FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
Eh, yeah, didnt really realized that WaL wasnt a VN when I advised you that, sorry.

My logic was quite straightforward lmao: I like WaL, I like Become a Rock Star, lets just propose Become a Rock Star '.'

Genuinely though, it's an ok game. MC face is a bit weird yeah but cgi's are, imo, not fucked up as 90+% of others VN(and even better quality later on), story is okish, many side routes, nice update timing, ...

But I get that the slideshow + choice every 10min might not be the cup of tea of everyone and that's totally understandable.
But hey, if you're bored and really dont find anything else, give it a shot one day :)
Definitely appreciate the suggestion tho. I'm sure there's still lots of games out there I'm not interested in even tho I could end up really loving them. It's crazy to think back how I wasn't interested in Summertime Saga because of the art even tho it's one of the things I loved most about it when I actually started it.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1630120230579.png

Hi everybody.

We're very close to readying the next update, but as you can probably guess from the progress tracker, it is unlikely that we will have an August release. I think it would be a poor decision to release 0.5 without adequate testing, debugging, and polish, since the best way to thank you for your support will be to give you an update that is at least as good as we can make it.

Given that we will have a September release, any of you who are a patron right now and remain with us in September can send me a message on Patreon (or Discord), and I will issue a refund for you so that you don't have to pay for your September access to content.

Why didn't we reach an August release? Mainly because we weren't happy with a series of events halfway through the story. The thing is that different sections of the update often feel good in themselves but need changes when you look at them together with events that proceed them. When Chestnut finished her work, she joined me in testing the content, and we noticed that a few scenes needed to be adjusted to improve the pacing. So that's exactly what I've been doing for the past several days (I am almost done).

Chestnut has completed all of the artworks needed for 0.5, and what's left are smaller edits that were too minor to be counted as a task, but that still need to be worked on (some background elements, cutscene variations). I have not added these to the edit tasks but will do so during the weekend. These should take a relatively short time, and when she's done, she'll get back to testing again and will look for bugs and other elements that need polish.

My plan is to finish the scenes I'm working on and add all of the artworks that are ready to be included. I then have to add the cutscenes to the crystal ball, retest the hints to reflect all of the changes, improve the sound effects, add a convo or two for one of the characters, and fix the known bugs.

It's great to see everything working after all these months of hard work, and the best part is that we do like the overall shape and feel of things in 0.5. I sincerely hope you will like it too once it's out.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
View attachment 1374649

Hi everybody.

We're very close to readying the next update, but as you can probably guess from the progress tracker, it is unlikely that we will have an August release. I think it would be a poor decision to release 0.5 without adequate testing, debugging, and polish, since the best way to thank you for your support will be to give you an update that is at least as good as we can make it.

Given that we will have a September release, any of you who are a patron right now and remain with us in September can send me a message on Patreon (or Discord), and I will issue a refund for you so that you don't have to pay for your September access to content.

Why didn't we reach an August release? Mainly because we weren't happy with a series of events halfway through the story. The thing is that different sections of the update often feel good in themselves but need changes when you look at them together with events that proceed them. When Chestnut finished her work, she joined me in testing the content, and we noticed that a few scenes needed to be adjusted to improve the pacing. So that's exactly what I've been doing for the past several days (I am almost done).

Chestnut has completed all of the artworks needed for 0.5, and what's left are smaller edits that were too minor to be counted as a task, but that still need to be worked on (some background elements, cutscene variations). I have not added these to the edit tasks but will do so during the weekend. These should take a relatively short time, and when she's done, she'll get back to testing again and will look for bugs and other elements that need polish.

My plan is to finish the scenes I'm working on and add all of the artworks that are ready to be included. I then have to add the cutscenes to the crystal ball, retest the hints to reflect all of the changes, improve the sound effects, add a convo or two for one of the characters, and fix the known bugs.

It's great to see everything working after all these months of hard work, and the best part is that we do like the overall shape and feel of things in 0.5. I sincerely hope you will like it too once it's out.

Cheers
Thank you for sharing this post, so next update will be release in September. This post show how responsible Dev are and that he was willing to refund when he didn't met the supporter's expectation, not just that but make sure the next update to be as perfect as possible. What's not to like him and chestnut, they work hard for high quality game

Last edited:

MichouDP

Jul 4, 2019
It seems that Being a Dik is now the best rated game on the site, but I see that the reviews number went from 300/+ to 266, I don't know if they have been deleted on purpose but it sadly had an impact on the note of the game

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
Thank you for sharing this post, so next update will be release in September. This post show how responsible Dev are and that he was willing to refund when he didn't met the supporter's expectation, not just that but make sure the next update to be as perfect as possible. What's not to like him and chestnut, they work hard for high quality game
omfg devs that actually refund their supporters for not giving a good expectations product for better adjustments quality ???

seems miracles do happen in this line of work if that's the damn case :O ! good for them!

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
View attachment 1374649

Hi everybody.

Cheers
Unless i missed it in this update post, do we know which waifu(s) will be the focus of the next update?

Like Myrtle was the focus of v.4

Anyways, eagerly awaiting the next release. You two have made one of the best games on this site both in writing and in art!

Orbukaf

Jun 26, 2020
Lana, iirc? That would explain her in the thumbnail. Dunno why i assumed she was just used as the token "avatar for relaying news". Lol
If I remember correctly, when the devs were working on 0.4, the thing you call "thumbnail" was a picture of Myrtle.
And I think they use it to show who is focus of the update.

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
If I remember correctly, when the devs were working on 0.4, the thing you call "thumbnail" was a picture of Myrtle.
And I think they use it to show who is focus of the update.
Well, that does make complete sense and now i feel silly needing to ask! Lol

FURYY

Dec 2, 2017
Definitely appreciate the suggestion tho. I'm sure there's still lots of games out there I'm not interested in even tho I could end up really loving them. It's crazy to think back how I wasn't interested in Summertime Saga because of the art even tho it's one of the things I loved most about it when I actually started it.
Might give Summertime Saga a shot then! Never actually wanted to download it just because of the art lmao. If you thought the same at start and still liked it, who knows I might like it too.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes