Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
Anyone got estimated playtime for all the content?
I wouldn bother playing it today. Hopefully in a few days there will be another update dropping, might as well wait for that so it all flows better for you as I think previous bits might be being changed due to feedback.

Definitely play it when that happens, it's a good game

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
It all depends if you are playing with both hands, one hand, or without hands at all :unsure:
Yet, on average, though it is still early release, I'd say a few hours - enough to check all possible routes, and to repeat some of scenes (considering this is an open world game:p)
I dont think the game has any other routes though, it historically hasn't had any alternative routes, if you choose a second option the mc goes "but i cant choose b so its option a instead" like the Holly marriage thing for example.

I actually find that kinda pointless, I wonder what magicnuts was thinking. I'm completely fine with a linear game and in fact prefer it, but the illusion of choice just doesn't make sense. Why add a second choice if the MC is gonna pick the first one by force anyway? What does it add?

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I dont think the game has any other routes though, it historically hasn't had any alternative routes, if you choose a second option the mc goes "but i cant choose b so its option a instead" like the Holly marriage thing for example.

I actually find that kinda pointless, I wonder what magicnuts was thinking. I'm completely fine with a linear game and in fact prefer it, but the illusion of choice just doesn't make sense. Why add a second choice if the MC is gonna pick the first one by force anyway? What does it add?
Considering this is a rpg-style - open world, quests (was referring to quests above, my mistake) - that could be expected, at least at the beginning.
Hopefully a bit later there will be some actual choices/routes to take, as that could make a game more interesting for sure.
Yet, either way, even with kinda linear progression/story, the game is unique and entertaining enough to keep me hooked to it.

Reactions: johndoe19

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
This has been discussed many times before. Here's dev's words on it
Hi there.

I think there's a lot of good things to be said in favor of meaningful choices in visual novels. There are some very good games where choices impact the outcome of the game. But that is not the path we took for several reasons, mainly:

- Choices that matter would have inevitably required additional artworks (at least the way we imagine them). And given that our game is a 2D one, that would not have been a practical approach.

-When you have to choose between several options, there's always a fear of missing out. And that's how it should be, since a wrong choice might lead to an undesirable outcome. But that is not the feeling we wanted to elicit in the players.

We chose this direction before we started working on 0.1, and we're happy with it. We want the player to relax, enjoy the story (preferably with a smile on his/her face), and when there's a choice, pick whichever sounds more fun to him/her.

The only meaningful choice we plan on adding is for the game's ending. We think it could be cool if the game could have multiple endings depending on your choices in the final releases.

About why there should be options at all when they don't affect the storyline? Here's our reasoning:

-they are logical: (e.g., if you're asked whether you want to marry someone, I bet you give it a moment's thought, at least).

-they are a useful tool for breaking up longer scenes that might be monotonous otherwise.

-they allow the players to make a decision that, although not significant to the final outcome of the game, gives a bit of shape to the main character they play (staying with the marriage example above, an MC that decides to marry Holly 'feels' different from one that doesn't want to limit his options).

Anyhow, thank you for your feedback, and we totally understand that this approach is not everyone's cup of tea.
Cheers!

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
This has been discussed many times before. Here's dev's words on it
Eh. None of their reasonings for having choices when they don't affect the storyline hold any water imho. I'd prefer it fully linear.

Though it's not like it's an actual issue either way. I don't really feel strongly about it.

Reactions: johndoe19

Ultralazuli

Jul 8, 2018
Tried this. I'm kinda in the middle on it. The sex scenes and girls all look great and the artwork is pretty fantastic. But I hate playing as a character who just stumbles and fails forward through life, never working to really better themselves, gain knowledge and strength, or take control of their situation in life. Also, the art for pretty much every other character is laughably goofy to the point it kills my boner.

Cierne

Jul 5, 2018
Tried this. I'm kinda in the middle on it. The sex scenes and girls all look great and the artwork is pretty fantastic. But I hate playing as a character who just stumbles and fails forward through life, never working to really better themselves, gain knowledge and strength, or take control of their situation in life. Also, the art for pretty much every other character is laughably goofy to the point it kills my boner.
I mean he does work though?
Heck, one of my favorite moments was when he went out of his way to help this guy get along with his girlfriend, that was really nice and I appreciated that the creators put in some friendship moments into the game like that.

Oregano696

Feb 27, 2018
Did you seriously expected the MC to go through a full character arc during the prologue of the game?

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes