KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
View attachment 2224591
Weekly report 135

Hi, everybody.
I hope you're all doing well. Chestnut and I are both tired and happy. Tired because we are working using a new schedule to alternate caring for our children (in particular our baby) and working on WaL, and we're still not completely used to it (at least I'm not and need plenty of coffee), and happy because I think it's working better than the previous approach and we're being more productive.

What did we do last week?
First, if you haven't seen it yet, check this post showing the results of the poll determining the name of a new 0.7 character.

Now, artwise, Chestnut spent all of her time focusing on sprites, finishing Mei's, and doing several hands and facial expressions for characters featured in Gomira's first quest. We did want to record a video, but she thought the parts she was working on, although necessary, weren't as visually interesting. Hopefully, next week we'll have both a spoiler image and a video since Chestnut wants to work on some cutscenes in addition to sprites.

Myself, I wrote a new event (it was missing, and I only noticed that once I played the beginning of the update) and posed it. I also posed dialogues, edited the text, found some bugs, and fixed them (those that could be fixed quickly). Lastly, I worked on some of the convos that I had ideas for and got that out of the way (I will need to edit them later).

Oh, and something I had done the last couple of updates but forgot to do for 0.7 after I had finished the main dialogues was the update's word count. At the time of writing this, the 0.7 file has about 43k words. To put that in perspective, 0.6 had 44k words, and 0.5 40k (in all cases, I'm only counting the main dialogues and not other texts, optional convos, or the sex talk). So, although I thought we'd have a much shorter update compared to the last release since 0.7 is almost entirely a visual-novel-like experience without think quests and whatnot, it seems like I was wrong. Just a reminder that the 43k words can and almost certainly will change; events may be added or removed, and a lot of editing and editing is yet to be done. Overall, it's going to be fun finishing the posing work.

That's all, folks.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers!

P.S. The baby is fine -- crying a lot, but fine.
Man these both are DEVS (in capital letters). I can wait half a year if neccesary if the quality of the work worth it, and there really few games that reach this quality work. There are other games to being played while What a Legend is developing, and I hope that the game keeps on the line that they draw instead of getting rush and show us a bad product
This is how the work has to be done

Clobbertime

Jan 10, 2021
Bolded the part of the quote that confuses me, since that's nearly exactly how I'd describe the character. I'm kinda wondering if I'm alone in having that perspective now. He has other qualities that help make him a tolerable character and he's often the butt of the joke, but super bright and experienced he is not.
I find it refreshing to come across a game where the MC isn't some complete jerkwad and/or an outright rapist using all sorts of ways to force women to have sex with him like the MCs seem to be in most of these kinds of game.

KingBea

Jul 26, 2017
1671231478013.png
Weekly report 136

Hi, everybody.
I hope you've had a great week. Here's a summary of our work last week:

Chestnut:
The bulk of Chestnut's work was doing arms and facial expressions for Percy. He's going to be involved in a few important scenes in the update and has plenty of gestures. Additionally, she worked on cutscenes, one of which we posted here, and created several assets for another more elaborate event (see this video for a teaser).

Pistachio:
I posed scenes from Gomira's' first quest, wrote new dialogues for a repeatable event that'll happen in the Old Capital, debugged, and spent the rest of my time going through the text and editing and polishing them before each posing session (including deciding if they work or not).

Next week's plan:
Next week, Chestnut wants to finish her work on Percy and shift her focus to designing other story-related sprites.
I'll probably be doing more editing work next week since although my current approach of editing+posing has the advantage of moving things along, I have found that some scenes need improvements, and it's easier to see those things when you have the whole picture. So, I want to get a big chunk of the first draft editing done before returning to posing.

That's all.
Cheers

Mar 1, 2019
View attachment 2240872
Weekly report 136

Hi, everybody.
I hope you've had a great week. Here's a summary of our work last week:

Chestnut:
The bulk of Chestnut's work was doing arms and facial expressions for Percy. He's going to be involved in a few important scenes in the update and has plenty of gestures. Additionally, she worked on cutscenes, one of which we posted here, and created several assets for another more elaborate event (see this video for a teaser).

Pistachio:
I posed scenes from Gomira's' first quest, wrote new dialogues for a repeatable event that'll happen in the Old Capital, debugged, and spent the rest of my time going through the text and editing and polishing them before each posing session (including deciding if they work or not).

Next week's plan:
Next week, Chestnut wants to finish her work on Percy and shift her focus to designing other story-related sprites.
I'll probably be doing more editing work next week since although my current approach of editing+posing has the advantage of moving things along, I have found that some scenes need improvements, and it's easier to see those things when you have the whole picture. So, I want to get a big chunk of the first draft editing done before returning to posing.

That's all.
Cheers
Have you considered adding sound to the sex scenes and some clothed sex scenes. Amazing game and progress so far. Animations are very smooth and satisfying to watch and the visuals/sound in general.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well.

master861

Nov 4, 2022
I found the game and the animations so far good only that is not that good is the animation if ther going that looks like the fly ,
but maybe that is because it is are 2d game not sure , and would it not be easer to but that imgs in are rpa achive?

Hoey

Oct 8, 2018
Oof, a baby and 2 people making games, try to sleep well and I wish you the best guys, I took care of my little nephew while I was in my 1st year of uni(his mother was also busy with law school) and it was pure hell sleeping for 5 hours a day.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes