HarryFlash

Aug 4, 2019
Oh if only someone could have predicted the whinging going on in this thread after 10 months of development.
This is why I suggested this update should have been split in two. It's not that they're taking things slow, it's taking so long because it's got more tasks then any other update they've ever done.
As for the bitching about using the patreon money to speed up development. They already have a jobs page on their website and a link to it on their patreon. They've been looking for a sketch artist to help speed up the art tasks since they started the 0.7 development. As far as I'm aware that position still hasn't been filled. Of course getting a second artist that can mimic Pistachios style is going to be a hard job to fill.
Anyway they very clearly aren't milking things as they've always delivered every time they've released an update. As for us pirate's, we'll just have to be patient as the next update won't be out for a long time yet.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Oh if only someone could have predicted the whinging going on in this thread after 10 months of development.
This is why I suggested this update should have been split in two. It's not that they're taking things slow, it's taking so long because it's got more tasks then any other update they've ever done.
As for the bitching about using the patreon money to speed up development. They already have a jobs page on their website and a link to it on their patreon. They've been looking for a sketch artist to help speed up the art tasks since they started the 0.7 development. As far as I'm aware that position still hasn't been filled. Of course getting a second artist that can mimic Pistachios style is going to be a hard job to fill.
Anyway they very clearly aren't milking things as they've always delivered every time they've released an update. As for us pirate's, we'll just have to be patient as the next update won't be out for a long time yet.
They used to do that, and their supporters voted NOT to do that. They are giving their supporters what they asked for. They wanted full arcs, not partial teases (like with early parts).

DD_King

Apr 20, 2020
lol, that explains it. A butthurt guy who can't understand why a happily married couple who are making 9k monthly while comfortably working on their dream project don't need the help of a nobody with a 'vision'.
wtf how do you come up with these shit conclusions wash your brain

mojolookout

Jul 11, 2018
LOL. So true.... Glad somebody said it.

Anyway, there seems to be a sweet spot on patreon support where the developer is encouraged to progress the game. Once the number of supporters pass that sweet spot, development slows down as the developer realizes "Hey, they keep paying even if i work only half an hour a week on this, i just have to make up some bullshit tasks that i did, that alone will take me 15 minutes of it. The rest of the week i´ll just relax or do other jobs.Ha, my simps and gaslighters will bend over backwards with excuses for me".

Well whatever job or hobby or whatever i picked up, i am getting way faster and efficient in what i do, doing the tasks in maybe half the time that i needed before. I honestly think if the developer would work like the gaslighters here think they do (and the developer implies with the weekly updates), the game updates would come in 3 month cycles.

The patreons pay this developer to slow down on every update - LoL. (I know.... bla bla bla, patreons voted for 2 years update cycle, and then for 3 years, 5 years etc. because the updates are so huuuuuuuge) :-D

It´s a shame though this game was my favourite on this site, but after the long updates i lost interest in it and also my will to financially support them. I didn´t even play the 0.6 update, never would have thought.

The good thing is i found a game that is head and shoulders classes above WaL in absolutely every aspect - its like difference from a pixelindiegame to the MassEffectTrilogy. Some of the the scenes are in such amazing quality i wouldn´t have thought is possible in these kind of games - packed with WTF moments. And the most funny thing.......this developer (should call himself Bioware of EroticGames) updates every month what WaL doesn´t in a year!!!
Hey man, what's this amazing game that you found?

RoamingZone

Feb 1, 2020
Hey man, what's this amazing game that you found?
More than likely it doesn't exist case in point if it did I don't see why keep it a "secret", If a 2d game that is better than WAL existed and was shared in F95 you probably would see it it the home page of the forum. Been quite a few months since I touched this particular forum and seriously most of this horny ass tennagers need to chill out. They had a baby a huge responsability and more than likely their more important thing at the moment, your own blood will always matter more than anything else. Forgive me if I end up mixing their names but chestnut is the artist and the female that just a few months ago brought a life to this world so its understandable that things are going slower than usual. To me I have always though that the artistic side of a project takes more time than the coding part due to my own knowledge of the latter, If the case was reversed and Pistachio was the artist and not chestnut probably things would be different but it is what it is. In the end lets just hope that after this update things go back to "normal" 7 to 8 months per update.

RoamingZone

Feb 1, 2020
You got the names wrong and updates won't go back down in time : 0.6 took 10 months and 0.7 will probably go past a year. And 0.7 is for a "low-tier" girl, highly doubt they'll make a smaller update for "main girls" like Goldenbush or the likes compared to 0.7, or the remainder of the main route. People saying otherwise are delusional (unless they hire 4-5 new dudes, which won't happen either)
Yeah been quite some time since a saw a weekly update so I didn't remember their names correctly I'm afraid, hopefully I made my point even if the information was borked by my own bad memory. And about the update times well as long as they don't take a full year each I'm good with that, a dude can dream in the end.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019

I don't really think it matters if the update is split or not. I've said this many times but people who are complaining about the game development speed area always going to complain no matter what and most of them go to other threads and complain about the exact same thing. People want large updates that usually take months to make in the span of a single month or two and just have general unrealistic expectations. The majority of the people following and supporting the game don't actually care and I'm used to games on this site taking a while to update. As long as devs regularly post status update and evidence that they are still working on the game I think most people are fine. It's just a vocal minority whining about the development speed and most of them aren't patrons anyway, so it's not like they actually have anything to lose regardless of how long the update takes.

HarryFlash

Aug 4, 2019
I don't really think it matters if the update is split or not. I've said this many times but people who are complaining about the game development speed area always going to complain no matter what and most of them go to other threads and complain about the exact same thing. People want large updates that usually take months to make in the span of a single month or two and just have general unrealistic expectations. The majority of the people following and supporting the game don't actually care and I'm used to games on this site taking a while to update. As long as devs regularly post status update and evidence that they are still working on the game I think most people are fine. It's just a vocal minority whining about the development speed and most of them aren't patrons anyway, so it's not like they actually have anything to lose regardless of how long the update takes.
For this update it won't matter as they already committed to a completed route. But for future updates they should consider breaking up the story if the planned content is going to exceed a year to create.
Another thing that annoys me, is every time I recommend a split in a story somebody mentions "but we want large updates". Look this update has a 40% increase in art tasks. Had they been looking to release a part 1 in gomiras route right now (progress tracker is currently around 50%). It would be a large update.
I know another argument people will put to me is that "this is what the patreons voted for". But I suspect the reason they announced they would be working 7 days a week from now on. Is because they are probably getting a little heat from some of their patreons right now regarding the update progress.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I'm suspecting the increment in art tasks won't mean a larger update, just a more complex one in terms of art design -something that I'm afraid many of those 'project management experts' around here won't be able to comprehend. Devs have mentioned they were aiming for a more cinematic vibe and action packed scenes, and that's just harder to, which means more tasks. But I don't believe that the whole update will be effectively larger than the previous ones, as there are only 2 quests planned instead of 3. I'm sure that this will bring new complains when the update comes out, so why face that backlash twice by releasing those 2 quests separately. While it would provide some relief for the most impatient fans, it would most likely feel really short for the time spent -again, at least for those who only measure their satisfaction in terms of playtime and can't see the work needed to create this kind of art.

The 7 days work schedule is something they usually do when they feel they are falling behind their own plan. Don't forget that, even though they won't share any deadlines, they actually have them at internal level as you can infere from their weekly reports. This development cycle has been pretty eventful and time has past way faster than in the previous ones, so I guess they just realized they should start pushing themselves a bit sooner than usual. But I don't think their patrons are pressuring them at all. From time to time in their Discord there's always some non-paying fans asking why is taking so much time, but that's no real pressure. Devs are smart enough to take actions before patrons get really annoyed, and rest assured that they are the most interested in getting the update done asap.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Not to mention there was that gender swap in Rose's arc. The size change in the fairy arc, Rose, and so on...

Last edited:
Reactions: chenerba and cdf86
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes