Hedasd

Apr 29, 2018
Crazy how they can drag a single update out for almost a year. You'd think with almost $9000/month they can afford to hire a couple developers to speed up the process, feels like they've been stuck at "debugging/polishing" for 4 months.
Honestly didnt think they would manage to wait out July too but here we are. At this point I wouldnt be surprised if they would follow ICSTOR, that guy stopped releasing anything 2 years ago and still have thousands of patrons on patreon, and judging by posters in this thread this games developers will have even more subs than him.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Y'know, it's very weird the MC would automatically assume this. In what kind of world, other than a hentai game, would this be a reasonable assumption to make?

screenshot0003.png

...Oh god, does he *know* he's a hentai game protagonist!?!?

robbiej691

Oct 7, 2020
Huh, with 9K$ you can hire 9 others for part time there and still have enough money to live in their's costliest city.
check the OP( thats the first page) on there click on FAQ, thats frequently asked questions. the dev has answered these questions on numerous occasions. sometimes you can use the search function as well to find answers.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
so... they solved a single bug in the entire day? shit
I think they're trying to push its release into August so they don't drop any subs before then. Doesn't make sense for an entire days work. Yesterday was 0 Polish.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
I think they're trying to push its release into August so they don't drop any subs before then. Doesn't make sense for an entire days work. Yesterday was 0 Polish.
They'll refund you the previous month if you ask when you drop the sub, so this doesn't make any sense.

Y'know, am I the only one slightly uncomfortable with the jokes about murdering polish people for every bug/edit that gets done? The poles have had it pretty rough, historically speaking, when it comes to other people attempting to steal their land via genocide.

Last edited:

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
Huh, with 9K$ you can hire 9 others for part time there and still have enough money to live in their's costliest city.
Jesus, I need to move to this city. I'm living in one of the cheaper cities in the US and I'm getting robbed out of over $1K per month just for rent.

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
They'll refund you the previous month if you ask when you drop the sub, so this doesn't make any sense.

Y'know, am I the only one slightly uncomfortable with the jokes about murdering polish people for every bug/edit that gets done? The poles have had it pretty rough, historically speaking, when it comes to other people attempting to steal their land via genocide.
Was unaware of this. Thank you. I take back what I said.

Reactions: Viressa

Grimguy101

Jan 10, 2020
Honestly didnt think they would manage to wait out July too but here we are. At this point I wouldnt be surprised if they would follow ICSTOR, that guy stopped releasing anything 2 years ago and still have thousands of patrons on patreon, and judging by posters in this thread this games developers will have even more subs than him.
Yeah for sure, so how much have you paid for this game? Oh wait nothing. Also pretty sure they refund people who ask so where's the issue? People like you are why cyberpunk 2077 came out the way you did. Rather it be amazing and take a while to come out than rushed and shit.

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
Yeah for sure, so how much have you paid for this game? Oh wait nothing. Also pretty sure they refund people who ask so where's the issue? People like you are why cyberpunk 2077 came out the way you did. Rather it be amazing and take a while to come out than rushed and shit.
Regular people aren't why Cyberpunk released the way it did, that'd be down to the higher ups being so detached from the development of the game and only thinking about the mad bank they could make off it, they should've given it at least another year and sacked off last gen (Xbox One and PS4) as they were woefully underpowered, even the One X.

The hype built up was just fans being fans, you can anticipate that about as well as you can anticipate the weather (as in, pretty god damn well), obviously it was going to get hyped into the stratosphere, but it's not their fault and the higher ups should've known better, but no, hype generates money and that's all they gave a fuck about. Again.

Last edited:

arigatogyro

Jun 27, 2017
cyberpunk 2077 was delayed by like a year, what are you on about?

Reactions: kamikazedrew

Viressa

May 24, 2018
CP77 was an example of a game that had been in development hell for a long time for a complicated host of reasons, and it probably would never have produced a shippable game. (That is, by the time the game would be finally ready to ship, it would run into the Duke Nukem Forever problem of being so outdated that the whole design needs to be chucked out and started over to get something that wouldn't be a laughing stock.) So management cut its losses and pushed it out, hoping to recuperate as much of their investment as possible. AFAIK it sold well enough, despite the public outcry, to make a profit, so from the perspective of the capitalists this was likely the right move.

WAL isn't really comparable, the 0.6 update at least* has very clearly defined scope, unlike CP77's "we gotta be every game for everyone and simulate every aspect of an entire artificial world."

*However, I do have some concerns as to the scope of the game as a whole: Just the roster of waifus we've got will likely take a decade or more to finish at the current rate, and they intend to at least double the size of that roster for the final game. Worse, each update takes longer and longer to finish because they increase the scope to be something bigger and better than the last. They've probably bitten off way more than they can chew and if this game is finished at all I would not be surprised if it had a rushed ending where we don't visit half the areas on that big world map.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes