RPGM Welcome to Nicest [v0.4a2] [Naughty Underworld]

4.20 star(s) 18 Votes

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
damn, sucks to hear about the developer because I just finished playing this and it definitely caught my attention. just because u say you're doing this for "fun" doesn't mean you can take people's money and do little work

the reason people are being salty is that what they played caught their attention and they were looking forward to more. only to feel cheated and lied to. no matter what that feeling sucks and people are going to get angry for it. some people simply deal with it better then others
From experience, the people being salty are 99% of the time those who have put no support towards the project. I've been very up front with how this project is going to function, . So anyone who is supporting knows the scoop.

Can we also stop pretending I'm raking in thousands and doing nothing please? It's very disingenuous. All support is going towards artwork and artwork alone, and while I personally may not be working on it as much as I would like (at the moment), the art is still in full swing. This is the reason why there is only a $1 tier on the patreon.

If people are feeling cheated or lied to, then at this point that is on them, not on me. I have been EXTREMELY up front about plans and intentions.

Pharaoh is salty? Lol the dev is salty he banned Pharaoh for criticizing the game if he can't take criticism then he is in the wrong career. He can try to ban me from his discord all he wants I'm not in it. Maybe next time get the whole story before shilling for the dev who is a giant man child who throws a fit when somebody criticizes his work.
Simply untrue. I didn't want to give him any attention since his childish outburst here, but to clarify: He was banned for calling me an asshole. That's it. I have no problems with people critiquing my work, asking questions or the like. I draw the line at personal insults. No one else would put up with that, why should I?

The dev was being an asshole way before Pharaoh's complaints. If he can't handle questions from his player base then he shouldn't have announced the game even more so since it's a pet project.
I was? First I've heard of this. Should be easy to dig up some receipts for your claim though, right?

And if he's tired of telling people maybe put this important info in the description or title instead of yelling at new people to the thread asking questions.
There is literally a section called "Developer Notes" where it links to the latest info. Keep in mind I didn't make this thread originally, so have had no control over how exposed the project has become.

(though i will say that a large amount of time has passed so concerns at this point in time are warranted)
I do not believe they are warranted if people read the where I explain I will only be releasing 3 builds. A proper demo, a pre-release build and the final release build. My aim is to drop this as a completed game that will go on sale on steam / itch. It is simply not feasible to have completed the full demo by now. Hopefully it will be out some time in the later part of next year.

snes4life

Oct 12, 2018
From experience, the people being salty are 99% of the time those who have put no support towards the project. I've been very up front with how this project is going to function, . So anyone who is supporting knows the scoop.

Can we also stop pretending I'm raking in thousands and doing nothing please? It's very disingenuous. All support is going towards artwork and artwork alone, and while I personally may not be working on it as much as I would like (at the moment), the art is still in full swing. This is the reason why there is only a $1 tier on the patreon.
Thanks for letting me know. Just knowing that it is being done somewhat is good enough for me. One thing I've learned from waiting awhile for an update, is that a post reminding people that it's still being worked on every once in awhile even if there's not much to report will do wonders

And whatever it's worth, a bunch of people who don't give money (myself included) simply can't spare any (seriously what Littles left is for emergencies so all I can do is hope this doesn't get abandoned). But yeah people can be brain aneurysm inducing frustrating when online. Hell it's because of that I never mentioned pharaoh being banned since it was a good bet they acted like a childish asshole and called it constructive criticism.

All I ask is that u stick with it and give us a more playable update "soon, may be sort of". Seriously, I don't like NTR and yet I was interested by the NTR route. U got something good here, please fight through the stress of impossible to please trolls

Last edited:

nandaja

Mar 24, 2021
The fascist deletes my rebuttal, now I'm being silenced. So cringe lol. Delete your comments while you're at it...
same here, and i don't understand why. I didn't even critisize the game in my comment, if anything i only said that we should respect the dev and cut im some slack, that he already explained that was a side project so we can't be expecting things from him. Why would you delete this ? lol i don't get it..

• Haha
Reactions: Ph4r40h

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
same here, and i don't understand why. I didn't even critisize the game in my comment, if anything i only said that we should respect the dev and cut im some slack, that he already explained that was a side project so we can't be expecting things from him. Why would you delete this ? lol i don't get it..
I have no control over comments in the threads. One of the mods must have deleted / changed any comments due to spam I imagine.

• Haha
Reactions: gilgamesh9

borovnica

Dec 18, 2021
I understand the idea and I think its good but how long (in terms of story) will this be when it comes out for helen. Will the vn be fully detailed up to the end of her content or is it just mainly to show of the theme of the game? This demo thing gaves a good idea how it will look when it comes to gameplay. Im curious.

asd123qwe123

Nov 17, 2019
Been thinking about this for a while (long before the shitstorm started here again). Please give me your thoughts
Good to hear from you man, and still showing interest in the project. Do you think you could possibly show a bar graph on you patreon on how the project is going? I think the most common question asked on this form is "when is the exact release date of the next update" and of course life happens and delays will happen. But people are constantly asking and this could be a great way to show mini updates on how the project is coming along. If there is something going on like a road block or life happens just stall it and don't update the bar graph to show people there is issues and that it might take time.

I think you can make a very basic graph on excel and just modify that and update it every now and then. I and many others think will agree this is a nice solution to the people constantly asking on the exact date of the update

Hope you consider thanks

Reactions: Ph4r40h

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I understand the idea and I think its good but how long (in terms of story) will this be when it comes out for helen. Will the vn be fully detailed up to the end of her content or is it just mainly to show of the theme of the game? This demo thing gaves a good idea how it will look when it comes to gameplay. Im curious.
The VN idea, which is what I'm pursuing now, will reveal each character's entire storyline from start to end. It's basically how it will be in the final version, just without the inbetween mechanics (walking around, triggering them at specific points). It also won't include additional stuff, like repeated scenes, costumes (& scenes), Side scenes, filming scenes, etc. These will be added to the final version of the game.

Hopefully I'll have something released soon that will better demonstrate what I mean.

Good to hear from you man, and still showing interest in the project. Do you think you could possibly show a bar graph on you patreon on how the project is going? I think the most common question asked on this form is "when is the exact release date of the next update" and of course life happens and delays will happen. But people are constantly asking and this could be a great way to show mini updates on how the project is coming along. If there is something going on like a road block or life happens just stall it and don't update the bar graph to show people there is issues and that it might take time.

I think you can make a very basic graph on excel and just modify that and update it every now and then. I and many others think will agree this is a nice solution to the people constantly asking on the exact date of the update

Hope you consider thanks
I don't think that's a good idea in all honesty. It would only add to people generating expectations. This is better suited to projects that are worked on more consistently. For example 10% might move quicker than 5% just because of the amount of time I have available to work on it, which kind of ruins the idea of in the first place. I would say it would work as an idea for my two main projects which I work on full time, but they have set release days each month, so tracking progress that way is also kinda redundant I guess.

But thank you for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind if things change.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I've just dropped a few posts for Welcome to Nicest:

A quick update and plan on things:

Patrons can now vote for the next character to start getting artwork for:

And a (free) poll for the
:pain:
fans seeing what they think of an idea:

jond2760

Oct 23, 2018
What has the time frame of updates been looking like? The proof of concept came out in June, but has there been much development since then?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dandoru

Imrick

Jun 3, 2017
I've just dropped a few posts for Welcome to Nicest:

A quick update and plan on things:

Patrons can now vote for the next character to start getting artwork for:

And a (free) poll for the
:pain:
fans seeing what they think of an idea:
will the Steam build be a sandbox?

Reaver

May 31, 2017
The Dev is working on it.
The Dev has said " I explain I will only be releasing 3 builds. A proper demo, a pre-release build and the final release build. My aim is to drop this as a completed game that will go on sale on steam / itch. It is simply not feasible to have completed the full demo by now. Hopefully it will be out some time in the later part of next year."

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Just a quick update on things (and teasers):

Long story short: First build will be coming at the 10th of Feb at the very latest. Claire build will follow after in April. Then onto Lucy a few months after that.

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
Just a quick update on things (and teasers):

Long story short: First build will be coming at the 10th of Feb at the very latest. Claire build will follow after in April. Then onto Lucy a few months after that.
What kind of NTR is this gonna be focused on?

Incest NTR?
Or full hardcore NTR?

The difference of course is incest in a way its more digestible than full all in NTR.

But whatever path you decide to go on from there its respectable

4.20 star(s) 18 Votes