Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Did he just say "Every time text changes, posing changes too" Like WTF no wonder they take forever.
They didn't really said that every time they "change" the text they need to "change" the poses but you can read it has every "new" text line needs a "new" pose but your point of view may still be the currect one but it's not the only one and without a confirmation these are only 2 different ways interpret it.

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
They didn't really said that every time they "change" the text they need to "change" the poses but you can read it has every "new" text line needs a "new" pose but your point of view may still be the currect one but it's not the only one and without a confirmation these are only 2 different ways interpret it.
Yeah I was being extreme, but it's cause the excuses they used as to why it was taking so long are a bit dumb to be honest, I mean I played the game since launch, while the art is fcking fantastic, the character poses during dialogue are nothing crazy, it's not like there is lip sync XD
My point being that it's a shitty excuse to say they have to redrawn or repose when they change a word or ONE line of dialogue (Cause I refuse to believe they change a conversation so drastically that they have to entirely change the expression and pose of a character that is talking)

Reactions: John-18

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Yeah I was being extreme, but it's cause the excuses they used as to why it was taking so long are a bit dumb to be honest, I mean I played the game since launch, while the art is fcking fantastic, the character poses during dialogue are nothing crazy, it's not like there is lip sync XD
My point being that it's a shitty excuse to say they have to redrawn or repose when they change a word or ONE line of dialogue (Cause I refuse to believe they change a conversation so drastically that they have to entirely change the expression and pose of a character that is talking)
Let's say you have a 10-lines dialogue between 2 characters. That means 10 different poses for each character, as those poses changes at every single line (just open any rpy file and take a look at the code), with each pose consisting of at least 3 elements (eyes, mouth, hands). That's 60 individual elements in that dialogue matching what it's said. Now, when you got it done, you replay the whole section and feel that this dialogue just doesn't flow. You need to trim it down which not only means deleting maybe 4 lines but also rewriting the other 6 to convey the intended message. Chances are that many of the current poses for those 6 lines won't exactly fit the new dialogue (maybe there was a shocked expression when now some rolling eyes would be a better fit). So you may need to look carefully at the new scene and change 15 or 20 elements of the 36 remaining. That's gonna take some time. And sure, they could have write the whole script and change whatever needed to be changed before start with the posing, but it's only when everything is added when you can really tell if the section works or naw.

That's just how it is with this game, and also the reason why people feel it's a polished work where everything going on the screen flows smoothly, even if they can't really point at the actual reason. And again, full disclosure from devs who quickly put a stop to those wild speculations about the release date. Even if you don't believe their reasons or excuses, no one following the official sources is being misled to believe the update is close.

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
Let's say you have a 10-lines dialogue between 2 characters. That means 10 different poses for each character, as those poses changes at every single line (just open any rpy file and take a look at the code), with each pose consisting of at least 3 elements (eyes, mouth, hands). That's 60 individual elements in that dialogue matching what it's said. Now, when you got it done, you replay the whole section and feel that this dialogue just doesn't flow. You need to trim it down which not only means deleting maybe 4 lines but also rewriting the other 6 to convey the intended message. Chances are that many of the current poses for those 6 lines won't exactly fit the new dialogue (maybe there was a shocked expression when now some rolling eyes would be a better fit). So you may need to look carefully at the new scene and change 15 or 20 elements of the 36 remaining. That's gonna take some time. And sure, they could have write the whole script and change whatever needed to be changed before start with the posing, but it's only when everything is added when you can really tell if the section works or naw.

That's just how it is with this game, and also the reason why people feel it's a polished work where everything going on the screen flows smoothly, even if they can't really point at the actual reason. And again, full disclosure from devs who quickly put a stop to those wild speculations about the release date. Even if you don't believe their reasons or excuses, no one following the official sources is being misled to believe the update is close.
Eh no need to white knight it, I'm not paying a penny anyways, so I don't mind the delay, I'm just throwing my 2 cents into the pot about the excuses they make. I'll be honest with you the reason I feel that way, is cause I never really felt like the dialogue expression where crazy good or polished anyways, the mc often has a thinking face with hand on chin, or a smile in most conversations xD but that could only be, I play this game mainly for the "plot" So I'm probably biased on that point

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Eh no need to white knight it, I'm not paying a penny anyways, so I don't mind the delay, I'm just throwing my 2 cents into the pot about the excuses they make. I'll be honest with you the reason I feel that way, is cause I never really felt like the dialogue expression where crazy good or polished anyways, the mc often has a thinking face with hand on chin, or a smile in most conversations xD but that could only be, I play this game mainly for the "plot" So I'm probably biased on that point
It's not whiteknighting, it's a fair discussion. You said you think it was a shitty excuse and I just played devil's advocate to point out why it could be used as a proper explanation, if you extrapolate it to the thousands of dialogue lines in the game.

The last paragraph was more like a general statement, not a direct response to you.

Kaerad

Sep 8, 2023
I know that the forum's rules says that the game should get the abandoned tag, but wouldn't be more prececise use the ongoing tag?

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
yeah, hopefully the devs pick it up again in this lifetime
the game was ok when i played it 10 years ago
Well F95 has called it abandon, but it's still being developed. But yeh I agree almost 2 years no update is far too long. So I actually do agree with the 'abandon' tag, and it will be automatically removed when an update should arrive. But that will takes a few months if not longer. I wonder if we see an update before the 2 year boundary...

water00

Jan 18, 2019
Did he just say "Every time text changes, posing changes too" Like WTF no wonder they take forever -.- I'm starting to think they aren't very bright, like yeah I get it, you want the pose to suite what they are saying, but that is why you trim and fix the text before you pose, Like seriously do they pose, fix text, repose, refix text, repose OMG.
All in all I can understand wanting to change something last minute cause you realize you aren't satisfied with a specific sentence, ok ok, but it's not supposed to be a massive thing unless you have no idea how to optimize your workflow, which seems to be the case
Yeah it doesn't make sense. They just have a few set poses / expressions for dialogue (happy, angry, sad, scrunched face etc). Each line of text just has a pose that goes with it. You change 1 string!

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
Yeah it doesn't make sense. They just have a few set poses / expressions for dialogue (happy, angry, sad, scrunched face etc). Each line of text just has a pose that goes with it. You change 1 string!
A few weeks back, I read that posing isn't actually redrawing stuff. They do like you said, it only needs to be re-put-together. And probably it could mean some drawings don't fit. But yeh most of them are just faces that are selected.

Still... The update has to be really great for it to not be a disappointment by now...

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes