Zelai

May 8, 2019
Did you 'do' Celestina? She's part of Holly's storyline
Yeah , according to the crystal ball i have finished the content on all the girls but Holly's cutscenes remain locked. I have also gone and talk to Holly at all the times of the day i could find her but nothing happened. Its obviously not a big deal , just found it weird.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
I am impressed. This is a game which runs on an engine that is close to ten years old and with an ancient Python backend... and you can't sense it.
Also, it feels MUCH less grindy that other games of the same quality, like SummertimeSaga.

I love the characters. The SS ones I just would like to fuck. These characters, especially the pixie, I almost fall in love with. Great job and I am looking forward to more :)

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
a really good game - amazing graphic
Hmm. The game-play, lack of bugs, well developed hint system, competent interface, superb story plan and over-all game design, are MILES beyond anything but NLT. Art and grapic are... OK. They don't suck, but this game shines on everything else. The animations are quite good, though.

Reactions: magicnuts

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
I thought i had finish all the content but the holly section of the "cutscenes" in the crystal ball still hasn't opened. Any idea what i might be missing?
I can't replicate this issue when playing Holly's quest, so my guess is that the problem has to do with the save files. I changed the after_load label to check and see if you've had the dryhump scene with her, and if yes, it should unlock the cutscenes for you. Let me know if it works.

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
I didn't read this thread between 0.4 being released and my finishing it. So I just skimmed through like ten pages of posts. Sorry if I repeat anything.

I love this game. I've loved it since 0.1. I remember when we first met saying words to the effect of, "It's going to be fun to look back and say, 'I knew them back when...'" You are wonderful artists/writers/developers, and, more importantly, you're wonderful people. 4 episodes in, you just keep getting better and better, earning time and time again the praise of your players and your peers, all while staying grounded and humble. <hugs>

I know how hard you've been working on this, but everyone else should know as well. It shows. There's a ton of content in this episode, and, I believe, it actually manages to improve on the quality that has been so prevalent in the rest of the game. Bravo. Extremely well done.

I'm a big fan of Myrtle in her pink lingerie. Nudity is fine and all, but lingerie is incredibly sexy.

Myrtle's story arc was extremely satisfying. Watching her grow in confidence and independence was heartwarming.

MC's treatment of Myrtle was equally heartwarming. I've seen people complain about him being dumb. I don't see it at all. He's caring and thoughtful and a great guy. I'd take him over an action film star any day.

The "sexual ramp" was really well done. I appreciated how they move from hugs and bum squeezes all the way to anal sex in a logical progression.

The art ... omg Chestnut. The facial expressions are fantastic. Yeah, fine, boobs. Guys play this. But we're humans, and faces are everything. The scene where you go upstairs and Myrtle hadn't slept much. You could see that in her face before she said anything! Even the wolf's expressions were emotive. <bows in awe>

I liked the UI changes. Clicking the time wheel in the upper left corner to advance time is very helpful. And I feel that the hidden pictures were perfect this time. I used the "map" hints to tell me which screen to look in, and found them then. It was the right balance between feeling a sense of achievement and not being frustrated.

The problems were few and far between:
A tiny number of the lines were a bit awkward in English, but were dialog, so didn't really matter. That you can write this much outside of your native language and get it this right is shocking.

There were a few times where something on a character's face switched sides when the character turned. It happened when MC's face was scratched and it happened with a line of cum. This did nothing to hurt my enjoyment of the game. It kind of made me smile and say, "Oh, good, those two are actually human..."

One thing that bugged me a little bit was that you used the image of MC taking off his shirt when he was putting on his shirt. You don't put on a shirt in the reverse of the way you take it off. So, every time I say that, some part of my head said, "Wait, wasn't his shirt just off?" And then in the next frame it was, "And now it's on?" Again, a minor thing. Way better to spend the time doing all the other stuff you did than fixing that.

Storyline wise, it's a bit hasty that Myrtle jumped from being so faithful to her husband to thinking it's okay that MC can sleep with anyone he wants. I know you have to do this, since it's a harem game, but it's a challenge here. (It made total sense with Holly in 0.3, though.) I don't suggest you change anything, more thoughts for future character arcs. When they talked to Rose, she kind of implied that she had relations with MC. Maybe if Myrtle had been taken aback by this and maybe talked with them about it a bit, then had some mental dialog over the course of the rest of the game coming to grips with it. We don't need much. Just show that she's thought it through and worked it out over time.

Fantastic work through and through!
Tlaero
Thank you so much, Tlaero, for the kind words and all the support since 0.1 and the fact that every time you think I might have an issue with the code, you message me and offer to help. I really appreciate it!

I'm happy that you liked the update, and the progression of the story. The UI clock worked much better than we had expected.

About the left/right mix-up, wait until we do Lana's content... Her eye-patch is going to be moving left and right all the time... which can only be avoided if I make sure she's always on the same side of the screen (left in her case). That's not always doable, depending on how many sprites are being posed together. So... there will be more, I'm sure!

I generally agree with what you and others have said about Myrtle's attitude toward the MC's involvement with other women. I think I can still improve it (we'll see), but yeah, we'll need to pay more attention to how we introduce characters' attitudes to features that will be part of the game anyway.

Thanks a lot for this comment and the feedback!

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
Hey dumb question but I can't find the answer using the search tool, possibly because I'm dumb:

How do I start talking to the Orc? I've completed the main storyline so far and I checked the bulletin board at the well. Is she hanging around somewhere?
Hey there. We haven't done Gomira's content yet, so you'll have to wait before you can interact with her again.

Great update!

I have a question about it's content. I mean, I'm not comparing at all with Summertime Saga, but will this game follow the update way that SS updates, which is one character by time, then small contents here and there between characters some kind of envolvement on the main quest?

I'm asking because I loved Myrthe and it kinda makes me sad that her story could have been done while the game is in it's early life. It makes me remember Mia on that game.
I'm sure we'll see more of her. Aside from the scenes that she has left, we like to have our characters interact with one another and have roles in each other's quests (e.g. Rose in 0.4).

Forgive me if anyone said this already, but in English it's (semi) common to use "Beautiful" like this
"Beautiful" and "gorgeous" are the nicknames I hear in English most often. As I said before, I've never heard someone call someone "pretty" as a noun instead of an adjective except for the Wicked Witch of the West
There's nothing to forgive, man. I know. I think the MC has called someone 'beautiful' like that before.

I can't figure how the tree quest work or how it start, any hint ?
Are there scenes with the tree yet or what!
If you're referring to the sexy tree in the forest, she doesn't have new content yet.

Xanado

May 9, 2018
Hello friends, can anyone help me to find the saved files and config files of this game?
Here:
\What-a-Legend-0.4-pc\game\saves
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Inventory02-XxxXXXXXX

magicnuts If you can in the future maybe rename the folder in appdata so save management gets a bit easier? Inventory02 is kind of a generic name. How about?:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\What a legend?

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes