aleyugioh

Jun 22, 2020
I guess recommended? So that you don't lag.

In practice, this game took around 200MB in system RAM and around 400MB in VRAM on my system (just ran it).
You can probably run it on a thing like XP machine with 512MB RAM and 1GHz single-core, but transitions may lag.

Renpy really does not require much in most games, if talking about current hardware.

I remember having some minor lags using what I think was a weak Athlon dual-core, more than 10 years ago (13? Not sure.). Some game had firework effects, I think, that kinda lagged then. I think, maybe, it was Katawa Shoujo, while still in development. If I remember things right.
Ok thanks so much, your help me a lot

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Windows XP or better;
Toaster-class CPU, or better;

RenPy is not that difficult to run.
You'd be surprised. My actual PC died, and now all I have is an ancient ass hand-me-down laptop with a single core single thread Athlon 64. From 2008 or so.

It literally cannot run most renpy games. Most take a few seconds for any command to register, and many have laggy animations.

Interestingly, this game doesn't do it. It runs fine for the most part. Optimization isn't really that important when you're using such a light engine, but I guess this is more "optimized" compared to its compatriots.

Reactions: aleyugioh

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Interestingly, this game doesn't do it. It runs fine for the most part. Optimization isn't really that important when you're using such a light engine, but I guess this is more "optimized" compared to its compatriots.
Pistachio spent time optimizing the game between the first and second release. For someone so new to programming, he's really quite incredible.

Tlaero

diras2010

Nov 4, 2017
okay... now that i played what's available, i can say... THIS IS A HIGH QUALITY GAME

the characters design is suberb, i have played some good games, but the artwork is simply a lazy DAZ 3D model ripoff, which to me is a big no, no matter how good the game is... but a game where the artist is doing everything 2D, with such high quality, is simply superb, and adding such funny and interesting story, even better

i would like to have some sort of "moving between zones" mechanic on the game, instead of the actual going from zone to map to zone, specially for adjacent zones (as example, moving to and from the village, the tent and deepwood) would be great

Last edited:
Reactions: Csys and magicnuts

Xanthis

Dec 22, 2019
Love the art style. Just don't overstress yourself.

Great job!

Also, if you ever get a chance to release on Steam, please do. I cannot support you on Patreon but I will 100% purchase this

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Windows XP or better;
Toaster-class CPU, or better;

RenPy is not that difficult to run.
I loved the toaster class cpu comment. I was wondering if it had a coffee feature for a perculator or was it just a drip? And the teraflap, confused the new programmer as he forgot to lube up and burned his piston fapping.

Serphio

Sep 11, 2018
Hey dev! First, wanna say I absolutely love every bit of your game. Art and writing is superb! I wanted to ask if there's a possibility of adding a Dialogue Art viewer for the gallery someday? It's a damn shame that only a handful of games out there have this option and I wanted to know if that's something planned for the future. Artwork as gorgeous as this, even the character's standing portraits, needs a place in the game to be shown.

Reactions: jbiggs

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
Pistachio spent time optimizing the game between the first and second release. For someone so new to programming, he's really quite incredible.

Tlaero
Thank you!

[...] i would like to have some sort of "moving between zones" mechanic on the game, instead of the actual going from zone to map to zone, specially for adjacent zones (as example, moving to and from the village, the tent and deepwood) would be great
Good idea!

Hey dev! First, wanna say I absolutely love every bit of your game. Art and writing is superb! I wanted to ask if there's a possibility of adding a Dialogue Art viewer for the gallery someday? It's a damn shame that only a handful of games out there have this option and I wanted to know if that's something planned for the future. Artwork as gorgeous as this, even the character's standing portraits, needs a place in the game to be shown.
Thank you!
Could you say what do you mean by a Dialogue Art viewer?

Reactions: Ghostly

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Hi everybody.

This will be our last report before the release of the 0.3 update.
The conversation on our Discord server this week has been dominated by the deadline. Many of you have shown support by saying you understand that things might go wrong in development and justified delays, as long as they better the game and are not the result of developers' neglect, are acceptable. Still others have been understandably bitter about the situation.
We want to thank all of you who've been supportive and promise those who've been unhappy that this will not happen again.

Progress:
Chestnut has been working on finishing and polishing all the artworks of the game. She's missing two images and many edits, but she's working on them as I write this and is trying to finish them before the deadline.
I have been testing and retesting the game to make sure that it's functional and bug-free, and feels good to play and read.

Release date:
We plan to release the game sometime before the end of Sunday, the 20th of September, in Spain (GMT+2), unless there's a last-minute bug or we're not happy with the quality of the artworks -- in which case it will be out as soon as we fix it.
Given that I have been testing the game extensively, I doubt any major bugs would delay its release. And Chestnut is trying very hard to deliver on time; however, I still have to tell you the possibility because shit does happen, and we would rather apologize for a one-to-two-day delay than publish something faulty or substandard.

0.3 content (includes spoilers):
Here's a summary of what'll be in the 0.3 update:
  • Three new locations: the mudbank, the well, and the matchmaker's;
  • Three new characters: Celestina, Abe, and Gretta (plus an additional extra character);
  • 10+ cutscenes;
  • 3 sex scenes: titjob, vaginal sex, dry hump;
  • A think quest;
  • 2 hidden photos;
  • Crystal ball added to the bag;
  • Cutscenes added to the crystal ball;
  • A new bed at Holly's where you can sleep or pass the time;
  • 2 new splash arts;
  • Other changes:
    • Possibility to delete saves (by hovering over them and pressing the Del button on PC);
    • Placeholder image for blank save files;
    • CV achievements' titles and descriptions are hidden until collected;
    • Now new characters' screens in the crystal ball need to be unlocked by meeting them first (testing to apply this to all characters in the future);

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Never laughed so much playing a game like this (maybe DotT . . . ).
That's what I thought until I've played Once in a lifetime, most hilarious erotic game by far. What a legend is good in that department too but here I chuckle and there I burst out laughing.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next WaL! release, it's definitely in the top 5 of best erotic games (hence my sig).

Reactions: magicnuts
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes