• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mordikay

Sep 23, 2022
Game is definitely not abandoned. They do weekly updates on development, literally every single week since 0.1. They are on the verge of completing 0.7. The only deviation they are having is they are concerned that patreon may at some point drop NSFW content creators all together, and they are thinking about other options like subscribestar. This hasn't impacted the games development though, so 0.7 is still very much on its way. This getting switched to abandoned is so incredibly short-sighted, and whom-ever chose to switch the tag, has not visited their patreon page in the slightest, or remotely looked into the reasons why the update is taking some time.

0.7 is still coming along, there is just a lot to the update, and a lot to the art required for it. Over a year since the last update is definitely quite a bit of time, however they are very active with their community about development, so saying it's abandoned is just simply untrue. OnHold would be closer, but even that isn't correct, it's just taking the two of them more time then they initially realized to complete 0.7.
I would be quite active too if I had people giving me money for nothing.

The amount of cope in this thread is unreal to justify themselves.

Like all gaming just vote with your wallets and shit gets done.

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Game is definitely not abandoned. So saying it's abandoned is just simply untrue. OnHold would be closer.
Don't know if you know that already but "status tags" in this website have some "rules" that make them be added to thread for "reasons" unrelated to the "word meaning" in the tag. So just don't pay attention to them, doesn't matter if is says "complete", "on hold" or "abandoned" in the end the real situation around the "target" of those tags can be very different than you can guess from the tags itself.

If you are interested I sugest to look in the forum for those especific "rules" if you want to know the reasons for this tags.

Clobbertime

Jan 10, 2021
I'll most likely be satisfied cause I like sexy strong orc girls, but a lot of people from what I read here, seem to not be into that, so the wait for them must not be worth it at all =/
You have to remember that those of us not into women built like steroid addicted NFL linebackers not only have to wait for this update to come and go, but also for the following one featuring, hopefully, a woman we are interested in to come out and if it'll be another 1 or 2 year update, the future looks bleak for a good while.

shazba jnr

Formerly 'Shazba Jnr'
Feb 3, 2024
All jokes aside…

Everything is just speculation until the game comes out and it’s either worth the wait, or it’s not worth the wait.

It’s a developer's choice if they want to hold off a release until they think they have something worthy of release, however it’s a gamble on their behalf, release something too soon and people will say it’s shit, release something too slowly and people will get tired of waiting and start calling the developer a lazy milker motherfucker!

We see it all the time with AAA games. They have a deadline and when they release before it’s ready, people condemn them for releasing an unfinished product. When they delay the release, people go apeshit.

Of course the Patreon model adds another layer of suspicion due to the money the developer is taking in regardless of output. Considering how much money some developers are making, their reports should be a lot more detailed than a bunch of bars in a chart. But if people want to pay, it’s their money.

Now I haven’t followed this development cycle from the beginning for this game, so I don’t know if there were any legitimate interruptions to this release, but the trend across this whole site is that a lot of the better games are progressively taking longer and longer between updates.

People are gonna complain when a game takes longer than usual to receive an update; that's fair enough. What I personally don't like is when people start rating a good game very poorly because hasn't received an update in a while. Something like Waifu Academy is getting very sparse updates, so people are getting angry and rating it 1 star, which is BS because the game currently has over 20 hours of reading, it's extremely well done, making it longer and more entertaining than some lauded games on Steam (I'm looking at you, Mafia: Definitive Edition).

On the subject of the Orc release, I wasn't particularly thrilled when I discovered the previous update was all very much Rose-centric, but by the end of the episode I really enjoyed it. So I imagine the Orc episode will be similarly entertaining, if I'm not dead from old age by the time it comes out... :p

jtc

Jul 1, 2017
On the subject of the Orc release, I wasn't particularly thrilled when I discovered the previous update was all very much Rose-centric, but by the end of the episode I really enjoyed it. So I imagine the Orc episode will be similarly entertaining, if I'm not dead from old age by the time it comes out... :p
Right, I don't find the orc lady character appealing at all (how did she win the poll?!) but maybe they'll surprise me.

Mordikay

Sep 23, 2022
All jokes aside…

Everything is just speculation until the game comes out and it’s either worth the wait, or it’s not worth the wait.

It’s a developer's choice if they want to hold off a release until they think they have something worthy of release, however it’s a gamble on their behalf, release something too soon and people will say it’s shit, release something too slowly and people will get tired of waiting and start calling the developer a lazy milker motherfucker!

We see it all the time with AAA games. They have a deadline and when they release before it’s ready, people condemn them for releasing an unfinished product. When they delay the release, people go apeshit.

Of course the Patreon model adds another layer of suspicion due to the money the developer is taking in regardless of output. Considering how much money some developers are making, their reports should be a lot more detailed than a bunch of bars in a chart. But if people want to pay, it’s their money.

Now I haven’t followed this development cycle from the beginning for this game, so I don’t know if there were any legitimate interruptions to this release, but the trend across this whole site is that a lot of the better games are progressively taking longer and longer between updates.

People are gonna complain when a game takes longer than usual to receive an update; that's fair enough. What I personally don't like is when people start rating a good game very poorly because hasn't received an update in a while. Something like Waifu Academy is getting very sparse updates, so people are getting angry and rating it 1 star, which is BS because the game currently has over 20 hours of reading, it's extremely well done, making it longer and more entertaining than some lauded games on Steam (I'm looking at you, Mafia: Definitive Edition).

I don't think anyone in this thread denies the game is good and I'm personally one of those people who really likes the orc lady but each to their own.
I don't know the devs or have any personal stake in them or the game either but it is my personal opinion that's it's very shameful to keep taking peoples money for almost 2 years for nothing and the people actually paying...Well I don't really have any life advice there :/

And as you mentioned we see it in tripple A games too and just a quite recent example of my point of voting with you wallet. Just look at Diablo 4 a 70-100 dollar game with all the jazz or season pass and micro transactions. People complained numbers dropped from like half a million to 5k in a matter of week and people left. When people left and stopped paying they revamped everything and is atleast trying to get shit done and FAST. There are many more examples of this all over. If you stop paying they will notice.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Magicnuts said in discord that new update probably won't come for another 2 months.

Unless they are holding back and have included mqin plot elements as a surprise, this should be a massive red flag. All this time for a single side character means the the actual main game won't be done for literal decades. Even if you don't think they're milking, I would assume WaL's most aren't defenders have a problem with that timescale, surely.

varpep

Feb 22, 2020
Unless they are holding back and have included mqin plot elements as a surprise, this should be a massive red flag. All this time for a single side character means the the actual main game won't be done for literal decades. Even if you don't think they're milking, I would assume WaL's most aren't defenders have a problem with that timescale, surely.
At this rate the fabled GTA VI and Elder Scrolls VI will release before this update :p

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
This game is never going to be finish at the scale they first envisioned,they even say in their game webpage they got carried away with the size of the world.

4.70 star(s) 446 Votes