destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Honestly Patreon & Early Access on Steam are so heavily abused, a better system is needed... Both platforms tend to result in a whole hell of a lot of devs releasing a cool alpha prototype that they worked their ass off on, but then they start getting money and magically lose motivation to develop at the same pace and quality they were operating on to create the initial release.

Patreon in particular is such a bad system... it incentivizes devs to drag out game production if you think about it. Imagine if you hired a contractor to redo your kitchen, and instead of saying I will pay you $30k for the job, you said "I will pay you $1,000 per day of work" ... can you imagine what would happen? Yeah they would take fucking forever to finish the job. It's human nature.

To be clear I am not saying that is necessarily the case with this dev - I am not familiar enough with this particular game and dev to suggest that, but it is very clearly what has happened with a lot of these games.

I think a far better system would be something like, determine a fair price for the WHOLE GAME when complete, say $50 or $100 or whatever. Then split that up into X number of releases. Suppose we said the final game price was $50, and the number of releases will be 10. Develop a roadmap showing what will come in each chunk. Then as each version is released, the dev gets a payment for that release (in this case $5 per customer.) But of course Patreon and similar systems are not set up that way, because just like the devs, they just make more money the longer the process drags out because they are getting a % cut.
I agree tbh, but this game is well made and the devs are decent people so talking patreon turns into massive arguments.

It's a difficult concept to talk about because people get heavily defensive over anything Patreon, it's a touchy subject. The general defenses are that you're not paying for a product, you're supporting an artist like patron kings of old (lmao), and that you have the choice to not support and yada yada yada. I used to agree with that viewpoint for the longest time but seeing as there is a nigh uncountable amount of unfinished and never-to-be-finished projects chugging along for years, the Patreon model has seemingly proven that it is inherently flawed at least for software solutions in its incentivization of never finishing your promised project.

Scope creep, development hell and such are punished in a normal release. You lose money every second you're spending making something after all. Patreon reverses all that once you reach a certain level of sustainable income. You have literal 0 incentive to finish a game. And I doubt Patreon will ever change with how popular it has proven.

Sep 14, 2023
Why would you pay for something you aren't guaranteed you are getting?
Are we still complaining about the long update? You pay because you want to support the authors, and they make this game because they like to make it, as a thank you to all the games they already played.

And if you support them, you get your name added, you get to make an avatar, and you get to join polls for which girl the next update should be. And unfortunately you also got the select that the next update be a lot bigger, which of course takes a lot longer.

And fi you don't have the money or don't want to, then don't support them. Nobody is forcing you. And you still get to play the game when the next update comes out. Not happy about it, good bye...

DemiMaximoff

Jun 10, 2018
I can't believe how good the art for this game is. I wish I Chestnut had other socials where I could look at her other work. But I guess she doesn't want to connect her actual identity to this game, hence the pseudonym.

Reactions: Finuee
Sep 14, 2023
I can't believe how good the art for this game is. I wish I Chestnut had other socials where I could look at her other work. But I guess she doesn't want to connect her actual identity to this game, hence the pseudonym.
They have kids, those kids and family. Do you want the school in the future to know about their activities? Do you want everyone in the family to know about this ?

Maybe if the like the game its okay, but just imagine half the family are prudes...

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Forget the family, imagine what the poor kids would go through IN SCHOOL. Yeah hell no. That's right up there with your friends finding out your mom does onlyfans, lol.

Reactions: Calvar
Sep 14, 2023
I finally understand it, they wait so long for the update, that most forgot the game, and want to play it again, when we finally get to see the new update. Making us having even more fun... (And not complaining about the small update).

DemiMaximoff

Jun 10, 2018
Guys, does this game have background musics for every screen? For me, it doesn't. In the map screen, there's music. Most other places, just birds chirping and stuff. Is this how this game is for everyone?

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes