Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
you're creating one hell of a fun game here, with magnificent art. I also legit enjoyed myself while playing, I'd see shortening the number of quests as a downgrade, fam.
Yep, people moan about the time taken but I'd rather the time was taken and the dev's make what they want to make. rather than rushing out a lesser thing to stop the bitching

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Yep, people moan about the time taken but I'd rather the time was taken and the dev's make what they want to make. rather than rushing out a lesser thing to stop the bitching
Yeah, legitimate complaints that can be used to fix issues are helpful, but trying to stop generic whiners is a fool's errand.
The same people who complain it takes too long, will complain when it's rushed out & has bugs.
Whingers gotta whinge. Legitimacy is irrelevant, to them. Reeeeeee!
Can please some of the people, some of the time...

I totally enjoyed what the dev has produced, so far.
I believe that I will continue to enjoy it, if they continue to tell their story, their way.

Last edited:

perception

Aug 9, 2016
I can safely say, at this moment, this is the most professionally done game in here.
Art, Events, Story, Animations are top, top quality (specially for a small indie studio creating a fully original 2d game with only two people).

Considering the stability of the releases and still maintaining the quality, I don't think the situation will change for a long long time. The other teams only have to learn from MagicNuts magic formula.

May 26, 2019
Yes, but if it hadn't this much polish, the humor and art wouldn't have been so good. What's that old saying? "You can have it fast and cheap, cheap and good or good and fast, but not all three". This is cheap and good, so it won't be done fast.
But what about Amazon? They make very fast deliveries, have very competitive (cheap) prices, and provide very good products on a relatively well-designed (good) website.

Anyway, looks like the planning for Rose's content is almost done.

Yep, lots of fun waiting for Rose.
Yeah, Rose is great. Hope to see more of her.

Clobbertime

Jan 10, 2021
But what about Amazon? They make very fast deliveries, have very competitive (cheap) prices, and provide very good products on a relatively well-designed (good) website.
Unless you don't pay extra to get the Prime service, then they will leave your order sitting in a warehouse for a while before shipping it so it will take you longer to get it and to try and coerce you into paying the monthly fee for standard delivery.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Bad example, the amount of times I've received things badly packaged and boxes damaged in transit is way more than I've received them intact.
Also consider those making it happen behind the scenes that are working in horrible conditions. Are you suggesting the devs work 24/7 just to deliver something to you for free ?

arigatogyro

Jun 27, 2017
The art is amazing, but I am a little worried with the outlook of the game because of how much work it must be to create all those backgrounds and set pieces, and with at least two more towns to flesh out.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
The art is amazing, but I am a little worried with the outlook of the game because of how much work it must be to create all those backgrounds and set pieces, and with at least two more towns to flesh out.
That just means we are going to get another 20 years of What a Legend! :love: :LOL:

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
These kid of things are due to your device's graphic processing capacity. The game is oddly heavy to run
I don't think that's the main cause. I never had issues before update 0.5, but with it I saw some graphics either transition in advance or linger around longer than expected. I believe the new renpy version might be the cause, as it obviously caused other problems for the game's release.

Reactions: moskyx

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
My GPU is a couple of years old & I have been running games which adapted to the not so new version of Ren'Py for a good while and have never seen any of them display graphical anomalies, like the one in the image.
I have also not experienced any with this game, whatsoever.

I'd reserve judgement, saying it's unlikely to be the main cause, until you see what GPU the guy with the problem is running.
He may well be on 10+ year old equipment. If his GPU does not have enough VRAM then you can see things like that occur with heavier images & animations.
He's not the only guy having graphical glitches, as I mentioned I had them too. I don't consider 8 core i7 + GTX 1080 to be a low end config. I do have to admit I used the rollback feature, which might be a contributing factor to reproduce some of these glitches.

This also doesn't have anything to do with old renpy versions and is specifically about the the latest available at the time of 0.5, which has a bug that the older ones didn't. If you've been following the thread you might remember the devs mentioning a significant issue with animations because of it, which caused additional delay. This bug is less likely to appear in other games as most of them use 1-2 layers at most, unlike WaL where the complexity of the animations require multiple layers.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes