robbiej691

Oct 7, 2020
I've lost interest in this game.Updates are taking waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy to long for a little 2dcg game. watch the next update have maybe 2-3 scenes yet we waited like 6 months for it
the last update was huge though. i really enjoyed it and thought it was worth the wait. been following the thread and appreciate the devs posts on updates and keeping us informed. just my opinion, but i have no complaints and politely disagree with you

ArsenHumby

Nov 27, 2020
My major concern is the update time but not necessarily about the wait per se. What I'm concerned about (I'm pretty sure it was adressed before) Is simple that the game, with the map and different locations, looks to be huge. So having 8 months updates for a game that seems to be aiming high in lenght is kinda bad. Of course i'm not trying to insult the devs here, their job is awesome and I will still support the development of the game and drop my monetary contribution from time to time, 2d stuff development is a more delicate job than 3d stuff after all, but I can't lie I'm kinda concerned about this. Hope it can be adressed soon.

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
My major concern is the update time but not necessarily about the wait per se. What I'm concerned about (I'm pretty sure it was adressed before) Is simple that the game, with the map and different locations, looks to be huge. So having 8 months updates for a game that seems to be aiming high in lenght is kinda bad. Of course i'm not trying to insult the devs here, their job is awesome and I will still support the development of the game and drop my monetary contribution from time to time, 2d stuff development is a more delicate job than 3d stuff after all, but I can't lie I'm kinda concerned about this. Hope it can be adressed soon.
yup at this rate it will take 10 years to finish the game

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1645856128722.png

Hi, everybody.
Here's a summary of what we did last week:

Chestnut:
She worked on a multi-posed cutscene (see a video from it ) and added several new hands and expressions to Jebediah's sprite (I had asked her earlier, and it was on her to-do list) and has been working on the first sex scene of the next update. She also tested and gave feedback on Rose's third quest's posing and its overall feel.

Pistachio:
I finished the posing of Rose's third quest, also adding a few sound effects (more to come later), and did some preliminary testing on the content done. After that, I started with the sex scene, using the sketch Chestnut had prepared to code the scene. Once the final image is ready (this weekend), I will rig the image and animate it, replacing the sketch with the final artwork.

What's next:
We should finish the first sex scene by the end of the next week and start the second one. Chestnut will also need to have started work on more cutscenes and ideally prepare some more sprite additions.
I will focus on the sex scenes and use any free time I have (while waiting for the art) to improve the many aspects of the quests that we have decided need improving.
There's still a lot of work to be done, but seeing the sex scenes getting added slowly will be a huge boost and give us a good idea of the feel of the update. Anyhow, I just hope you will enjoy it once it's all ready.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers!

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
If you're in a hurry to finish the game, sure, that's something to be concerned about. If you're just enjoying the ride and play each update as it comes out and play other games until the next update, it's not a concern. MagicNuts is a two-person team already working flat-out on the game, so the only way development is going to speed up is if they hire more people, which runs the risk of quality becoming uneven or development slowing down because of the extra overhead of coordinating a larger team.

Xantoser

Apr 28, 2020

I understand your concern because I also share it. Unfortunately, this is a issue of many games here: estimated time to release final version is very long. This is because most of games here are developed by a single or very few people.
Personally I would be really glad if some big companies, hiring a dozens of people, entered this industry and made completed games like WaL in 3-4 years. Then I would gladly pay 60$ or more at day of release of 1.00 version.

bogodit

Jul 17, 2020
I understand your concern because I also share it. Unfortunately, this is a issue of many games here: estimated time to release final version is very long. This is because most of games here are developed by a single or very few people.
Personally I would be really glad if some big companies, hiring a dozens of people, entered this industry and made completed games like WaL in 3-4 years. Then I would gladly pay 60$ or more at day of release of 1.00 version.
But then they would get the "fame" of making lewd games and then the shareholders and stuff.

But if the adult industry started making some kind of AAA adult only games, well that would change things a lot, that I'm sure.

As it stands, it's a very niche "market" and as you can see, not many people are doing sex oriented games because family friendliness and all that shit.
Only a few games are actually worth playing and fapping to.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: mma456 and Xantoser

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Gretta will be a netori route, when she gets her update. Simmone and Serana's mom are also likely candidates to be waifus later who will also be married women and thus be netori routes. The developer has given a hard "no" to any scenes where the waifus have sex with men other than the MC, however.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
All good bro everyone has their own point of views ...likes and dislikes. i just feel 6 months is too long .i lose interest and have forgotten the characters already. 3 months is my wait limit i rate or ill wait till the game is completed
While I sort of agree with you. Mainly looking at it from a monetary perspective. I feel like if they did smaller updates more frequently their Patreon would explode with subs. I do think they're hurting themselves by doing 6-month releases without the fanbase that say DPC has. I love this game and want them to succeed but I can't justify patreoning for 2 updates a year.

Now, if this is just their pet project and not their main source of income then good for them. No reason to cater to other's that don't have the same vision.

MorbidViews21

Aug 3, 2019
While I sort of agree with you. Mainly looking at it from a monetary perspective. I feel like if they did smaller updates more frequently their Patreon would explode with subs. I do think they're hurting themselves by doing 6-month releases without the fanbase that say DPC has. I love this game and want them to succeed but I can't justify patreoning for 2 updates a year.

Now, if this is just their pet project and not their main source of income then good for them. No reason to cater to other's that don't have the same vision.
idk, no point in playing a new update thats only like 20 mins long. imo. It takes a long time because they have to draw everything by hand. Then animate. I wont be playing this game until its done, which will probably be like in 5 years or longer.

Reactions: Arcane666

HoneyLibido

Dec 14, 2020
I suppose there's no helping the current reactions, we're at the "antsy" period now just like the Lana update before.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019

This game is their only source of income and I think they are doing pretty well on Patreon. Also, if you like their work you don't need to keep your subscription active during the whole development period, you are free to throw them some bucks only after each release or whenever you feel like it.

Last edited:

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
idk, no point in playing a new update thats only like 20 mins long. imo. It takes a long time because they have to draw everything by hand. Then animate. I wont be playing this game until its done, which will probably be like in 5 years or longer.
I'll be dead by then mate.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
This game is their only source of income and I think they are doing pretty well on Patreon. Also, if you like their work you don't need to keep your subscription active during the whole development period, you are free to throw them some bucks only after each release or whenever you feel like it.
Well, at least the support on Patreon is good enough that they aren't struggling. I know they have kids. No idea where they live but I wonder how much a little less than $100k a year is providing them between basically two incomes. Hopefully enough to be comfortable.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes