.

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019

HERE ?
Any version after .85 doesn't even have that folder.

Root_dir:\WaysoflifeVERSION_OSTYPE\data

This is why I stated it is no longer a viable functioning crack.

You can still use that crack it resets the version number and breaks a lot triggers if you attempt to do any events (story or anything else not in version .63) but you can use as a way just to make money and save that load it a new version.

Last edited:
Reactions: lerolerdo

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
You find work at the various stores around town, once you get the story to certain point a little while after you give the amulet to aunt.
And every store after that is more story completion.
And you have to raise the love level of the shop owners. gym lady is the easiest.
or you could make money by doing the save (saving on only wins) reload (reloading on only losses) gamble thing.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
so the non cracked game is safe or not ?
As long as you block it through your firewall.
I would not trust this game unless I was off line when I try it, but then again I will never try it.

1.80 star(s) 39 Votes