KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
Damn. 5 months with 30% progress. Taking a page from summertime saga, I see. :KEK:
Man, they are a teamwork of TWO making all the code, the writing, the posing and the sketching so i'm not gonna complain at all at this moment. And they also had a baby in the family. Once they launch the 0.7 update of Gomira, that matter needs to be approached (I also think they need help to delegate some tasks on other focused people) but by now, they have done it nicely

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Man, they are a teamwork of TWO making all the code, the writing, the posing and the sketching so i'm not gonna complain at all at this moment. And they also had a baby in the family. Once they launch the 0.7 update of Gomira, that matter needs to be approached (I also think they need help to delegate some tasks on other focused people) but by now, they have done it nicely
They won't do any of that. They'll keep going at it just the 2 of them. Even if some randos around here get mad about it. And it takes over a year per update

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
The baby came out a few months ago ......
It's been two, and clearly, you have never had to care for a newborn. Things are MUCH easier before it's born. Frankly, the best part of kids is making them.
They won't do any of that. They'll keep going at it just the 2 of them. Even if some randos around here get mad about it. And it takes over a year per update
Good, good for them. I hope so. I would hate to see any loss of quality or something, because they chose to outsource or something like that. Good things are worth waiting for. ;)

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
My laptop broke. I wish you guys can port this on android
It "should" work by default. You could try joiplay (probably hot garbage though) or find a way to convert the Windows build into an apk. There's also a somewhat random reason why the devs don't do that themselves

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
It "should" work by default. You could try joiplay (probably hot garbage though) or find a way to convert the Windows build into an apk. There's also a somewhat random reason why the devs don't do that themselves
JoiPlay works perfectly fine with this.

It's all I ever use to play RenPy games

Reactions: Jackmcbean

KingBea

Jul 26, 2017
1670625402269.png
Weekly report 135

Hi, everybody.
I hope you're all doing well. Chestnut and I are both tired and happy. Tired because we are working using a new schedule to alternate caring for our children (in particular our baby) and working on WaL, and we're still not completely used to it (at least I'm not and need plenty of coffee), and happy because I think it's working better than the previous approach and we're being more productive.

What did we do last week?
First, if you haven't seen it yet, check this post showing the results of the poll determining the name of a new 0.7 character.

Now, artwise, Chestnut spent all of her time focusing on sprites, finishing Mei's, and doing several hands and facial expressions for characters featured in Gomira's first quest. We did want to record a video, but she thought the parts she was working on, although necessary, weren't as visually interesting. Hopefully, next week we'll have both a spoiler image and a video since Chestnut wants to work on some cutscenes in addition to sprites.

Myself, I wrote a new event (it was missing, and I only noticed that once I played the beginning of the update) and posed it. I also posed dialogues, edited the text, found some bugs, and fixed them (those that could be fixed quickly). Lastly, I worked on some of the convos that I had ideas for and got that out of the way (I will need to edit them later).

Oh, and something I had done the last couple of updates but forgot to do for 0.7 after I had finished the main dialogues was the update's word count. At the time of writing this, the 0.7 file has about 43k words. To put that in perspective, 0.6 had 44k words, and 0.5 40k (in all cases, I'm only counting the main dialogues and not other texts, optional convos, or the sex talk). So, although I thought we'd have a much shorter update compared to the last release since 0.7 is almost entirely a visual-novel-like experience without think quests and whatnot, it seems like I was wrong. Just a reminder that the 43k words can and almost certainly will change; events may be added or removed, and a lot of editing and editing is yet to be done. Overall, it's going to be fun finishing the posing work.

That's all, folks.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers!

P.S. The baby is fine -- crying a lot, but fine.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I could be wrong, but I heard that it changes something with the saves though, and they are not compatible, but I don't play games on my phone, even if I did have a google phone, so I have no idea.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
The protagonist is way too much of a goody-two-shoes though... just makes him seem dumb and naive.
Bolded the part of the quote that confuses me, since that's nearly exactly how I'd describe the character. I'm kinda wondering if I'm alone in having that perspective now. He has other qualities that help make him a tolerable character and he's often the butt of the joke, but super bright and experienced he is not.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Bolded the part of the quote that confuses me, since that's nearly exactly how I'd describe the character. I'm kinda wondering if I'm alone in having that perspective now. He has other qualities that help make him a tolerable character and he's often the butt of the joke, but super bright and experienced he is not.
Intended to be like that for the fun of the player, still, the plan that Lassie came to cheat to help Rose surprise me, even if it wasn't fulfilled in perfection it was enough to stomp the main problem... And without having the necessity to Think, as he said to Lana, was an importance part of his gameplay lol.

Reactions: KillerBee487
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes