VN Others Abandoned Wet Nightmares [v3.4] [erkerut]

3.20 star(s) 19 Votes

Ragoz

Jan 19, 2019
There's a lot of good art out there for Samara so I kinda expected there be more for the amount of time that was put into this.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
There's a lot of good art out there for Samara so I kinda expected there be more for the amount of time that was put into this.
What? The dev created the art for this.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
My point being it wasn't included somehow in the 1500 hours it was worked on.
What wasn't included, the other Samara art by erkerut because there isn't much else that wasn't in the game.

Ragoz

Jan 19, 2019
What wasn't included, the other Samara art by erkerut because there isn't much else that wasn't in the game.
There's quite a bit of art that didn't make it that you would expect to be a scene on its own. I get some of this is just promotional etc but I would say a lot wasn't included yet.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
There's quite a bit of art that didn't make it that you would expect to be a scene on its own. I get some of this is just promotional etc but I would say a lot wasn't included yet.

Aside from the art with characters by other artist or not for wet nightmares like alicia, meru and ella, the rest maybe erkerut didn't want to include it in the game for some reason, maybe what is in game now is just how they wanted it, there are plans for a second chapter so it could be that erkerut didn't want to rush things by including to much in the first chapter.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
total kinetic novel..pity..i really wanted to interact..has strange art which i enjoy...oh well..i shall pass on it

baraturs

Jul 24, 2017
Actually wanna back this project now.
But man, the MC is a dick.
And from what i've seen in the window at the start of the game, he's gonna get it.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Started out good, but then he went full on douchebag.

I was expecting more ghost stuff, unless maybe she is and is just playing a role now.

IAmTerror

May 28, 2017
Art? great. Premise? Great. Legit creepy in the first bit, and the little bit of animation for the one major scene was enough to completely hold my attention (still "scenes" tend to get on my nerves). All commendable work.

But this main character needs

to

DIE

a long and agonizing death holy FUCK he's such a goddamn tool

... I could see this being kinda an episodic thing where Samara shows up for different people and the player takes on the role of various characters with different drives and attitudes toward her but this particular dude is a complete dick. And he's written WELL as a complete dick, and she responds to him WELL as a complete dick, but he's still a complete dick. Playing as him doesn't make me feel powerful, it just makes me feel mean.

Which... I guess means hey, the writer did his job. Kudos. Even negative emotions can be useful. The real shame would be not feeling anything at all, which a lot of half-baked v0.1 titles on this site tend to do, and you avoided that pretty marvelously.

But I really REALLY hope there's a palate cleanser on the horizon. I felt like I had to wash my hands and pet my fiancee's dog just to make up for the absolute douchecanoe I just spent 30 minutes in the shoes of.

TL;DR, keeping my eyes on this one, good job doing something different

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
There seem to be a number of interface bugs and "innovations". In the options menu the Volume Control doesn't work. The Back to Title button doesn't work. The arrangement of buttons make it hard to tell which option falls in which category. In the game the Save/Load/Etc button in the corner don't actually tell you what they are for, unless you hover over them. The icons are more or less random in that sense. Then there is a much bigger issue. If you save on the last slot of the last game, then on the next scene change (actual scene change or going into a menu again), the game will be stuck on a black screen. I assume it's actually the same for any save slot that is not on the first page. Definitely not something that should be the case for something that is made in 1500 hours. Or something made in a pre-made engine.

Nightless

Jan 13, 2018
REALLY like the art, but yeah I had a few black screens after transfution to next picture, but I kinda got around that. Story starts good, but I also have to say PLS just kill the MC an get another one. What a fuckwit. I kinda get why he is careful but how can you treat someone with such beautiful eyes that way :)

3.20 star(s) 19 Votes