VN Others Abandoned Wet Nightmares [v3.4] [erkerut]

3.20 star(s) 19 Votes

Cochin

Sep 12, 2017
Wait there was a rewrite? I thought the game was about a serial killer that gets haunted by a loli ghost that ends up killing him after some 'sexy' times...?

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
Wait there was a rewrite? I thought the game was about a serial killer that gets haunted by a loli ghost that ends up killing him after some 'sexy' times...?
Same story but it's not obvious about the MC and his history from the first couple of chapters.

Reactions: SardanticDecay

mr__person__

Jan 18, 2020
Same story but it's not obvious about the MC and his history from the first couple of chapters.
Damn, so I'm guessing he's still a sadistic asshole? Because that's what everyone hated about the story. The MC is absolutely terrible.

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
Damn, so I'm guessing he's still a sadistic asshole? Because that's what everyone hated about the story. The MC is absolutely terrible.
You'd want your murderers lovable and charming? The new writing curbs the overall language used to describe his machinations and such, he still is what he is, but the text is far more palatable though. It is a horror game, and we are not the first game to have an unlikeable protagonist. It is a style choice the author wants to continue with and while I do my best to make everyone happy with the language used, I am not in the business to ruin a concept and a direction to please a subset.

Maizemallard

Dec 24, 2019
Hmm I thought this game was dead but glad to hear it's just going through re writes Instead Because the premise is pretty cool and the art is really good. I just hope it doesn't take years for a couple minutes of content.

Also I find asshole protagonist's interesting to watch. One of the better a-hole protags Is the Mc from I walk among Zombies and so I'm open minded and interested to see how this MC story goes.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Why is it tagged as abandoned? They are selling it on itch.io and are also active there.
That they're "selling" it and however "socially active" they are could hardly be less relevant. The fact that it hasn't had actual updates for half a year and counting is what matters.

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
That they're "selling" it and however "socially active" they are could hardly be less relevant. The fact that it hasn't had actual updates for half a year and counting is what matters.
Three reasons

1. the staff is part-time, they have full-time work on other projects and work on Wet Nightmares in their spare time.
2. the staff total outside of contractors for localization work is 2. One artist/script writer and one programmer.
3. the game is currently being ported from VNMaker to Renpy. Shit takes time.

I don't mind the criticism for the dev speed, shit happens. But saying it's abandoned when everyone is working hard on it is really unfair. I played a version of it two days ago, and with just a few more adjustments the chapter 1 port on renpy will be done.

So chill out. Stop armchairing my devs, be patient etc.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Three reasons

1. the staff is part-time, they have full-time work on other projects and work on Wet Nightmares in their spare time.
2. the staff total outside of contractors for localization work is 2. One artist/script writer and one programmer.
3. the game is currently being ported from VNMaker to Renpy. Shit takes time.

I don't mind the criticism for the dev speed, shit happens. But saying it's abandoned when everyone is working hard on it is really unfair. I played a version of it two days ago, and with just a few more adjustments the chapter 1 port on renpy will be done.

So chill out. Stop armchairing my devs, be patient etc.
So much fucking woosh. This isn't a question of if it's "fair" to whatever the fuck particular circumstances (or excuses) the devs might have; it's a matter of the criteria this forum uses for the tag. Which near as I know mostly boil down to "no releases in 6+ months = Abandoned".

That's not a bad rule of thumb for end-user judgement either ofc. If they're doing actual work they should regularly demonstrate it in reasonable intervals too, games notionally still in development but factually stalled to as close to abandonment as makes fuck-all difference are dime a dozen.

Nov 4, 2018
An meant continuing work on it. Not sure if just 1 update gets the 'abandoned' tag scraped but this should mean returning to consistent updates. :D

ViktorShahter

Mar 19, 2019
Why this game is marked as abandoned?

Meanwhile update 0.2 with engine overhaul dropped:
Who played how it was?

MathildetheMad

Oct 2, 2022
Well thats really disappointing. I found a few images of this posted around the web and I'd hoped I might run across it one day. Its really sad to see it's ruined by a shitty MC. They're some of my favorite pics too.
I wanted head pats... :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: mr__person__

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
Well thats really disappointing. I found a few images of this posted around the web and I'd hoped I might run across it one day. Its really sad to see it's ruined by a shitty MC. They're some of my favorite pics too.
I wanted head pats... :cry:
The guy murders girls and lives in the woods by himself. Y'all are out here wanting his inner thoughts to be a standard isakai protagonist.

:HideThePain:

• Haha
3.20 star(s) 19 Votes