DemiMaximoff

Jun 10, 2018
In preparation of the (hopefully soon-ish) update I've replayed the whole game from start to finish today, and I must say, I'm still in absolute love with this game! All those little details, like little animations in the backgrounds, the story, the humor, the 100% bug-free UI and menus -- what's not to love about this game? The art is absolutely beautiful and gorgeous, you can tell that this game is made with a lot of passion by both developers! And it's still available for free, which blows my mind!

Let's hope the new update will be available soon, we're very close! I'm so excited for the new content :love:
The game being bug free has so much greater effect on the enjoyment factor than I would have thought. After being so accustomed to these games being kinda buggy, this feels like a proper AAA product.

Reactions: ProfN42

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
The cope has now reached "Even though this game is tagged abandoned it's not abandoned."
Well, it's true. The 18-month mark is a limit arbitrarily set by F95 staff, nothing else. If someone thinks F95 rules are what define the real situation of any game, that's their problem. As long as the game is being worked on, the game is not abandoned. And in this case the devs are still working on it and communicating their daily progress with their patrons and fans, so it's not abandoned.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Well, it's true. The 18-month mark is a limit arbitrarily set by F95 staff, nothing else. If someone thinks F95 rules are what define the real situation of any game, that's their problem. As long as the game is being worked on, the game is not abandoned. And in this case the devs are still working on it and communicating their daily progress with their patrons and fans, so it's not abandoned.
That requires common sense.
Apparently the least "common" thing on the planet. :ROFLMAO:

DredgenVayn

Oct 20, 2022
The coding is still being worked on. I posted the update to 0.7's progress. It's not abandoned. Dev is probably just extremely slow.

Reactions: moskyx

difugirt

Jun 7, 2020
What a disappointment. How many years have passed since the news about the update about Gomira. And this is the only scene I missed. The character is absolutely not interesting to me. And they still haven't released an update on it. So I understand when I come here in 3 years, and Gomira is just getting an update and the developers are just starting to post reports on the next update?

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
im just curious what happend, because after 06.0 version they really slow to make update
Most significantly, another baby happened (they already had one), which has inevitably slowed things down. There's just the two of them, a husband and wife team, with the wife doing the art and the husband doing everything else.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
The cope has now reached "Even though this game is tagged abandoned it's not abandoned."
The game gets abandoned in case the dev has cut all kind of communications and stopped giving any kind of updates about the game for a certain amount of time, or if the dev simply informs people about abandoning the game.

And since the dev of this game is actually giving updates and informs people about his progress, then the game is not abandoned at all and i don't think they will put abandoned tag on it.

Because it doesn't make any sense to do it, regardless what other people say the game is not abandoned.

Reactions: Dokuczacz_xD

Redikal

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
A game like this is with this level of details, is extremely time consuming to do. Art and posing takes a lot of time, this game is using those two things to a degree that isn't seen anywhere else. They are varying animations/poses/illustrations every step of the way, first of all you have to make all that art which takes time and is physically exhausting and then probably reedit it a lot of times after on to make sure everything works in the context of the game.
The developper has to put that in the game, just doing the prep work, setting up the images, creating layeredimages to support those take time, then comes the posing which is one of the slowest task possible, you have to choose what is gonna be the mouth/eyebrow/bust/eye on each individual character in a sequence, and if you want your posing to be as good as it can be, this requires thorough testing. This game has insanely complex posing, it goes beyond simple mouth/eye/eyebrows, it's changing constantly like an animated movie.
You have to reload the game each time you change something to see the results, the reload time isn't insignificant and the game gets bigger and bigger with each release, it also make it slower.
Don't shit on them, there is a commitment to a certain level of detail in that game that explains the delay, it's apparent to any devs that ever worked on ren'py, if they wanted they could drop the level of detail and sacrifice the way things flow so well in certain scenes and probably have it much sooner but they have chosen an hard path and they are getting shitted on for that, it's kind of fucked up.

ogapetape

Mar 25, 2020
I don't make the rules, man. Sounds like something you need to bring up with the admins.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I don't make the rules, man. Sounds like something you need to bring up with the admins.
I'm fine with the rules. It's just that this tag doesn't mean a game it's actually abandoned. It's a fair sign to let people know that the last update was a long time ago, even a suspiciously long time ago so people should adjust their expectations, but in some cases it can be misleading. My issue is with these people who seem to believe that F95 putting an 'abandoned' tag actually means that the game is not being worked on anymore and don't even listen to reasons.

ogapetape

Mar 25, 2020
I'm fine with the rules. It's just that this tag doesn't mean a game it's actually abandoned. It's a fair sign to let people know that the last update was a long time ago, even a suspiciously long time ago so people should adjust their expectations, but in some cases it can be misleading. My issue is with these people who seem to believe that F95 putting an 'abandoned' tag actually means that the game is not being worked on anymore and don't even listen to reasons.
Nobody can control people's reactions to a tag, unfortunately. It is outside our control.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Nobody can control people's reactions to a tag, unfortunately. It is outside our control.
No, but we can provide the relevant information so that they can make an informed decision.
As he said, if they still get it wrong, that's their problem.

It's exactly the same as the sexual content tags.
People have their own understanding of terms. So, when they see a tag applied, they assume it to be what they know, instead of educating themself to what it actually means here.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups.
Then they get upset & irresponsibly blame the tags for misleading them.

Then we all justifiably laugh at their ignorance.

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
No, but we can provide the relevant information so that they can make an informed decision.
As he said, if they still get it wrong, that's their problem.

It's exactly the same as the sexual content tags.
People have their own understanding of terms. So, when they see a tag applied, they assume it to be what they know, instead of educating themself to what it actually means here.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups.
Then they get upset & irresponsibly blame the tags for misleading them.

Then we all justifiably laugh at their ignorance.
Here's the thing, if something is being developed but little or nothing is put out for unreasonable amounts of time it's effectively the same thing. The simple question is, "what do I have after waiting x amount of time?" if the answer is nothing then even if the dev is swearing up and down that it's being worked on you still have the same thing, nothing.

You could add a "vaporware" or "Scam" tag but those are much more subjective and charged terms that could be considered slander, on the other-hand calling something that isn't making any progress after a long time abandoned is neutral and fitting, and the tag can always be removed if the project picks up again while walking back a "Scam" tag is much harder and a "Slow development" tag is even more subjective.

3 months with no update or 18 months without a release is a VERY reasonable time to asses the situation. I work in software development and if I went a month without showing my boss I had done something tangible I would be fired on the spot; and we are talking 18 months where the supporters have no power over the dev.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes