KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Abandoned implies that no work at all is being done on a project. They really should have a tag to divide projects that are still being worked on, regardless of how long any particular update is taking, from actual abandonware. Intermittent or Infrequent would be more useful as tags.
Exactly, the abandoned tag doesn't make sense in this case, the game is very much still worked on and we get updates about the work from the dev.

Maybe on hold would be a better tag? because i know the dev has live problems and all that so it takes time to get the update done.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
Exactly, the abandoned tag doesn't make sense in this case, the game is very much still worked on and we get updates about the work from the dev.

Maybe on hold would be a better tag? because i know the dev has live problems and all that so it takes time to get the update done.
Well it's not on hold because the dev is still working on it and onhold games still get tagged abandoned if 18 months have gone by since the last update. The tag doesnt really matter it's will get removed soon

Reactions: gojira667

Derpsel

Jun 11, 2017
Well it's not on hold because the dev is still working on it and onhold games still get tagged abandoned if 18 months have gone by since the last update. The tag doesnt really matter it's will get removed soon
"soon" look how close the progress is on the tracker and the Dev said on discord a March update was unrealistic.

If that's how slow they're working now then after this update we can probs mark this game abandoned permanently :ROFLMAO:

ScionDayne

Jun 2, 2022
Tag is well deserved. If anything it benefits the dev as now he doesn't have to put out a bunch of meaningless communication updates and we don't have to be alerted to nonsense. The dumb people donating are still going to do so because they can't help themselves and everyone else can just come back when a release finally happens.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
"soon" look how close the progress is on the tracker and the Dev said on discord a March update was unrealistic.

If that's how slow they're working now then after this update we can probs mark this game abandoned permanently :ROFLMAO:
The progress tracker says all there is left to do is work on bugs. How soon it comes out depends on how hard it is to debug. The tag doesn't matter at all devs are clearly still working on the game and everyone who dismissed as a scam has already left. Only people that even care here are the people who just get of on Schadenfreude and werent really following the game anyway. Nobody actively following the game really cares about the tag or how long it's takening and it will get removed soon whether the update is in march or april. Then this will repeat next year because these thread has been the exact same way for the past 3 updates

Last edited:

Derpsel

Jun 11, 2017
The progress tracker says all there is left to do is work on bugs. How soon it comes out depends on how hard it is to debug. The tag doesn't matter at all devs are clearly still working on the game and everyone who dismissed as a scam has already left. Only people that even care here are the people who just get of on Schadenfreude and werent really following the game anyway. Nobody actively following the game really cares about the tag and it will get removed soon whether the update is in march or april.
I know, I was making a joke. If people throughout countless pages have argued how long it takes due to the art work they need to make, and how it's only one artist ect ect.

I think it's hilarious that the update is this close to being ready, bar debugging, and it's still over 4 weeks out.

Reactions: John-18

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
I know, I was making a joke. If people throughout countless pages have argued how long it takes due to the art work they need to make, and how it's only one artist ect ect.

I think it's hilarious that the update is this close to being ready, bar debugging, and it's still over 4 weeks out.

I mean programming can be kind of hard. And fixing a bug often causes another bug to pop up. It's disappointing but not suprising depending on how skilled they are at programming in the first place

Derpsel

Jun 11, 2017
You've never done any sort of programming before have you?
I'm literally in my fourth year at university studying software engineering. To suggest that every single bug when fixed often causes another bug is downright misinformation. If that happens often it becomes the pesticide paradox; which means the way the game code is structured, or the QA test methods are flawed.

It CAN cause another bug, but it's not often it happens. More often what happens is a risk of regression, which is about a previously resolved issue reappearing due to new changes or interactions.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
I'm literally in my fourth year at university studying software engineering. To suggest that every single bug when fixed often causes another bug is downright misinformation. If that happens often it becomes the pesticide paradox; which means the way the game code is structured, or the QA test methods are flawed.

It CAN cause another bug, but it's not often it happens. More often what happens is a risk of regression, which is about a previously resolved issue reappearing due to new changes or interactions.
Nobody suggested that fixing a bug always causes another bug to appear. It's that it can often cause another bug or an issue to appear and how you fix it can depend on how skilled you are a programmer which is absolutely true. To suggest a bug always appears when you fix something is idiotic.

Reactions: TREXrg

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
I mean programming can be kind of hard. And fixing a bug often causes another bug to pop up. It's disappointing but not suprising depending on how skilled they are at programming in the first place
you must be really, REALLY terrible at coding if it takes you a month to write and debug his code, for version 0.0001 alpha maybe, when you haven't seen or made anything, but this is their 7th update, so unless the big health issue was brain related, all the polishing he is doing isn't on the code, not for this game anyway

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
you must be really, REALLY terrible at coding if it takes you a month to write and debug his code, for version 0.0001 alpha maybe, when you haven't seen or made anything, but this is their 7th update, so unless the big health issue was brain related, all the polishing he is doing isn't on the code, not for this game anyway
Since we have no idea what the code even looks like right now we can't say what the problem is. This is a bigger update than the previous ones are as well. It's also possible saying next month is just not to get anyones hopes up. And no I don't really think they are that great at programming. I encounter bugs when I replay the game pretty regularly.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Since we have no idea what the code even looks like right now we can't say what the problem is. This is a bigger update than the previous ones are as well. It's also possible saying next month is just not to get anyones hopes up. And no I don't really think they are that great at programming. I encounter bugs when I replay the game pretty regularly.
If you are encountering bugs, I'm sure the dev will be grateful if you could mention them to him

Xantoser

Apr 28, 2020
I think the main problem this game has is not the laziness of the developer or his ill will, but his overambition. Overambition is a main sin of many lewd games' developers and Pistachio isn't an exception. When I look at the world map, the quality of the graphics and high quality game design, then I think this game is impossible to be developed by two non-full-time working people. It looks as if two guys, alone with a hammer in their hand, wanted to build a skyscraper. They could work 24/7, and they could be full of good will, but it doesn't change the fact that they won't build this skyscraper. Listing valid reasons why construction is going so slowly will not change this fact. They shouldn't be criticized for laziness or for scamming, but should be criticized for unrealistic goals.

Nevertheless, I still wish good luck for him.

EyeCannon

Nov 19, 2019
I think the main problem this game has is not the laziness of the developer or his ill will, but his overambition. Overambition is a main sin of many lewd games' developers and Pistachio isn't an exception. When I look at the world map, the quality of the graphics and high quality game design, then I think this game is impossible to be developed by two non-full-time working people. It looks as if two guys, alone with a hammer in their hand, wanted to build a skyscraper. They could work 24/7, and they could be full of good will, but it doesn't change the fact that they won't build this skyscraper. Listing valid reasons why construction is going so slowly will not change this fact. They shouldn't be criticized for laziness or for scamming, but should be criticized for unrealistic goals.

Nevertheless, I still wish good luck for him.
I agree, just by looking at the map of the game the world looks quite massive. I think they should have scaled it down by atleast 50%. Maybe they will do so in the future or the game will probaly be completed after 10 years, correct me if I am wrong but isn't everything also hand drawn in this game? If thats true then imagine how long it takes to make even a single full colored background, not even mentioning animating and creating the characters that's also a time taking process.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes