May 26, 2019
That's an invalid comparison.
Primarily due to the fact that the expression is directly in relation to producing products/goods.
Not quite true. I've heard this expression used in relation to services as well.

Plumbers, electricians, and mechanics often use it when people complain about how long their repair services take or how much those services cost.

Bad example, the amount of times I've received things badly packaged and boxes damaged in transit is way more than I've received them intact.
That really sucks man! Personally, I have always gotten my things fairly packaged and completely undamaged. There are people I know who've had the same problems as you but they're very rare and they've always been able to get a refund.

I hope that you are also able to get refunds for damaged items.

Also consider those making it happen behind the scenes that are working in horrible conditions. Are you suggesting the devs work 24/7 just to deliver something to you for free ?
That's a service, not a product. But sure, because you found an online store that doesn't actually make something, developpers have no excuse to pump out complete tripple A games every week for next to no money.
Have no idea where people are getting the notion that game developers should "work 24/7" under "horrible conditions" or "pump out complete triple A games every week for next to no money" from my post.

The point of my post wasn't to compare indie game developers to a large, multinational, multi-billion dollar corporation. Obviously, there is no comparison and that's why my original post doesn't even mention MagicNuts or any other game developer for that matter.

I was just providing a reasonable counter-example to the often stated mantra of "Fast, Good, Cheap: Pick One!"

But I guess I should apologize for not recognizing that hatred for Amazon extends to even the farthest (and horniest) depths of the internet.

I think it best we forget about Amazon. This thread is far better suited for complimenting a game you love than complaining about a mega-corp you love to hate.

Funman619

Dec 12, 2019
I know theres no NTR at the moment but will their be an option for it in the future? Holly's story has been set up almost exactly for optional NTR.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
I was just providing a reasonable counter-example to the often stated mantra of "Fast, Good, Cheap: Pick One!"
The reason why that mantra is often stated is because it's true. Sure, there are exceptions to it, but there's a valid reason that's not applicable to everyone (mainly the initial budget so they can provide it cheap on a large scale). But the reason why you got so much "hate" for it was because the initial post complained it'll never finish with the quality the game has right now, so obviously, anything that tries to counter any reason why the long updates are justified implies they're not valid excuses.

May 26, 2019
The reason why that mantra is often stated is because it's true. Sure, there are exceptions to it, but there's a valid reason that's not applicable to everyone (mainly the initial budget so they can provide it cheap on a large scale).
Yes, we all know the old saying - "The exception proves the rule!"

All I did was point out that Amazon is such an exception.

You know what else is also an exception? Early smartphones. The first smartphones were better than their typical cell-phone counterparts/competitors (good), faster than those competitors (fast), and relatively cheaper (meaning that the cost of the smartphone relative to all the things it could do was much better than the cost of the cell-phone relative to the few things it could do - cheap).

In the end, my comment was only a response to the mantra and not anything else. Which is kind of why I only quoted the mantra and nothing else.

But the reason why you got so much "hate" for it was because the initial post complained it'll never finish with the quality the game has right now, so obviously, anything that tries to counter any reason why the long updates are justified implies they're not valid excuses.
(1) If you read my earlier post more carefully, I never said, nor implied, that I got any hate. I only said that Amazon is hated - which it is.

(2) It's obvious that quality game updates take time, which is why I never complain about update wait-times. Well, except for "Summertime Saga." But that's only because Dark Cookie pulls in so much Patreon money that he could afford to hire a full-on team to help him develop.

(3) My original post was only meant to provide a counter-example to the mantra, to show that the old mantra isn't all-encompassing as many like to believe. Just because you inferred from it that I believe reasons for long wait-times are all non-valid does not mean that I implied it.

(4) Even though I'm a strong believer that players should learn to be patient for updates to their favorite games (especially when the games are provide for free), to be fair to the serial complainers, not every excuse for long updates is a valid one. Most indeed are! But not all!

Last edited:

Viressa

May 24, 2018
The problem is amazon's 2-day delivery is *not* cheap: It's just set up so the end customer isn't the one who (directly) absorbs the cost.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
The problem is amazon's 2-day delivery is *not* cheap: It's just set up so the end customer isn't the one who (directly) absorbs the cost.
Its partially subsidized by USPS, and therefore the users of the mail system absorb these costs through increases in postage. The other carriers, UPS, and FedEx (my least Favorite domestic) do it through negotiations there is also private deliveries, and the drone program which are managed in house.

Reactions: TheGrandMasterCory

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
A GTX 1080 is only 4 years old & has 8GB of DDR5X VRAM.
It also has 320, or 352 GB/s bandwidth, so can transfer a good amount of data, easily.
I said he may have 10+ year old hardware.
A GTX 650 (9 years old) has 1GB VRAM & 80 GB/s bandwidth & cannot transfer anywhere near as much data.
People who have 1GB, or less, are often seen struggling to run games. Mystwood Manor recommends 2GB as a minimum.
The very fact that WaL uses multiple layers is what makes the images & animations heavier, which presumably would make older cards struggle.
You can see that the captured image has only displayed some of the necessary layers, which makes it seem like it could be an old card that cannot keep up.

I did not experience any graphical bug. So it's obviously not a universal thing. The thread would have far more than just a few people commenting about it, if it was.
At the moment, we have no idea what spec the guy who had the problem is running. So have no idea if his problem is the same cause as anyone else who experiences one that is not necessarily hardware related, such as yourself.

What I'm saying, is that until we have more details, than just a screenshot, we can't rule it out from being an old card creaking at the seams.
If 1,000 people use a product and 10 people have a problem, those problems are often individual & unique & found at the user's end.
So it makes sense to ascertain facts, before passing judgement, as I advised in my first post.
probably some corrupt files. Could be handled by defragging their hard drives, updating their graphics cards, and their Operating system, then look at saving the save files and reloading the game replacing the old game when loaded over it then put the saves back in place.

As far as obsolete Graphic cards. I was using R9 270 cards and come to find it would still outperform many currently available graphic cards because the good stuff prices have skyrocketed. The problem is, even if you put on new silver paste on the main chips, and you have high end piping heat removal, it gets old and tired. A user can shop by looking at benchmarks of the desirables before purchasing, but its a big part of a budget these days with higher costs and lower incoming revenues.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1635566774191.png

Hi everybody.
Here's a summary of what we did last week:
Chestnut
As promised, Chestnut worked on bag items (see the videos and ) and then spent the rest of the week working on sprites and sprite expressions. One of the sprites that she finished belongs to a still-unnamed male character, the WIP version of which we shared in a .
Pistachio
Even though I said it would be unlikely for me to finish the base writing by today in the last report, I secretly hoped I would be able to do it (probably feeling overly confident after completing all of the coding tasks for the structure of the update). But as it turns out, writing the first draft takes longer than I remembered, and I managed to finish roughly a third of the exchanges between characters. Additionally, I fixed several issues that I had noticed earlier with the code in scenes that needed to be debugged before the writing could continue.
Next week's plan
Chestnut will continue to work on sprites, designing a new character, and creating new hands and facial features for the existing ones. Even though Rose has already played an important role in both the Main Story and Myrtle's side-quest, she's missing some basic facial expressions since she's one of the first characters Chestnut created, and so adding more eyes and hands will be necessary.
Unless I notice a bug that needs to be fixed immediately, I will focus entirely on doing more writing tasks. We have already noticed that we need two extra dialogues to improve the pacing of the introduction to the events of the update, and if I have the time, I will also work on those changes.
Upcoming polls
We will run two polls in November:
  • The first one will be to decide the name of the sprite Chestnut drew last week. Best Friend tier patrons have been , and next week, we will run a poll for Best Friend and Close Friend tier patrons to see what he should be called.
  • Later in November, we will run the poll determining the focus of the 0.7 update.
That's all, folks.
Have a great weekend and Happy Halloween!
Cheers

P.S. If you're a new patron who has joined us in the final days of October, don't worry about Patreon charging you again in a few days since if you renew your subscription (which I recommend you do, so that you can actually enjoy the perks), I will refund your Oct pledge.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

DJSmilez

Dec 17, 2019
Am i the only one who has a hunch that there'll be a plot twist where the evil elf king(forgot his name) will turn out to be MC's father either that or they'll be a fake plot twist like that

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Am i the only one who has a hunch that there'll be a plot twist where the evil elf king(forgot his name) will turn out to be MC's father
Yes, because the Old King already said that the children of Elves are always Elves so the MC doesn't have any Elven ancestry.

SKYCLOUD666

Oct 24, 2021
Am i the only one who has a hunch that there'll be a plot twist where the evil elf king(forgot his name) will turn out to be MC's father either that or they'll be a fake plot twist like that
“I am your father” ...... too much starwars , too much Pedigree , simple just simple !

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Easy to miss but the Old King did day it "Elves beget Elves" so yeah King Vil has no hand in the MC's existence.
On the other hand, this is a magic world. It's feasible that someone could have used a spell to hide MC's elven features.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes