Kas96

Jul 15, 2021
Well, a forum is there to discuss things. So if members chime in and say "Hey, I think they could need some help, progress seems to happen slow given the amount of money they get pledged", then that's a legit topic to discuss.

And what I often see here, is that others users who feel like their personal very own project just got attacked jump in, defending the developers in their absence, suggesting that everything they do is perfect - the best it could be - and that there's no room for improvement. According to these posts no dev ever is relaxing on the huge loads of money they make through Patreon each month, and they all strive to end that great time of their life asap by finishing their project.

So this discussion wasn't about if they're doing it "wrong", or if they're secretly evil, or scamming their audience. It was about whether they use the 90k they got in the past 10 months efficiently enough to speed up development, or if they take it to make themselves a good life and just work slow and enjoy the trust and patience from their audience.

If it works for them, it works. People are pledging by free will. I didn't judge that, I never made a statement whether that's ethically correct or not. The only thing I stated is that given they didn't release anything for 90k in the past 10 months, they could certainly benefit from some help to speed up things.

Maybe I or you or another user would also do things slow with this amount of money and enjoy all the free time. In the end, if people are willing to fund it that way, you're lucky.

But people who read this thread are still potential customers / pledgers, so their opinion is valid, even if this is a pirate website. And their concerns are also legit. For some it works this way, for others it's too slow, it's fine to express or discuss that.
Funny and the same time it's the most cases in max VN , but difference is that all dev is not as smart as this dev, he don't use any mean things to audience but some general words can hurt to the troller.. Now come to the work, as we all know that the 2d game usually take more time than 3d, as it's 2d means to be hand drawing first, i don't know what he prefers, and the truth is his artwork is just Awesome, nobody can deny it! But taking so much time and without giving the value of income you are getting is not okay in general ( this applicable for all vn), some people would say it's milking, but in this case i will not, dev is most consistent in devlog and in discord for communication BUT these general "FAN" who don't contribute anything, will come to here to download the game, will defend the dev blindly is called diabolical Bootlicker.... He could hire someone to speed it up, but he doesn't, why should he when he noticed no one is attacking him, not questioning him for his delay, everybody accept the reason for the delay even it sounds silly to a smart people.... At the end of the day I'm not saying, he is not working hard, he is working very hard and making things very transparent, which most dev don't! And I AM excited for the update, i really like his work! But I'm not a bootlicker, i can say dev don't want things go fast, he is comfortable as things going....

Last edited:

DD_King

Apr 20, 2020
the game is really well made just has small dev team and lazy in my opinion but if you w8 after 1 year if they finsh teh game it will be compelitly worth your money
will this game be on steam if yes i would buy it?
the game is very well made just has small dev team and lazy in my opinion but if you w8 after 1 year if they finish the game it will be completely worth your money

Reactions: jvm2001

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
oh sorry i only looked at the convieniend progress tracker, i guessed the dev would update the progress tracker if he is activ
They aren't active there, so you either need to follow the thread and look for the weekly progress updates or take a look at the progress tracker on their patreon page, where is always updated and free to see for everyone.

Reactions: TheDevian

daniel330

Aug 20, 2022
so here we have 3 people working on this game and the updates are so slow because there are not many people working on the game so that's why we have slow updates.

• Angry
Reactions: Marine74

KingBea

Jul 26, 2017
Poll - World Locations
Hi, everybody.
With each update, we make the World of our game a little bigger, and although that usually takes the form of new background locations, we also have other towns and cities on the World map to unlock gradually. Although what will be added depends on the character we're working on, we're curious to learn what our patrons like to see first.
So:
What cities/towns seen on the World map would you like to see next?
A few points:
  • This poll's purpose is to give us what World map locations our patrons look forward to the most. It will not help us determine the next town/city to be unlocked (those depend on which character/story wins content polls).
  • Since this poll will not directly impact our plans (unlike content polls), all patrons can take part in it regardless of membership tiers.
  • We have not set an end date, so new patrons can also participate in the poll.
  • You can choose as many options as you like.
The world map:
1683914822504.png

What we know about the different cities so far:

• Pixie Town is somewhere near Bowl Town (mentioned in Maple's update).
  • There are feathery creatures in Floa Town (from Rose's update).
  • The New Capital was built by Sev's descendants and is the biggest city in the World.
  • Rum Town, Hump Town, and the Festive Isles have not been mentioned in the game.
Lastly, feel free to use the comments section to explain why you selected the location(s) you picked and what you expect to find in there.

Happy voting

1683914845464.png
(Current Standings)

KingBea

Jul 26, 2017
1683935857318.png
Weekly report 157
Hi, everybody.
First of all, if you haven't checked it out yet, we posted a poll today to find out what World locations our patrons are more interested in seeing. Since this poll will not directly determine future updates' content, all patrons can participate.

Now the report:
Chestnut:
She focused on two things. First, she finished another new background. Second, she began work on a new map for a town that will be unlocked in 0.7. She still needs to finish a few of the buttons in this map (corresponding to different stories/content we have planned), but it looks beautiful and exciting so far.

Pistachio:
I spent two days editing dialogues from the big event I've been working on. I made many improvements and changes, but I needed to take a break from it, so I spent a day going through the code, fixing the hints, the notifications, and other smaller but necessary tasks. For the past few days, I've been working on the scene again and getting several dialogues (of various lengths) posed. There's more to pose, but I still believe I can attain my goal of finishing the first quest by the end of May.

What's next?
Chestnut will complete the map and likely start another background.
I want to work on the event that has had me busy these past weeks and advance as much as possible.

That's all, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes