bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
Okay, now I'm sick and tired of waiting! It's been less than 24 hours and 0.6 STILL isn't out!!! As a non-paying lazy fucker who skips all the story, I am ENTITLED to an update!!!!! These devs are getting MILLIONS from their Patreon and the game is ABONED!! So lazy smh where is this going to end?!??!? It's just like all those other games I didn't pay for that take WEEEEEEEEKS to update!!!
I'll just bump this from the last update.

Ultralazuli

Jul 8, 2018
i tried this game once before, couple years ago i believe. it barely had any content then, and i wrote it off as a tech/art demo for something else.

it's come a long way so far. the characters are more developed, the story is much more fluid and less directed, and there's a lot more content period. the art is great, not fantastic, but it's surprisingly consistent, and though the ladies pretty much have the same body type (aside from celestine and holly) and very similar faces, at least they're all hot as hell.

the story feels compelling, much more so now than it did back then. but i dislike games where choices don't really matter and the MC has no agency. that's this game to a T. your duder barely does anything more than , ever. and there are prolly about 30-40 menu choices in the game, but they don't amount to anything really because your character is just a walking talking dildo.

nickn1

Feb 15, 2019
Also, where did you extract the game? That can have an effect.

Usual files where it had worked every time before. (D:/downloads)

Now I'm being forced to play only non-Renpy games in general, not specifically just this :(

Appreciate your reply, and hope there's some way to reset it.

FYI, i use ryzen 3400g, 16 gb ram and also have a 6700XT (which i use for mining, so never use it as main display except for AAA games)

It has worked wonderfully on 3400g, but now works on neither.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

Now I'm being forced to play only non-Renpy games in general, not specifically just this :(

FYI, i use ryzen 3400g, 16 gb ram and also have a 6700XT (which i use for mining, so never use it as main display except for AAA games)

Your system should be more than enough.
You might be missing some drivers or something. Update those.
You might also need some system stuff, like C++ or codecs.
Try k-lite codec pack, and the webp codec.

Viressa

May 24, 2018

Hold shift while you launch the game and you should get an options menu. Disable gamepad and then try again.

Is there a traceback.txt in the game folder? What does it say? If there is no traceback.txt, try launching the game from Powershell and post the console output.

Make a bootable USB with some linux distro on it (try Mint if you've never used Linux before, just don't install it and use the live system) and try launching What-a-Legend.sh from it. Alternatively, you can try running it in a VM (linux or windows, microsoft distributes ISOs for free on their website if you have an activated copy of windows). Does it work there?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

NSPhoenix

Dec 3, 2021
Trying to update from 0.5 to 0.6.1 on android and I keep getting an error "Something went wrong. The app was not installed." Pixel 4A that's played previous versions just fine. Any ideas or do I have to uninstall and reinstall the app from scratch?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Trying to update from 0.5 to 0.6.1 on android and I keep getting an error "Something went wrong. The app was not installed." Pixel 4A that's played previous versions just fine. Any ideas or do I have to uninstall and reinstall the app from scratch?
Uninstall could be a good idea. Then you got 0.6 being over 5GB. And it being made by some rando, the devs have nothing to do with it. You'll have to live with the fact it might be trash and not work

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes