TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I don't know who decided to mark this as abandoned but it was a stupid decision, the dev is very much active on all platforms and you can get in contact with them.

They still work on the game and gives updates about the work, so...the abandoned tag doesn't make any sense.
There is an arbitrary 18 month rule, doesn't matter how much work is being done. And some people get off on reporting games that reach that limit (and even many that don't).

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
lol, the same people bitching about the game getting the abandoned tag are also saying that this forum is full of pirating freeloaders.

Then why the fuck do you care so much about the abandoned tag?? :WaitWhat::WaitWhat:
Complaining about pirates in a pirate games forum is wild,absolute degen behaviour.

Reactions: mathluccas

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
I'll admit, I'm confused why so many people are super upset.

Here, the husband is literally disabled from a medical issue, while the wife is taking care of their new kid AND HIM AND still drawing for the game! There is a reason why progress is slow, and they are upfront about it on their Patreon.

If you think progress is going to slow, then don't support them. It's super simple. If you think something is a scam then describe why it's a scam and move on... Just saying it's been 6 months without an update, games a scam without context is fucking STUPID! Being A DIK has REALLY long updates that take 6 months to a year to roll out an update, is that a scam? Drawing animations takes fucking time, writing dialogue takes time, writing GOOD dialogue takes even more time. The updates come out when the character arc is done, they don't do monthly updates. It's expected to take at least 3+ months... True this one is extremely slow, but they told their donors why.

If you are saying that they should hire out for help, that is understandable. It probably is something they should do, if they can. They also might not be able to afford it....

Lets do math. 7k a month but Patreon takes a cut. Your now at 6.3. Divided by 2 people is 3.15k a month. 3.15k a month divided by 175 hours is 18 dollars an hour, assuming they work 8 hours a work day. That's not a huge amount. Minimum wage in California. No way they hire more people.

I'm not saying their aren't scams out there, there are. Look at the java game Newlife. Clearly a total scam, Splendid only adds like 1 user provided scene a month, that he didn't even write. Scam.

There are reasons to not donate money, and there are reasons to be weary of this game, I get that and expressing that in a positive fashion is good and healthy. But it appears many people are just bitching in general and venting negativity. This isn't twitter, (sorry X), we are better than that.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019

Here, the husband is literally disabled from a medical issue, while the wife is taking care of their new kid AND HIM AND still drawing for the game! There is a reason why progress is slow, and they are upfront about it on their Patreon.

If you think progress is going to slow, then don't support them. It's super simple. If you think something is a scam then describe why it's a scam and move on... Just saying it's been 6 months without an update, games a scam without context is fucking STUPID! Being A DIK has REALLY long updates that take 6 months to a year to roll out an update, is that a scam? Drawing animations takes fucking time, writing dialogue takes time, writing GOOD dialogue takes even more time. The updates come out when the character arc is done, they don't do monthly updates. It's expected to take at least 3+ months... True this one is extremely slow, but they told their donors why.

If you are saying that they should hire out for help, that is understandable. It probably is something they should do, if they can. They also might not be able to afford it....

Lets do math. 7k a month but Patreon takes a cut. Your now at 6.3. Divided by 2 people is 3.15k a month. 3.15k a month divided by 175 hours is 18 dollars an hour, assuming they work 8 hours a work day. That's not a huge amount. Minimum wage in California. No way they hire more people.

I'm not saying their aren't scams out there, there are. Look at the java game Newlife. Clearly a total scam, Splendid only adds like 1 user provided scene a month, that he didn't even write. Scam.

There are reasons to not donate money, and there are reasons to be weary of this game, I get that and expressing that in a positive fashion is good and healthy. But it appears many people are just bitching in general and venting negativity. This isn't twitter, (sorry X), we are better than that.
You're making sense. You're also longer on this site than me, so you should know that won't fly around here. Best thing to do is to just check the OP to see if an update has arrived or check out the dev's Patreon where the game is available for free. Let the nay-sayers here have their little circle jerk. Won't make any difference about the development of this game whatsoever.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
You're making sense. You're also longer on this site than me, so you should know that won't fly around here. Best thing to do is to just check the OP to see if an update has arrived or check out the dev's Patreon where the game is available for free. Let the nay-sayers here have their little circle jerk. Won't make any difference about the development of this game whatsoever.
Someone making sense?!?!? That's not allowed around here! :ROFLMAO:

VanillaLover

Jun 15, 2021
lol, the same people bitching about the game getting the abandoned tag are also saying that this forum is full of pirating freeloaders.

Then why the fuck do you care so much about the abandoned tag?? :WaitWhat::WaitWhat:
...because those are the site rules? It's not like I care about how long it takes if the finished product is good. That's why I'm on this thread.

The only reason people asked for the tag is because that's what's in the rules. Unless they amend it, it shouldn't be left out because the developers are active.

ZugBub9000

Mar 23, 2018
Abandoned implies that no work at all is being done on a project. They really should have a tag to divide projects that are still being worked on, regardless of how long any particular update is taking, from actual abandonware. Intermittent or Infrequent would be more useful as tags.

arigatogyro

Jun 27, 2017
its not abandoned game updates arive in a month or bit more but summertime is abandoned for 3 year and milikng idiots and pay f95 to not lose milking idiots
that games last version was a mere 16 months ago, while this ones was over 18 months now, thus the tag. thats the rules
buts its honestly funny how people fight over what game is more abandoned

holentyr

Jan 26, 2019

And are they from US? If yes then 3.15k is probably not that much but in my country normal wage is 900-1000 per month.

Reactions: _Gaalec_

cikilotam

Jan 15, 2021
And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Reactions: Filipis

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Abandoned implies that no work at all is being done on a project. They really should have a tag to divide projects that are still being worked on, regardless of how long any particular update is taking, from actual abandonware. Intermittent or Infrequent would be more useful as tags.
Yeah lets add tags so more devs can abuse the system and get all the benefits of F95 without ever releasing content:rolleyes:

VanillaLover

Jun 15, 2021
Yeah lets add tags so more devs can abuse the system and get all the benefits of F95 without ever releasing content:rolleyes:
That's quite inflammatory, but not completely false. Milfy City is an example we could use.

If we're basing the terms of the proposed tag, Milfy City would fit it. Updates, communication, but no updates. Still, it was basically a scrapped together release that was underwhelming.

If I was to add it, I'd prefer to add a voting system to allow the community to choose.

odino

Aug 14, 2017
that games last version was a mere 16 months ago, while this ones was over 18 months now, thus the tag. thats the rules
buts its honestly funny how people fight over what game is more abandoned
nope that was just a bit rework on old scene to bypass abandoned its dont had an actual updates in past 3 years

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes