Sep 26, 2021
Oh, we are running off topic and before a mod goes angry we better "slow down", sorry to put a lid on our fun.
Well, i admit i have less knowledge about the music world, my info is based on talks with a lot of musician during our own sound recording in the studios. As far as i understood lately their work is more and more commission work, the label decides what the musician has to prepare. Just remember how much (good) songs get refused by a Label. Of course there are famous musician who could do their stuff but the mainstream musician is somehow caged. The end-consumer gets the songs like processed food. OK, this impression could be total wrong but that's how i was told.
So let go back to the original posts, to compare music dev with games i would say music is more equal to triple a or a complete release of a game where the dev is done in background. With the games here we have different approaches, some like WAL are more like comic or TV series, some others are more like seeing the development ( like the pre-stage "written, storyboard, filmed, edited" ). Lol, and of course there are games like "wtf is the dev doing". But never forget, the devs here are normally not professionals (e.g. WAL is the first game of the "nuts").
Only with short comics you could afford a full release, for longer comics (and TV series) you create something like a framework and fill this over time (hehe similar to WAL). So no complete release, normally you send only few chapters/shows to the publisher and during the "airing" you work on the next chapters. This type of work works like a safety feature e.g. what happens if the artist can't deliver or the consumers don't like how the art is going. There is even another buffer called "filler chapter", you get a filler when something went wrong. Lets see the worst case, the show/comic doesn't work and needed to be axed, there is still enough time to do a closure chapter.
On a side-note: I have an active manga (comic) in work, it started in 2012 and has now more than 120 chapters and hopeful will not end soon. It has changed over time, heck even during times i had to change the story slightly to be "political correct" (or whatever they will call this fad). To release it as whole at start would be impossible

Interesting perspective on how comics work. Makes sense, especially if it's an untested story/market.

I think the musicians you have dealt with are more hired guns, or hired studio musician. Studio Musicians more or less show up, get the music, play a few takes, and then F!@#$ with money in hand. HAHA. However, composers and song writers also fit what you have described. Composers and song writers tend to be employed by a label/production company to write a specific style, or piece to fit the manufactured group/band/movie/game/etc. On the other hand, artist/bands are independent and either have their music licensed, or released by a label, but function outside the constraints of the label... Well, within and outside depending on how successful their project is, or has become. Most bands now start on an indie label, which tends to give artist full range, but major labels do tend to have a stronger influence over a bands process. However, if a band has proven their worth (Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers), then they can do Whatever the F!@#4 they wish.

Reactions: Syrabert

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
Interesting perspective on how comics work. Makes sense, especially if it's an untested story/market.
no, it's not just comics, same procedure is also used in a lot's of cartoons and TV series.
Take the tv-series: When the writer guild of america went to strike, a whooping amount of over 11500 writers stopped working. Lots of series had to put on hold but because the studios had some scripts on shelf they have mitigated the effect for some time. There are also other similar occurrences, lets say a studio had big problems, so they can imediately switch to another studio.

funfact: A lot of series have already produced "the last chapter", just in case something bad happened to the series.

fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
It's the first time they have this problem, of course if the next update it's similar than yeh. Normaly they had like 1-2 updates every year, because of the shorter stories.
I mean, are we sure other updates will be shorter? Rand orc girl update required more than one year. How can we be sure that main storyline updates will be shorter? Have they said something about it?

I think that Madeline and Serena updates will be very long, maybe even longer than Gomira.

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
I mean, are we sure other updates will be shorter? Rand orc girl update required more than one year. How can we be sure that main storyline updates will be shorter? Have they said something about it?

I think that Madeline and Serena updates will be very long, maybe even longer than Gomira.
Again same story:

- normaly they had shorter updates
- they asked their patrions what the wanted, smaller updates or bigger updates (read smaller stories or bigger story).

- and patreons wanted a bigger update
- then new kid popped out
- then got hip replacement or so (I still don't understand if its kids or grandkids)

So unfortunate circumstances one after the other...

Reactions: Tir.Toran

fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
Again same story:

- normaly they had shorter updates
- they asked their patrions what the wanted, smaller updates or bigger updates (read smaller stories or bigger story).

- and patreons wanted a bigger update
- then new kid popped out
- then got hip replacement or so (I still don't understand if its kids or grandkids)

So unfortunate circumstances one after the other...
This still doesn't address if main story updates will be longer or shorter than Gomira's ones and how much time they plan to spend on the next update. A "bigger " update done in 8 month and one done in 18 months are a completely different thing.
The game is "0.6", so it will be supposedly completed in 4 updates, but there are more than 4 girls missing... next updates will be multi-girl? So even longer?

Reactions: johndoe19

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
This still doesn't address if main story updates will be longer or shorter than Gomira's ones and how much time they plan to spend on the next update. A "bigger " update done in 8 month and one done in 18 months are a completely different thing.
The game is "0.6", so it will be supposedly completed in 4 updates, but there are more than 4 girls missing... next updates will be multi-girl? So even longer?
0.6 doesn't mean it will end after 4 more updates. After 0.9 we'll get 0.10, then 0.11, and so on.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I put the scene unlocker in but there no scene select from the main menu
You need to play the game at least until you get access to the crystal ball in-game, that's where the scenes are unlocked. Note that, by installing the mod, you have lost the chance to actually play the game, as it breaks several conditions needed to progress the story as intended.

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
No idea, if you are on patreon, you get to join the pool questions, which girl you want, which location you like, which dress they should wear. And this big update was unfortunately. I can understand the next update they will do a shorter again, if I were them. I checked through the messages, but could find the pool reading the next girl.

Here some lookout:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
No idea, if you are on patreon, you get to join the pool questions, which girl you want, which location you like, which dress they should wear. And this big update was unfortunately. I can understand the next update they will do a shorter again, if I were them. I checked through the messages, but could find the pool reading the next girl.

Here some lookout:

Next update will focus on Holly, as patrons voted for her at the start of this development cycle. Considering her first quest is already completed, I'd say it will be shorter, but it has yet to be planned.

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
Next update will focus on Holly, as patrons voted for her at the start of this development cycle. Considering her first quest is already completed, I'd say it will be shorter, but it has yet to be planned.
Just a question, there isn't any penetration scene with holly, isn't there ?

I saw the wrestle repeat is just a bit of grinding...

Hope we get a real sex scene that next update then...

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Just a question, there isn't any penetration scene with holly, isn't there ?

I saw the wrestle repeat is just a bit of grinding...

Hope we get a real sex scene that next update then...
That's correct, there's no sex with her as of yet

Reactions: Bohler

DemiMaximoff

Jun 10, 2018
Visiting this thread after a long time. I can see you guys are talking about a Holly update. Is the Gomira update out then?

Grex

Mar 22, 2018
Visiting this thread after a long time. I can see you guys are talking about a Holly update. Is the Gomira update out then?
Close to finished, it may be out by the end of this month.
Next update was already chosen by the patreons in advance.

HarryFlash

Aug 4, 2019
Close to finished, it may be out by the end of this month.
Next update was already chosen by the patreons in advance.
It won't be out at the end of this month. Whenever the progress tracker reaches 100%, there's still usually 2 to 3 weeks where magicnuts spends polishing the update and looking for bugs. This time, considering how large the update is, it's not unreasonable to think that the polishing stage could take 3 to 5 weeks instead.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes