Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
Now you're just doing the same as the previous dude & judging these devs on other dev's behaviour.
That's fundamentally flawed.

It doesn't matter if it's happened elsewhere, it only matters if it's happening here & the evidence shows that it's not
i can't say yes or no lets judge after the update

Jul 8, 2021
For Christ's sake, what a toxic thread. I just gave my 2 cents, I don't usually talk about these things because it's pretty pointless, and again, I also had expectations for this game. Do whatever you want, guys.
Just relax, man. As I said, it's three same people who religiously defend the devs. The general opinion is on your side. The game is good, maybe we will see the light of the update in a year or so

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Just relax, man. As I said, it's three same people who religiously defend the devs. The general opinion is on your side. The game is good, maybe we will see the light of the update in a year or so
I will admit that I was hoping preggo content would be added before the game reached this stage, a real disappointment.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I will admit that I was hoping preggo content would be added before the game reached this stage, a real disappointment.
Pregnancy was always said to be added at the very lasts stages of development.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
considering there is a humongous pattern with NSFW games in general, it is a reasonable judgment. Sorry but people been fucked over a lot over the last what... 10 years? By various devs so they have the right complain.
No, they do not "have the right to complain" about devs who haven't done it. Only about those who have.
Again, judge these devs on their behaviour, not the behaviour of others.

That level of baseless assumption is closer to paranoia, than it is to being "a reasonable judgement".

Last edited:

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
Then they can all scuttle back into their holes for a few months, before it all begins again.
if by "scuttle back into their holes" you mean spend weeks whining about the update being either too short or not focused on the character they wanted (whining which will last right until the "update taking too long, devs are scammers" cries pick up again)

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
For everyone interested, here is the Dev's last comment on Discord after a quite polite inquiry about the way they have handled this update cycle (basically, this user asked them why didn't hire more people, or didn't pause pledges, or announced that the update wouldn't be ready in the next, say, 3 months or so):

Hey.
  1. I have outlined the reasons for why I prefer not to add members to the team. In summary, if I thought doing so would magically speed things up while making sure the project is still fun for us, I would do it, but in the first place, I don't think things are as simple, and I'm fairly certain even with more team members, I would still have to spend a lot of time coordinating things (or waiting for deliveries); that's part of the problem, making WaL is challenging and that could be very difficult mentally -- the one thing that drives me is that I like making it (I like writing the dialogues, posing them, and trying to make things as fun and sexy as I can). which leads to the second point: if my job becomes more managerial, I don't think I'd like doing it.
The one advantage of having more team members is that they can mitigate the risk of life events slowing down the development, and if I thought events like the ones that happened last year were common occurrences, then I would consider it, but I don't think that's the case.
  1. Why did we not pause Patreon even though our work was impacted by real life events? here's the main reason (in addition to what CGNefarious said about talking with patrons -- I don't remember if it was done through a poll or a post where I asked people to comment and respond): pausing the patreon would have effectively given us a permission to pause the development which with everything that was going on then, I believe, would have brought the project to a halt. I remember that since after having the baby and going through two surgeries we knew our work would be impacted, I offered refunds to patrons in a Patreon post, but aside from that, we decided to just work as many hours as we could every day because we didn't want to see this project stop (our dream is to plan the 1.0 version), hoping that with time, the number of hours we could dedicate to work every day would increase (it has, not to the pre-baby levels, but things definitely have improved).
Also, we're self-employed, and if I pause Patreon, eventually one or both of us will have to start looking for work elsewhere, which will make the project go even slower.
  1. I don't think it is necessary to specify whether there's going to be a release or not. Since 0.1 I have posted a daily progress tracker, and if that's not a clear indication of whether an update is imminent or not, I don't know what is. Now more specifically about "are you happy with the way you navigated last 18 months of progress?" That's harder to answer. Would I have liked to release the update sooner (for so many reasons)? yes, and so far as I have failed to do that, I'm of course not happy with the way things are. But I'm happy with the work overall for two reasons, one of them I just mentioned above, namely that things are improving (both my health, and the baby's challenges), meaning that I can imagine a future that I look back and think "thank fucking goodness that's over", and second, because I have done every thing I can to work as many hours a day as possible. That means not taking weekends off and working through the night (to maximize the number of hours I can work) for so many months, I don't remember the last time my life was 'normal'. That's me, and I know Chestnut has had a similar experience (she's less active on Discord for a reason: she's very busy with the children on top of her work).
You guys are free to call bullshit but I'd like to remember once again these devs' track record for the last 3 years regarding transparency and the amount of content released.

Jul 8, 2021
For everyone interested, here is the Dev's last comment on Discord after a quite polite inquiry about the way they have handled this update cycle (basically, this user asked them why didn't hire more people, or didn't pause pledges, or announced that the update wouldn't be ready in the next, say, 3 months or so):

You guys are free to call bullshit but I'd like to remember once again these devs' track record for the last 3 years regarding transparency and the amount of content released.
What a nice user who asked that question. I bet he is an awesome guy and has huge genitalia

• Haha
Reactions: Finuee

evilman3

Nov 11, 2019
My prediction - the update will come out this year and abandoned afterwards, while people slowly realize that a year and a half of waiting for two hours of content was not worth it. Such a shame as well, the art is gorgeous and the idea is nice, but I just can't see how such an ambitious project with devs refusing to hire more people
Agreed and it will be because of burnout. If the dev has spent weekends and nights working on this game for so long that he doesn't "remember the last time my life was 'normal'", then it's probably finished after this update because they're gonna wanna take a break.

Or maybe they'll switch to shorter more manageable updates.

• Angry
Reactions: Simbad-sea

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
Agreed and it will be because of burnout. If the dev has spent weekends and nights working on this game for so long that he doesn't "remember the last time my life was 'normal'", then it's probably finished after this update because they're gonna wanna take a break.

that is only if you think what they say is actually true :KEK:

Sep 26, 2021

I don't understand why folks keep making their games a little at a time and then release it to the public as they go. I've said this before on here and got blasted for it, but I've never played a Triple A game that was only 10% complete and had to wait months for the next 2.5% of game content. I understand they are feeling out players' perceptions before they fully commit, but imagine if TV shows, or movies worked like this? Why not just make your game, and then add DLC to the completed game after the release?

Someone tried to compare this "A little at a time model" to musicians testing unreleased songs live on crowds, but the difference is that the song has been fully written! They aren't just playing the intro guitar riff and then saying, "So... thoughts?" No, they play the entire song and then gage the audience reaction. Comedians do the same thing, but they retool and rewrite their joke based on audience response. If you will, both musicians and comedians Beta test, however, these games are not beta testing. They are writing and releasing at the same time, which inevitably leads to not being able to keep-up with demand.

But then again, the F@#$ do I know? I just like playing these games and jacking-off...

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
There is no point in arguing that updates take too much time. If you look carefully, you realize there are like three people who constantly defend developers. I noticed that updates take too much time several months ago, and the people who defended devs are the same who defend them now. They are either super fans or somehow connected to the team - either way, they will defend the developers no matter how absurdly long the development time becomes. The simple fact is that this update already took more than a year, and it is not close to completion. Who cares how much the developers make after paying taxes, what excuses they give you - the update time is not ok. This comment section is becoming toxic wasteland - people come and complain about long wait, and three white knights defend the honor of devs and will defend them if updates take another two years to complete. My prediction - the update will come out this year and abandoned afterwards, while people slowly realize that a year and a half of waiting for two hours of content was not worth it. Such a shame as well, the art is gorgeous and the idea is nice, but I just can't see how such an ambitious project with devs refusing to hire more people - whether because of greed or artistic vision - can be complete.
I am not a white knight (although I have to say I liked this part haha) nor do I know the developers personally, but I have been on their Discord channel for 2 years now and I think you are really wrong.
I have been browsing on F95 for 2 years now. It's not a long time, but I think it's enough time to get to know the fauna that moves around here. There are developers of absolutely all shapes and colors: Lazy, inspired, hard working, ghosts, people who take developing as a hobby and even entrepreneurs.
MagicNuts has made mistakes. They are 2 people working on something they have never done before and have left their job to do something that inspires them. And yet, they have worked practically every day on the game even if they have been sick or taking care of their children (you can easily check it in their progress tracks), and working better or worse, at least they are honest with what they are doing.

The game is free, as CountMorado would say in Sts, and you don't need to pay for the game with your patience.
Will the game be abandoned? Probably not. There are many people who love and support this game, although we know they need help. This is not the first and will not be the last Discord discussion about hiring someone. But even if it comes out only one update a year (also unlikely because it's not the same situation anymore), it will still be better to support people who are transparent with what they are doing and bring games that are really worthwhile.

There have been many people here who have profited by making good games and then disappeared. MagicNuts could have done it a long time ago, but they have always been honest and have come forward if people have asked them.
Darkcookie has also been brave, and I'm sure that's why people continue to support him despite the waiting time. But the clear difference between these two is that the first one has always published EVERYTHING that happened around the project day after day. No lies.

So why the merciless criticism? There are very few developers who act as good as MagicNuts. We should take care of people who work and do things honestly even if they make mistakes. We all make mistakes.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes