destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Name ONE game on this website that was finished, that had yearly updates. Milfy city doesn't count because it's a joke. ONE game. ONE. Can you do it?

If not, then perhaps you should leave too...

(y)
As much as I love this game, I don't see wal surviving for a decade, and a decade is what it needs to even come close to finishing the game at this point. The map is massive, the character cast is massive, and each one needs a year to do. It's not happening.

bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
I actually share your pessimism about the game's long-term survival probability. I'm mostly here for the ride and hoping to sustain something for a while - I mean, I do like the devs and I'm happy with their relative transparency. But I completely appreciate how people who see Patreon as paying for a product would likely do better staying away from many games in general, and this one as a particular example.

Kaerad

Sep 8, 2023
As much as I love this game, I don't see wal surviving for a decade, and a decade is what it needs to even come close to finishing the game at this point. The map is massive, the character cast is massive, and each one needs a year to do. It's not happening.
Town of Passion. I think 90% of the developers only do those games to get money. Making games for money isn't a problem, but do games only for the money is pretty fucked

Reactions: taygr10 and Lovv99

ScionDayne

Jun 2, 2022
Name ONE game on this website that was finished, that had yearly updates. Milfy city doesn't count because it's a joke. ONE game. ONE. Can you do it?

If not, then perhaps you should leave too...

(y)
I mean they can't because all of this is really just about half efforts. Starting something and not having the fortitude to see it through. There are some big projects that have potential though.

Generally either they create them as it's a passion project in which case the problem any artist faces is boredom working on the same thing. This first issue is actually a much much bigger problem than people understand because often times the devs themselves aren't forward thinking enough to comprehend where their mind set will be during the later parts of the timeline. They often want to pivot into something else they believe is a better effort but that's obviously not what the fans want. That's when you start to see the excuses pop up... because their hearts just aren't in it anymore.

Then there's the devs that just want to milk something for money but don't put in the effort.

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if we have AIs powerful enough to finish the game however we want at an equal quality than what the game offers before the game is released. At one update every year and a half, that's beyond slow.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I think a major factor problem is that they are clearly perfectionists. They could probably produce something 95% as good in 50% of the time. Plus there's just the two of them doing everything themselves, unlike most games that seem to rely heavily on standard art packages such as Honey Select.

Reactions: TREXrg
Sep 14, 2023
We can't see the future, we can only hope. But they got 2 kids now, not sure if time is gone go easier on them. Being sick, can come back a lot.

Of course I'm not sure after this update, if people really want longer updates. But we will see in the next poll.

We can only hope for the best.

Reactions: TREXrg

Lovv99

Aug 25, 2020
If people get 1 update per year (Even longer), then what is the point of patreon? just charge people when it will be released. Why this devs have so many subscribers?

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Still loving the game, and I just satisfy my impulses with others until this one comes out, with the number of games here with staggered releases there is plenty to fill time with.

The art and story are great, and it's not an issue to wait for the next version, since we aren't paying. Those who are, seem ok with it, if not they can unsubscribe anytime.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
The survival of every game depends on how much money it makes, i'm pretty sure that's the case with this game too so it's hard to say how the game will look in 10 years.

The problem is that every update seems to get longer and longer with every new release and i doubt people would enjoy waiting more and more every single time.

But i kind of agree with you, at the speed this game goes i don't see it ever getting finished and 10 years is a long mark that would most likely won't get it.

gnub33

Jul 1, 2021
The survival of every game depends on how much money it makes, i'm pretty sure that's the case with this game too so it's hard to say how the game will look in 10 years.

The problem is that every update seems to get longer and longer with every new release and i doubt people would enjoy waiting more and more every single time.

But i kind of agree with you, at the speed this game goes i don't see it ever getting finished and 10 years is a long mark that would most likely won't get it.
And burn out is a thing. They might treat as. 9-5 job now (idk) but creative work is grueling. Especially on a potentially never ending project. Could you imagine if JK was still writing Harry Potter books for more money? Passion dried up in pursuit of income. Even JRR Martin seems to be done with his series.
Their family will get older and the need for money will arise. Stress from that and fans complaining about the slow progress can’t feel good. Maybe they should expand their team. Even if they never finish, the fans can be drip fed content at a more reasonable pace.
Honestly as long as I have something to play every few months, I ok. Not great but I wouldn’t feel like I’m wasting money supporting the project.

btw, not to be a downer but look at what happened duskyhollows. I’m sure nobody wants any trouble in the devs relationship. But it’s a rare couple who can work professionally together for a long time. I hope they make it.

BigDilly48

Jul 17, 2020
It's this game and I think Ocean's games like Summer's Gone and WIAB that I see there being a decent chance of still being worked on in a decade from now (if they continue to do so).

Reactions: danvegas
Sep 14, 2023
It's this game and I think Ocean's games like Summer's Gone and WIAB that I see there being a decent chance of still being worked on in a decade from now (if they continue to do so).
I rather have new updates, Summer's Gone hasn't had a progress in story for a long time, even the last update was just a rework of the first few chapters.

Reactions: Sunakujiro
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes