fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
well'p this game will be abandoned in three...two...one... on version 0.3 mark my words boyz!
Damn quite prophetic, even if it got the update number wrong...

Patreon numbers are dropping fast and i can't blame them. How can the devs not see the situation and release the update in march? 2 months for 5% is ridicolous.

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
I agree, just by looking at the map of the game the world looks quite massive. I think they should have scaled it down by atleast 50%. Maybe they will do so in the future or the game will probaly be completed after 10 years, correct me if I am wrong but isn't everything also hand drawn in this game? If thats true then imagine how long it takes to make even a single full colored background, not even mentioning animating and creating the characters that's also a time taking process.
I honestly hope they don't scale the map down. I'm hoping they never complete the game, but that the updates become more frequent. I mean, in my ideal world, updates would be more common, but they would never stop, so I'd always have new content. Hence, I hope they never finish the game, but also they never stop pushing updates.

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
I honestly hope they don't scale the map down. I'm hoping they never complete the game, but that the updates become more frequent. I mean, in my ideal world, updates would be more common, but they would never stop, so I'd always have new content. Hence, I hope they never finish the game, but also they never stop pushing updates.
That's dependend on the graphics for one, if you think in 10 years those graphics look fine, okay then it's possible. Mostly after such a long time, they start to want to change stuff...

Reactions: Finuee

ArsenHumby

Nov 27, 2020
Updates will come faster when they have assets that they can reuse in the future at least I hope so, the redhead for example unless her quest requires to travel to some new city it could be finished faster.

Reactions: Finuee and TREXrg

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
Patreon numbers are dropping fast and i can't blame them. How can the devs not see the situation and release the update in march? 2 months for 5% is ridicolous.
so the devs should rush the release? Let me guess what's will be posted:
"Rushed so the dev's try to get the supporter back so he can still milk the supporters"
"Rushed because the dev's were afraid of the abandoned tag"
"Meh, a mediocrity rushed release, the dev's could do better"
"oh, it's rushed, the dev's could take some time and improve ..."
and so on.
my POV: We have waited so long for an update, few more month don't really change anything.

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
It's been 2 years. If the next update looks "rushed" at this point, then they've been scamming everyone.
Hmm, let's try this:
There was a post in discord about the release of update 0.7:
q: Will the game be done before April.
a: I haven't yet started the polish phase of the work. so, no, very unlikely
member fusibile87 wrote: " How can the devs not see the situation and release the update in march? 2 months for 5% is ridicolous. " which i interpret loosely as: The devs should abandon their normal work schedule and do a quick release.
In my view it would be a rushed release (of 0.7) instead of a little bit longer waiting time for a "real" release. As you mentioned: it's been 2 years (or 18 month how you calculate), so few more weeks/month for a proper release are not a big deal.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hmm, let's try this:
There was a post in discord about the release of update 0.7:

member fusibile87 wrote: " How can the devs not see the situation and release the update in march? 2 months for 5% is ridicolous. " which i interpret loosely as: The devs should abandon their normal work schedule and do a quick release.
In my view it would be a rushed release (of 0.7) instead of a little bit longer waiting time for a "real" release. As you mentioned: it's been 2 years (or 18 month how you calculate), so few more weeks/month for a proper release are not a big deal.
1026552-Shigeru-Miyamoto-Quote-A-delayed-game-is-eventually-good-but-a.jpg

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
lol, it makes sense, now i understand the child last year, WAL is a generation project. Bet the baby is already playing with a stylus :p

• Haha
Reactions: Finuee

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
I was a passionate patron for about 3 years on this game and progress was always slow, but this update really just killed me. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the difficulties facing them as both game devs and busy parents and then there's the health issues, I sympathize. That being said if an update for a side character takes you 2 years I'm not paying you. That's not to say they owe me results as a patron, but also I don't owe them money for not delivering. Also, all the cross-promos they did during that time really rubbed me the wrong way. Still, I wish them all the best and am looking forward to future updates for the game.

VenomusPL

Jul 1, 2019
I was a passionate patron for about 3 years on this game and progress was always slow, but this update really just killed me. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the difficulties facing them as both game devs and busy parents and then there's the health issues, I sympathize. That being said if an update for a side character takes you 2 years I'm not paying you. That's not to say they owe me results as a patron, but also I don't owe them money for not delivering. Also, all the cross-promos they did during that time really rubbed me the wrong way. Still, I wish them all the best and am looking forward to future updates for the game.
What cross promos?

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes