walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Dev has stated today on Discord that a March update is not very likely
Whether you think this game is a scam or not, it's pretty clear that something duplicitous, if not outright nefarious is happening behind the scenes. Either they are deliberately slowing the pace of development or (more likely imo) they have been lying about the amount of work they've put in during the last few months. There just isn't any other explanation for how they've been able to complete 90% of a chapter in around a year, and the remaining 10% takes an entire additional year.

I know people will point out the game is 'free' and while I myself have used this same argument in the past, they are taking donations, misrepresenting (or just lying) about their work status and prioritizing their personal lives over the project that is currently paying a considerable amount of their income. In my mind, the situation has become unethical, if nothing else.

Worst still, is that this project had incredible potential, it was worth investing in. But combine the lack of trust going forward (I know I'll never give them any more money at this point), along with the current pace of development and the ambitious scope and I'll be lucky if if my grandkids get endgame content.

TREXrg

Jun 26, 2022
Whether you think this game is a scam or not, it's pretty clear that something duplicitous, if not outright nefarious is happening behind the scenes. Either they are deliberately slowing the pace of development or (more likely imo) they have been lying about the amount of work they've put in during the last few months. There just isn't any other explanation for how they've been able to complete 90% of a chapter in around a year, and the remaining 10% takes an entire additional year.

I know people will point out the game is 'free' and while I myself have used this same argument in the past, they are taking donations, misrepresenting (or just lying) about their work status and prioritizing their personal lives over the project that is currently paying a considerable amount of their income. In my mind, the situation has become unethical, if nothing else.

Worst still, is that this project had incredible potential, it was worth investing in. But combine the lack of trust going forward (I know I'll never give them any more money at this point), along with the current pace of development and the ambitious scope and I'll be lucky if if my grandkids get endgame content.
Well Patreon was always notorious/famous for not paying for products but directly supporting artist
Only thing i find 'nefarious' is there Close Friend tier for$11.50 per month is
  • Receive new game releases before the public
which technicly is not a lie but it could imply early acess

the greatest problem is them working only on one charcter per update i think the should have early acess for patreons
but its there decison live support is much more work and also interacting with people can become harder and toxic
i remember the where active on this thread but not anymore
for me i think, many that what it faster finished have to understand the whining toxisity hate will not help them work faster but more likely them working with no passion
lastly everyone that had to deal with lifes curvballs knows that nearly all thinks become tedious to do

i understand what you mean but only thing that realy would change what and how they do things would be if they lost many patreons but if that would happen i would assum it wolud be likely for them 'really' to abandon the procekt
lastly i want to add if they dont release within the next 5 month there patreons probably will drop them so you only need to wait

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
I was a passionate patron for about 3 years on this game and progress was always slow, but this update really just killed me. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the difficulties facing them as both game devs and busy parents and then there's the health issues, I sympathize. That being said if an update for a side character takes you 2 years I'm not paying you. That's not to say they owe me results as a patron, but also I don't owe them money for not delivering. Also, all the cross-promos they did during that time really rubbed me the wrong way. Still, I wish them all the best and am looking forward to future updates for the game.
i feel the same, the devs can develop the game how they want but waiting too long just kills all the excitement for me similiar to STS. it just took too long and it also makes me pessimistic about the future if they don't significantly speed up the pace. life is just too short to wait 2 years for a side character i'm personally not even interested in.

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020

I don't think anything nefarious is going on behind the scenes. I think the real problem is that the game has just become too bloated and overly ambitious for two people to realistically handle. That and all their personal problems.

Reactions: crackad and TREXrg

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
i feel the same, the devs can develop the game how they want but waiting too long just kills all the excitement for me similiar to STS. it just took too long and it also makes me pessimistic about the future if they don't significantly speed up the pace. life is just too short to wait 2 years for a side character i'm personally not even interested in.
Personally, I'm interested in Gomira. She was actually one of the girls I was most interested in, just not 2 years waiting interested. Especially when their cheapest tier is $3. If there were $1 I probably wouldn't have cared as much. Hell they'd probably pull in a lot more money in general if they offered one. As it stands though, 2 years $3 a month, that's $72 I gave them for basically nothing. Not to mention the two years I was a patron before this update. And again, they don't owe me anything, but nor do I owe them anything if I feel they can't deliver in a timely fashion.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
The long big updates was a bad idea,as a dev you should never give your patreons the choice of how you as dev should deliver your content.
Evakiss did this and reverted her decision when she realized delivering content more regurarly was better because how ambitious her project is.
Same thing with this game,making people wait so long for one character(the orc one:cautious:)is just not good.

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
The long big updates was a bad idea,as a dev you should never give your patreons the choice of how you as dev should deliver your content.
Evakiss did this and reverted her decision when she realized delivering content more regurarly was better because how ambitious her project is.
Same thing with this game,making people wait so long for one character(the orc one:cautious:)is just not good.
Normally, I don't mind long waits between updates for games, but 2 years for a side chick is absurd. This might be controversial, but to me somehow 3 years for the Summertime Saga tech update seems reasonable in comparison.

Atchafalaya

Aug 13, 2017
The longer updates was a decision voted by patreons. But that was some time ago already and as today that argument feels quite stale. After this long, long-ass wait I wonder how the same poll would fare today.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xupuzulla

fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
The devs should abandon their normal work schedule and do a quick release.
In my view it would be a rushed release (of 0.7) instead of a little bit longer waiting time for a "real" release. As you mentioned: it's been 2 years (or 18 month how you calculate), so few more weeks/month for a proper release are not a big deal.
I simply don't understand how 5% can take two months. You are either taking it too slow or lying.
If the updates comes out at the beginning of April, that means 20 month for this update. 5% of 20 months is 1 month, not 2. That's why people are expecting the update ready in 1 month.
That 5% missing looks more like 10% missing.

Last edited:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
The workflow at this point is mostly playing the game as it is, over and over again, while taking note of the imperfections and improvable elements of dialogue and posing (the arms, eyes, and mouth gestures, mainly), then redoing those things and replaying the game once again to check if this time they got it right. If you'd really take a closer look at the numbers in the daily progress charts, you'd see how the % stays almost the same but only because a couple of new tasks got added and done every day. Then, of course, those who are already on the 'negationist' side will say devs are either lying about it or working about half an hour per day at most, so it's rather pointless to keep arguing.

LewdLife

Jan 31, 2021
The workflow at this point is mostly playing the game as it is, over and over again, while taking note of the imperfections and improvable elements of dialogue and posing (the arms, eyes, and mouth gestures, mainly), then redoing those things and replaying the game once again to check if this time they got it right. If you'd really take a closer look at the numbers in the daily progress charts, you'd see how the % stays almost the same but only because a couple of new tasks got added and done every day. Then, of course, those who are already on the 'negationist' side will say devs are either lying about it or working about half an hour per day at most, so it's rather pointless to keep arguing.
Ya everything will be clear WHEN update is released

Jarcar

Oct 6, 2018
I used to be big fun of this game. I liked their approach that they were honestly showing their progress. Still, it's been almost 2 years from an update. It is definitely too long. Especially when you take into consideration that it is just a normal one. It is not like that they are going to finish this game in this one or during the next one. I am not surprised that some people feel scammed, after such a long time geting tag as ,,abondoned'' is definitely deserved.

nevt2050ptr

Oct 28, 2018
This is state of progress from year ago
1678172390329.png

They hit 90% around December
progress-wal.png

Next time check your info before you spread misinformation.

shazamyne

Jul 11, 2023
It looks a lot more like an analogue of feature creep to me. When you're constantly expanding and altering what you want the end result to be, you tend to get endless delays. That, and the 80/20 rule: the first 80 percent of the work takes 20 percent of the time and the last 20 percent take up 80 percent of the time. These two common project management pitfalls can very easily kill an overly ambitious project.

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
I simply don't understand how 5% can take two months.[...]
You had a small misunderstanding between work and time consumed, the 5% is not the time based, it's the amount of completion. It's usual that development goes slower to the end, the time flow's not linear. Please read the post of moskyx and shazamyne, they have explained this phenomena very well.

Reactions: TREXrg

HPRyder

Oct 15, 2017
Wonder if the update went through... *checks page*
>Abandoned View attachment 3413607
Oh hey, I guess it's my turn to explain this. The abandoned tag is applied after an arbitrary amount of time with no game updates, regardless of dev activity. The last dev report was 4 days ago and the game is still very much in development, the tag will be removed whenever the update comes out.

abc123xyz

Jul 7, 2019
I used to be big fun of this game. I liked their approach that they were honestly showing their progress. Still, it's been almost 2 years from an update. It is definitely too long. Especially when you take into consideration that it is just a normal one. It is not like that they are going to finish this game in this one or during the next one. I am not surprised that some people feel scammed, after such a long time geting tag as ,,abondoned'' is definitely deserved.
If you took half a second to read the dev's public posts about why it's been so long. Between multiple surgeries and time spent in the hospital and having a child in the mean time, it's understandable. They've been back to work on the game for a few months now. But random crybabies on pirate forums will be random crybabies.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes