Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Just a general reminder that the Ignore button is your best friend in threads that are getting invaded by trolls who have exactly nothing constructive to add and just want to take a dump in public.
Worse than trolls I would say, it's like playing against pigeons in a chess game... I mean you can try to, but I would avoid it they would dirt the chessboard, kick the pieces all around and being all proud of that...

DarkWarden

May 2, 2020
Just a general reminder that the Ignore button is your best friend in threads that are getting invaded by trolls who have exactly nothing constructive to add and just want to take a dump in public.
When you can't respond to someones arguments so you brain tries to save the little ego you have left through setting cognitive disonnance into overdrive and accusing any opossing opinions as "trolls", lmao.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
When you can't respond to someones arguments so you brain tries to save the little ego you have left through setting cognitive disonnance into overdrive and accusing any opossing opinions as "trolls", lmao.
Wel, he can't repond to your arguments, because you have yet to present one.

Don't bother with what you think is a witty reply. I won't be seeing it.

DarkWarden

May 2, 2020
Wel, he can't repond to your arguments, because you have yet to present one.

Don't bother with what you think is a witty reply. I won't be seeing it.
Exactly as I've said, cognitive disonnance has to protect your brain from being exposed to something that goes against your beliefs and you can't respond to in order to prevent damage to your ego.

>explain how 300 logical bugs are possible in a mostly linear RenPy novel game
>can't explain it

If you close your eyes and pretend there is no argument then indeed, there must not be one.
Cheers.

Jan 3, 2022
How do you count bug tasks?
The errors found while playing the currently under development content or things from previous releases that we want to fix/change before the next update. For example: missing hands or sprite elements, buttons that are misplaced or miss hover-idle states, events crashing with each other, sound effects over-lapping with environment music, characters in more than one place at the same time, quests not working well as a sandbox, etc.

FAQ, first page. They test the game doing playthroughs over and over and note down anything broken. This has been said in weekly reports a number of times.

Stop using green text tags outside of 4chan. It doesn't do anything.

Reactions: Cierne

DarkWarden

May 2, 2020
How do you count bug tasks?
The errors found while playing the currently under development content or things from previous releases that we want to fix/change before the next update. For example: missing hands or sprite elements, buttons that are misplaced or miss hover-idle states, events crashing with each other, sound effects over-lapping with environment music, characters in more than one place at the same time, quests not working well as a sandbox, etc.

FAQ, first page. They test the game doing playthroughs over and over and note down anything broken. This has been said in weekly reports a number of times.

Stop using green text tags outside of 4chan. It doesn't do anything.
All of the above are one in a thousand small mistakes that are fixed faster that they are logged and 99% of them are found after which you play thorugh the new content once, which would take less than 1 hour.
1. 300 of those didn't happen
2. Even if they did, fixing them at a rate of 10 per day or less is even more funny.

>Stop using green text tags outside of 4chan. It doesn't do anything.
nah

Reactions: anon241 and GaRbS

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
All of the above are one in a thousand small mistakes that are fixed faster that they are logged and 99% of them are found after which you play thorugh the new content once, which would take less than 1 hour.
2. Even if they did, fixing them at a rate of 10 per day or less is even more funny.

>Stop using green text tags outside of 4chan. It doesn't do anything.
nah
You're clearly a better developer than anyone else here. I'll bet your game is fantastic. Care to share a link?

Tlaero

Jan 3, 2022
You are a little too confident. They aren't releasing only the new content, they make sure the new content fits the existing game. You have to look at it as a whole. It's easy for us, outsiders, to talk.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Its because we like the story and game so much that we eagerly wait for new updates.
Eagerly waiting is not the same thing as casting shade on the devs for a delay.
Sadly, that's much more like simply being entitled and impatient.
"I want this game delivered to my own personal demands, if not...."
Screaming Begins Again!.jpg
:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Theres also a patreon post every month for half the games on this site which should be marked abandoned and yet they aren't being updated at all
I can only suggest that you read the site rules and educate yourself about when games receive the "Abandoned" tag.
You thinking it should be marked as "Abandoned" does not mean that it should.
If it does not transgress the site's rules for receiving that tag, it will not receive it.
This game does not qualify for receiving it.
If you do not like, or agree with the way this site operates, maybe don't frequent it?
Coding in RenPy is like writing a literal script for a game with posing and background image changes sprinkled in every few lines, you literally cannot need multiple months to "debug" that mostly linear clicker visual novel game even if you wanted to, if you truly believe its possible to have 268 "bugs" in such an engine and game which take months to solve, I have a bridge to sell you.
If you have absolutely no idea what is involved in the specific process for this game, please stop talking generically and attempting to apply it to something where you have no idea if it fits.
That's simply an assumption, so bears no weight.

If you're an unhappy customer of the devs, then make your feelings known financially.
If you're not a customer, just a pirate, then stop moaning and just soak it up.
It will be here when the devs are finished with their work & deem it ready.
How long that takes is not going to be made any shorter by whinging about it or making unsubstantiated accusations here.

Last edited:

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Wasn't there a chest of random outfits in the ghost house? Maybe doing random costume drops could pad out the proper updates. Not sure how much time a new sprite and an overlay for an existing sex scene would take, or if it would be worth doing or not.
Personally I'd rather see new content exclusive to each outfit rather than overlays on existing scenes, imho. But it's a question of priorities and how much time they're willing to divert from adding new routes/quests compared to adding additional content to girls who are already "finished." If I were the dev, I wouldn't add extras like that until the game was much closer to completion, perhaps not even until after the epilogue/ending is implemented.

Then again, if I were the dev, I'd make having Dear Celestina wear a cowkini and hooking her up to a milking machine part of her main route, not an extra to be added at the end, sooooo

Bacalu

Sep 3, 2017
You are a little too confident. They aren't releasing only the new content, they make sure the new content fits the existing game. You have to look at it as a whole. It's easy for us, outsiders, to talk.
He is absolutely right, no normal person takes this much time to "debbug" 40 minutes of content (that consist of dialog boxes) in a renpy game that is as straight forward and linear as this. Either the devs only work 1 hour a day or they procrastinate a lot.
Its literally impossible to have 300 bugs or so and taking a whole day to solve 10 or less, this isnt software development

Reactions: anon241 and GaRbS
Jan 3, 2022
He is absolutely right, no normal person takes this much time to "debbug" 40 minutes of content (that consist of dialog boxes) in a renpy game that is as straight forward and linear as this. Either the devs only work 1 hour a day or they procrastinate a lot.
Its literally impossible to have 300 bugs or so and taking a whole day to solve 10 or less, this isnt software development
You're clearly a better developer than anyone else here. I'll bet your game is fantastic. Care to share a link?

Tlaero

RoamingZone

Feb 1, 2020
First of all is you have a tiny bit of knowledge about coding you probably should know that sometimes fixing a bug creates a few more, you need to be careful with this kind of thing. Second by your 40 min assumption of gameplay you are basically telling me that you most likely skip the dialogs and go straight to the sexy content. Last update with only a short break for dinner I spend close to 4 hours just enjoying the story. The only thing I will agree with you is that this update has taken to long to arrive at this pace we will have a finished product in 2 decades. At the end if this update gives me at least 3 hours of entertainment it will be worth the wait, if it doesn't well probably drop the project and move on.

Reactions: Omniel and kerasyn

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I honestly wonder if this forum's ordinary user's mind equates the difficulty and effort needed of the task of debugging game code to the difficulty and effort needed of the task of correcting typos in a script.

robbiej691

Oct 7, 2020
Theres also a patreon post every month for half the games on this site which should be marked abandoned and yet they aren't being updated at all but it gives fanboys enough copium to eternally defend their developers who break every single self-imposed deadline until the developer ends up basically not doing any more work and suddenly the fanboys disappear or never respond again (All ICSTOR games, Taffy Tales, WVM etc...)

Coding in RenPy is like writing a literal script for a game with posing and background image changes sprinkled in every few lines, you literally cannot need multiple months to "debug" that mostly linear clicker visual novel game even if you wanted to, if you truly believe its possible to have 268 "bugs" in such an engine and game which take months to solve, I have a bridge to sell you.
how much?

DarkWarden

May 2, 2020

Tlaero
"Oh you didn't like the fact that the chief took an hour and a half to complete the meal he said he will complete in about 20 minutes? Unless you can cook that same meal yourself you cannot complain!!!1"
lmao

May 23, 2022
"Oh you didn't like the fact that the chief took an hour and a half to complete the meal he said he will complete in about 20 minutes? Unless you can cook that same meal yourself you cannot complain!!!1"
lmao
I get what you wanna say the fact that this update is taking twice as much as the devs promised and still not out yet, But I think I'm tired of seeing people complaining this sh*t over and over again.The Developers of this game have heard a lot of those complaints and had enough so they don't even reply to this session anymore.If you can't wait shut up and get out.

Jul 22, 2019
As with most threads on this site, the people bawling the loudest aren't Patrons. They're just babies banging on things and screaming, "Baby WANT!!!!"
I mean yeah, obviously the people who are unhappiest with the state of the game aren't financially supporting it? That's not really much of a revelation.

The offered refunds when deadlines slip keeps me fairly happy (even with the admittedly slow parts of dev), but if I dislike the current state of a product or creator obviously I wouldn't give them my money.

Reactions: robbiej691
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes