Dec 21, 2021
I don't have anything to add other than I'm looking forward to the update in a few months. Holly is my favorite so I'm eagerly awaiting the next update. If it's this massive it's going to be great.

Reactions: TheDevian

ogapetape

Mar 25, 2020
If the update is massive: win.

If the update is the same size or smaller than the previous: devs have some questions to answer.

I think that's a fair reasoning. Until then, I'm in the wait and see camp.

tciewife

Oct 21, 2021
i don't understand why those game come with satisfying content in their first months, like multiple characters, scenes, locations, and then they stop and only update once a year or less, with limited content. Is it just to milk patreon money? I don't understand how it can take so long for one path on one character, when they already did 5-10 characters. Did they take 10 years to release their first version?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
If the update is massive: win.

If the update is the same size or smaller than the previous: devs have some questions to answer.
Why? While this does seem like it will be bigger than any other, even if it is not, they have been more then clear about why this one is taking longer. I know a lot of devs, and I don't know many who are more upfront and consistent communicators than they are.

Sep 14, 2023
I don't have anything to add other than I'm looking forward to the update in a few months. Holly is my favorite so I'm eagerly awaiting the next update. If it's this massive it's going to be great.
I think this game is great, I don't have any favorite, every update made the next girl my favorite. So I'm looking forward to how the green monster is dealt with. I don't really like her, have not much hope for it. We will see if they manage to make her my next favorite again...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I think this game is great, I don't have any favorite, every update made the next girl my favorite. So I'm looking forward to how the green monster is dealt with. I don't really like her, have not much hope for it. We will see if they manage to make her my next favorite again...
From what little we saw, I think her story will be fun. Depends on what options we get of course, but that one scene showed us some pretty interesting things about her.

Reactions: SisterFucker3099

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
i don't understand why those game come with satisfying content in their first months, like multiple characters, scenes, locations, and then they stop and only update once a year or less, with limited content. Is it just to milk patreon money? I don't understand how it can take so long for one path on one character, when they already did 5-10 characters. Did they take 10 years to release their first version?
You don't really ?! Its a standard with this economical mode - per month donations. You put out content until you hook enough people to support you. Then lay back and do just enough content so the pay check doesn't run dry. If the support start to dry up you can bet your ass the updates will come out faster. 90 % devs are like this. And its natural why put more work when you can put less when the money are still the same. In this game's case the is not reduction in donations , hence no hurry to do work.

Sep 14, 2023
You don't really ?! Its a standard with this economical mode - per month donations. You put out content until you hook enough people to support you. Then lay back and do just enough content so the pay check doesn't run dry. If the support start to dry up you can bet your ass the updates will come out faster. 90 % devs are like this. And its natural why put more work when you can put less when the money are still the same. In this game's case the is not reduction in donations , hence no hurry to do work.
Standard, if you pay someone for a result, they will do it directly and work for it. If you pay people a small amount every month, they will relax...

Having said that, often also the case, dev has a nice idea, puts it out, and then doesn't know how to continue or finish the story. We all have nice ideas, but try to write it down, then you see you are missing a lot. And if you don't, you got talent, and can make something from it.

We can't say for sure with this one, but it's the usual, sickness, getting a kid, burn out, depression, and other personal problems, and such. Delaying development and such. I got a number of them in my own life. So I can't blame them. Losing your mojo doesn't help either. Sometimes you just sit back doing nothing, in the hope you get some inspiration, but it doesn't come, and before you know it, a year is past. Or in some cases, 10 years passed...

We can only hope it will continue, and unfortunately that takes time...

Reactions: GaRbS

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Honestly, I knew production would slow down when the devs said they just had a child. To the people who don't know what that is like-- that is essentially telling everyone that you decided to take another fulltime job on top of the production. It's exhausting and endless and there is probably going to result in updates doubling in time frames. This game is nice, but I wouldn't expect it to be a consistent source of content anymore. They made their choice and we should respect that.
Yeah. The very idea of telling someone to not have a child to continue their work is obviously dystopian and comically idiotic. In this specific circumstance however, if a 2 man wife-husband combo has a kid, that project is very obviously going to shit. You just can't. Literally can't.

I obviously respect the decision, parenthood is awesome and all. And if patrons continue to support despite all that, sure. That's their decision. The game is free anyway.

But it just, somehow does not sit right with me on some level. Patreon isn't really a bought service, it's a ""donation"", sure. And the devs were fully clear about what was happening. These are all the justifications.

STILL, it feels like the devs in the back of their minds if not consciously so relied on the patrons being overly generous to take the path they did, which is what I find unethical. I'm convinced that they knew they could just simply not release shit for a while and just be fine, F95 is a big place. They have a thousand examples to see.

Cool, I guess. I know many parents that have 0 time for their child. They will be one of the very few that will have the time to look after their kid. I just don't think they were entirely well intentioned in the way they went about it.

bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
An additional reason I seldom see mentioned is that new developers are eager to get something out really quickly, even if it's just a prologue or a proof of concept. If there's enough interest, they might start developing "proper" episodes. And that takes more time, obviously. Then, as they try something that takes more time and effort, and that also gets well received, they'll want to do even more next update - and so on.

I think this is a fairly natural tendency for most developers, actually - the trend is fairly common for cashgrabbers and really productive devs alike.

Reactions: SisterFucker3099
Sep 14, 2023
An additional reason I seldom see mentioned is that new developers are eager to get something out really quickly, even if it's just a prologue or a proof of concept. If there's enough interest, they might start developing "proper" episodes. And that takes more time, obviously. Then, as they try something that takes more time and effort, and that also gets well received, they'll want to do even more next update - and so on.

I think this is a fairly natural tendency for most developers, actually - the trend is fairly common for cashgrabbers and really productive devs alike.
I also have many ideas, when I read certain stories, I get new ideas, but the amount of extra effort to make a story good, prevents my ideas from ever becoming a finished product.

I wish I had more insight into the minds of those 2 devs here, seeing the layout map, which is really big, I would suggest they already laid out in broad terms, which and how many girls and what there powers would be. Of course you still need time, to come up with some puzzles and graphics.

It's at least a lot better, than some games like summer's gone, where the developer spends months improving old chapters because he wasn't really happy with the result. Of course it's nice, but we don't get to see any real new content, more people put out negative reviews, the dev will probably never finish the product in the end...

Reactions: Yakis0ba

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I also have many ideas, when I read certain stories, I get new ideas, but the amount of extra effort to make a story good, prevents my ideas from ever becoming a finished product.

I wish I had more insight into the minds of those 2 devs here, seeing the layout map, which is really big, I would suggest they already laid out in broad terms, which and how many girls and what there powers would be. Of course you still need time, to come up with some puzzles and graphics.
I just don't know how they could be more open. They already give you a progress chart, and a weekly log, of what they did, and what they plan to do the next week. They are basically the most transparent devs I have ever seen here.

Nightguy1

May 29, 2022
Cant really blame the devs I guess they took the risk and now get the reward. They can make money and make time for all their personal obligations before work its a great spot to be in for them but that means this project is now beyond any reasonable expectations for completion.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I just don't know how they could be more open. They already give you a progress chart, and a weekly log, of what they did, and what they plan to do the next week. They are basically the most transparent devs I have ever seen here.
People would need a 24h live feed from their home to watch them work (and take care of their children) to assess their efficiency and work rate, and even then someone would say they are the ultimate milkers because they were slacking last Tuesday's evening. It's a lost case anyway.

Sep 14, 2023
I'm not saying anything bad about them. That's not what I was asking for either. I read what they are doing. And follow it. I meant, I was looking for the story about the world they created, the preparation before they started making this game. In their patreon, I found all the polls they held for every character, like what she should blowjob/handjob, and how she should look, shaved, this that.

I mean the story before, how it got started. I remember reading something as a thank you to the community for all the fun games they played.

But I was looking for the story about how they created the world before the first quest.

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
There are ofc the other 10 % of devs who actually place deadlines on their own work. Like Desiresfm. If the dude does meet a deadline he freezes miking until he puts out some content. Much rather pay people like him. And having a child is not an excuse. Many people have families and other obligations in their lives , but doesn't men they stop working now do they ?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I'm not saying anything bad about them. That's not what I was asking for either. I read what they are doing. And follow it. I meant, I was looking for the story about the world they created, the preparation before they started making this game. In their patreon, I found all the polls they held for every character, like what she should blowjob/handjob, and how she should look, shaved, this that.

I mean the story before, how it got started. I remember reading something as a thank you to the community for all the fun games they played.

But I was looking for the story about how they created the world before the first quest.
Got ya, yeah. I love stuff like that too. World building, both inside and out, is really interesting to me, but I am a world builder, so... XD

Reactions: rKnight

bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
There are ofc the other 10 % of devs who actually place deadlines on their own work. Like Desiresfm. If the dude does meet a deadline he freezes miking until he puts out some content. Much rather pay people like him. And having a child is not an excuse. Many people have families and other obligations in their lives , but doesn't men they stop working now do they ?
These devs routinely refund people who think the update takes too much time.

"having a child is not an excuse"

Yes, yes it is. In fact, it's an excellent excuse. Being pregnant, giving birth, nursing and taking care of a baby (plus another child) takes a serious toll on most people's productivity. I think you may be confusing "having" a child as in "becoming a parent" with "having" a child as in "being a parent". The first few years of a child's life is normally significantly harder on the parents' work-life balance than the ones after that.

"doesn't men they stop working now do they ?"

Correct! They haven't stopped working.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes