sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
I wonder about something... what Abu Gadu does with the money he gets? He's a demon - no need for food or water; he's the most powerful being in Cin Town, so no need for housing (he just picks what he likes the most). He also doesn't care about sex, so no need to keep girls around (feeding, housing, etc).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Viressa

May 24, 2018
I wonder about something... what Abu Gadu does with the money he gets? He's a demon - no need for food or water; he's the most powerful being in Cin Town, so no need for housing (he just picks what he likes the most). He also doesn't care about sex, so no need to keep girls around (feeding, housing, etc).
Obviously, he spends all his money on Funko Pops.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I did wonder about that as well, I guess they use it there in Cin City ...for something. Rose did mention there was more to the place, this was just the highest level, so maybe he has to pay taxes and what not, who knows?
Or maybe it is just leftover greed, from when he was small to start, when he had to pay minions, before he could control them. It is really hard to say without more info.

Reactions: sexypeanut

robbiej691

Oct 7, 2020
I did wonder about that as well, I guess they use it there in Cin City ...for something. Rose did mention there was more to the place, this was just the highest level, so maybe he has to pay taxes and what not, who knows?
Or maybe it is just leftover greed, from when he was small to start, when he had to pay minions, before he could control them. It is really hard to say without more info.
netflix, amazon prime, BT subscription, sky, am sure there are more but it could account for a lot of his outgoings

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Iirc, Abu Gadu said he's doing his jobs over 3k years and if i theorize that Sev aka "The Old King" lived around 1k years created with magic the infinite gold bag, then, after his passing, the Nevernuff Family spends gold as there wasn't tomorrow, flooding the market around the kingdom or perhaps around the world... Just think about it... There's a precedent in our history, that create inflation in nearly all Europe as consequence for America's discovery by Columbus last around one century, just think in a Royal Family with a fucking infinite gold bag to finance anything imaginable... It would be so much gold, that eventually you'll never wanted it, so much that you'll never worry again about prices. Iirc, in the market of the Old Capital there is in anywhere a price published, even in the brothel no one ask for silver nor gold, i don't know how exactly ppl are paid for a work more than a favor, but, if we think in our history, it is possible that salt as in the Roman Empire could be used or even paper money as in Antique China. Another hint that maybe gold could lose all it's value in that world could be seen in Jebediah, he later in the Rose Story was willing to pay her, without asking how much for his treatment, less Rose to make publicly the cost of her goods. Another hint could be iirc could be Myrtle, she never ask for gold nor silver for his goods to all of her clients, her husband paid his taxes with his work as woodcutter. So, Abu Gadu could have been all that time asking for gold when the whole world economy just crash down in a spiral to never rise up again as before, and as a character that doesn't go around too much, he still thinks that everybody wants gold for sure. Abu Gadu itself could have the same medievalist thought about gold, to have it in treasury or to spend it in luxury, as the prevailing economic thought of that time the capital, having savings to make investment wasn't common and in many cases punished.

Last edited:

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Iirc, Abu Gadu said he's doing his jobs over 3k years and if i theorize that Sev aka "The Old King" lived around 1k years created with magic the infinite gold bag, then, after his passing, the Nevernuff Family spends gold as there wasn't tomorrow, flooding the market around the kingdom or perhaps around the world... Just think about it... There's a precedent in our history, that create inflation in nearly all Europe as consequence for America's discovery by Columbus last around one century, just think in a Royal Family with a fucking infinite gold bag to finance anything imaginable... It would be so much gold, that eventually you'll never wanted it, so much that you'll never worry again about prices. Iirc, in the market of the Old Capital there is in anywhere a price published, even in the brothel no one ask for silver nor gold, i don't know how exactly ppl are paid for a work more than a favor, but, if we think in our history, it is possible that salt as in the Roman Empire could be used or even paper money as in Antique China. Another hint that maybe gold could lose all it's value in that world could be seen in Jebediah, he later in the Rose Story was willing to pay her, without asking how much for his treatment, less Rose to make publicly the cost of her goods. Another hint could be iirc could be Myrtle, she never ask for gold nor silver for his goods to all of her clients, her husband paid his taxes with his work as woodcutter. So, Abu Gadu could have been all that time asking for gold when the whole world economy just crash down in a spiral to never rise up again as before, and as a character that doesn't go around too much, he still thinks that everybody wants gold for sure. Abu Gadu itself could have the same medievalist thought about gold, to have it in treasury or to spend it in luxury, as the prevailing economic thought of that time the capital, having savings to make investment wasn't common and in many cases punished.
While an interesting idea, I don't think this works: If Lassie had grown up in a world where gold was worthless because the Nevernuffs flooded the market with it millennia ago, then he wouldn't have been so excited when he got the bag. He also wouldn't try to pull it out and use it whenever someone has money problems. Also, whenever he offers someone gold to fix their money problems, instead of making an excuse for why they won't take it, shouldn't they say "Gold? That stuff's worthless! How am I supposed to pay for anything with that!?"

(But the real answer is "It's just a running gag, it's not meant to hold up to scrutiny like this")

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
While an interesting idea, I don't think this works: If Lassie had grown up in a world where gold was worthless because the Nevernuffs flooded the market with it millennia ago, then he wouldn't have been so excited when he got the bag. He also wouldn't try to pull it out and use it whenever someone has money problems. Also, whenever he offers someone gold to fix their money problems, instead of making an excuse for why they won't take it, shouldn't they say "Gold? That stuff's worthless! How am I supposed to pay for anything with that!?"

(But the real answer is "It's just a running gag, it's not meant to hold up to scrutiny like this")
Oh yes, that's plausible, but even Serena told MC that no one ask for gold... And we can't forget, MC isn't the most smartest in town...
change-my-mind.jpg

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ObsidianShard

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Unholy wall of jank

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Traducción al español actualizada / Spanish translation updated - v0.6.01

*** UPDATED POST 2022-AUG-12 ***

Traducción al Español - v.0.6.01

Gracias al kit de traducción, el juego está 100% traducido, imágenes incluidas. Como siempre, hay que descargar e instalar el juego original y luego descargar, descomprimir y pegar el la carpeta 'game' del parche dentro de la carpeta donde hayáis instalado el juego. Debería arrancar ya en español, siempre podéis cambiar de idioma en el menú Preferencias

Mega

---
Spanish Translation - v.0.6.01

Thanks to the translation kit (nice job there, magicnuts), the game is 100% translated, pics included. As always, you have to download and install the original game and then download, unzip and copypaste the patch's 'game' folder where you've installed the original game. The game should start in Spanish, but you can always change languages in the Preferences menu

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes