Sharpen

Apr 19, 2020
Would anyone mind directing me in how to move my save from v0.5.01 to v.06? Is it as simple as just moving my actual save file over from the unzipped file locations? I was previously told that Ren'Py has a unified save system for games of the same build, so when I updated Corrupted Kingdoms it just pulled my saves from my previous version automatically. Is that correct for this game as well?

Thanks in advance.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Would anyone mind directing me in how to move my save from v0.5.01 to v.06? Is it as simple as just moving my actual save file over from the unzipped file locations? I was previously told that Ren'Py has a unified save system for games of the same build, so when I updated Corrupted Kingdoms it just pulled my saves from my previous version automatically. Is that correct for this game as well?

Thanks in advance.
Most Ren'Py games save data in 2 locations:
1. Game Folder\game\saves
2. C:\\Users\*username\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Game Folder\

Think this game only uses location No. 1.
So you need to keep your saves folder & copy it from the previous, to the current Game Folder\game\ when you unzip the update. (y)

Reactions: TheDevian

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018

Thanks in advance.
Yes, your save is buried somewhere in /appdata/roaming with a wonky folder name. Unless you go out of your way to find and delete it, you should be safe with just loading 0.6 and your stuff should still be there

Most Ren'Py games save data in 2 locations:
1. Game Folder\game\saves
2. C:\\Users\*username\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Game Folder\

This game only uses No. 1.
So you need to keep your saves folder & copy it from the previous, to the current Game Folder\game\ when you unzip the update. (y)
Nope, there is a /roaming/ folder for this. Nutsface just went bigbrain and didn't name it WALSAVEHERE

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Couldn't see any folder in Roaming, that wasn't related to a specific game.
Had one called "persistent", which weirdly contained the end of chapter saves for both Ataegina & Rebirth. :unsure:
But couldn't see anything else that didn't match a game title.

Unless it's called "Inventory02"?
The persistent file is where all the settings are saved for ren'py games. Sometimes the gallery too..
Usually, that is in the save folder though.

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
The persistent file is where all the settings are saved for ren'py games. Sometimes the gallery too..
Usually, that is in the save folder though.
Weirdly, mine's not a file, it's a folder.
1659322586517.png
These are the only 2 games I play, which have split into separate Chapters & created a specific save at the very end of your chapter, which doesn't go in your manual save files.
I'm guessing these are to do with that.

Anyway, gone OT, sorry. (y)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Couldn't see any folder in Roaming, that wasn't related to a specific game.
Had one called "persistent", which weirdly contained the end of chapter saves for both, Ataegina & Rebirth. :unsure:
But couldn't see anything else that didn't match a game title.
Unless it's called "Inventory02"?
Yep, that's what nuts thought was a good folder name for his/her game ..... Truly bigbrain

Reactions: whichone
Feb 11, 2020
Yep, that's what nuts thought was a good folder name for his/her game ..... Truly bigbrain
on second thought, this could also be a default folder or just a way to allow for discretion. imagine sharing a pc and just wanting to bust a quick nut without hiding your shit.

i just looked through my folders and there are 4385234058 saves for games i already thought i uninstalled. now i dont share a pc personally, but i can see where thatd be handy

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
on second thought, this could also be a default folder or just a way to allow for discretion. imagine sharing a pc and just wanting to bust a quick nut without hiding your shit.

i just looked through my folders and there are 4385234058 saves for games i already thought i uninstalled. now i dont share a pc personally, but i can see where thatd be handy
The /roaming/ folder doesn't delete itself when you remove a game purely so you can keep your save in case you delete the game by mistake/acting as a backup. Even with a few 100000s of games in there, it's merely a few KB per file, you won't get much space back even if you nuke the entire /repy/ folder.

Or maybe not, my /renpy/ has a bit over 1000 subfolders for 2.5GB, weirdly bigger than I thought .............

bahn67

May 26, 2018

Thanks in advance.
You don't need to move saves. Just run v.06 and load your v.05 save

Viressa

May 24, 2018
The folder name in your /renpy folder (under appdata/roaming/renpy on windows and $home/.renpy on mac/linux) is the internal ID for the game, which is generated when you create the project in the Renpy editor. You can change the title of the game (and thus the name of the .exe/.sh file you use to launch it) pretty easily, but changing the internal ID for the game is a major hassle. They probably named it Inventory02 when they started drafting the project and didn't have a proper title for it, and decided it wasn't worth the effort to change it later, since it only affects the name of a hidden folder most players will never look for. Lots of renpy games on this site have weird working titles for their internal IDs like that, WAL is not special.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
Facts. Most of the game is spent around Rose's place so it's not like there were a ton of different background scenes to create. Also, why the hell does the MC have an infinite gold bag but not use that instead of rose's gold to appease the demon. Did the devs forget they put this into the game?
I actually don't mind this. The bag was obviously introduced for plot convenience, so not using it where it would be too convenient is something I can let slide.
As written by Ardenta before, it's all about what Rose earns. The writer(s) didn't forget the bag existed, as shown by the small line at the end of Rose's plot, when Abu Gadu (?) asks the MC if he wants gold, and the MC replies he has no need for it (alluding to his never-ending bag of gold).

This doesn't work, it is established the Demon gets "half of anything Rose earns" The MC cannot just give them his gold as Rose did not earn that gold.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
As written by Ardenta before, it's all about what Rose earns. The writer(s) didn't forget the bag existed, as shown by the small line at the end of Rose's plot, when Abu Gadu (?) asks the MC if he wants gold, and the MC replies he has no need for it (alluding to his never-ending bag of gold).
Yeah, they make jokes about it all the time. How it's the most useless thing, since no one will ever take money from him for anything.

Reactions: rKnight

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
Facts. Most of the game is spent around Rose's place so it's not like there were a ton of different background scenes to create.
scene folder in images
0.5: 776 files, 366 MB
0.6: 956 files, 455 MB

The 0.6 scene folder is almost a quarter again the size of the 0.5 one, meaning they did indeed add quite a few background scenes, and the average file size is slightly larger, meaning there's proportionally more full-screen backgrounds and fewer new props compared to previous updates.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes