fr3dm3rc0ry

Mar 1, 2023
Like I don’t get most of this, what exactly is “Audio” supposed to be? 32/39 what? Original Hans Zimmer tracks, custom sound effects recorded in their garage, random beatboxing, the usual Kevin McLeod tracks??? Syncing the bgm/sfx to the respective scene???
Q: How do you count audio tasks?

A: Finding audio files, editing them, and adding them to the game, then going through the game and making sure that they don't interfere with other sound effects and that it stops correctly once the scene changes and also works well when the player replays a scene using the crystal ball.

_Gaalec_

May 14, 2022
I think after Abandoned tag for this game, we will see new update soon. Because this site very popular among patroons that gave money.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kisama33

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
More specifically, it may be longer. View attachment 3432158
Did he just say "Every time text changes, posing changes too" Like WTF no wonder they take forever -.- I'm starting to think they aren't very bright, like yeah I get it, you want the pose to suite what they are saying, but that is why you trim and fix the text before you pose, Like seriously do they pose, fix text, repose, refix text, repose OMG.
All in all I can understand wanting to change something last minute cause you realize you aren't satisfied with a specific sentence, ok ok, but it's not supposed to be a massive thing unless you have no idea how to optimize your workflow, which seems to be the case

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Did he just say "Every time text changes, posing changes too" Like WTF no wonder they take forever -.- I'm starting to think they aren't very bright, like yeah I get it, you want the pose to suite what they are saying, but that is why you trim and fix the text before you pose, Like seriously do they pose, fix text, repose, refix text, repose OMG.
All in all I can understand wanting to change something last minute cause you realize you aren't satisfied with a specific sentence, ok ok, but it's not supposed to be a massive thing unless you have no idea how to optimize your workflow, which seems to be the case
WOW is almost like getting people to help with the game would actually be useful:KEK:

Reactions: anon8525

Cro

May 10, 2017
A well deserved tag, finally. The game is great, but the development time is horrible. I am also a developer and I know what can be done in 2 months, in real languages and real apps, not these python jokes. Yes, the art takes time to do it, but the guy doing development should always be miles ahead of the art.

FreelancerFL

Jul 23, 2017
This updates will launch... they are not scamming, they are working, labeit very slowly.
The problem is now they have understood they can work incredibly slowly and still get paid a lot. 20 months for an update and they still have an army ready to defend them.
So the next updates will be slow too. Why should they do something in 10 months if they can do it in 20, work less and get paid more?
18 months for Holly update too, who wanna bet?
Only 18 months? That's generous at this rate. I thought the Something Unlimited guys were bad at pushing updates. This is just pathetic, and the fact their Kekreon subs are still valiantly defending muh magicnuts boggles my mind, like mans taking their money and running to the cleaners. If MN wants the meming to end maybe he should push the next update, and before the year's up

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Did he just say "Every time text changes, posing changes too" Like WTF no wonder they take forever.
They didn't really said that every time they "change" the text they need to "change" the poses but you can read it has every "new" text line needs a "new" pose but your point of view may still be the currect one but it's not the only one and without a confirmation these are only 2 different ways interpret it.

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
They didn't really said that every time they "change" the text they need to "change" the poses but you can read it has every "new" text line needs a "new" pose but your point of view may still be the currect one but it's not the only one and without a confirmation these are only 2 different ways interpret it.
Yeah I was being extreme, but it's cause the excuses they used as to why it was taking so long are a bit dumb to be honest, I mean I played the game since launch, while the art is fcking fantastic, the character poses during dialogue are nothing crazy, it's not like there is lip sync XD
My point being that it's a shitty excuse to say they have to redrawn or repose when they change a word or ONE line of dialogue (Cause I refuse to believe they change a conversation so drastically that they have to entirely change the expression and pose of a character that is talking)

Reactions: John-18

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Yeah I was being extreme, but it's cause the excuses they used as to why it was taking so long are a bit dumb to be honest, I mean I played the game since launch, while the art is fcking fantastic, the character poses during dialogue are nothing crazy, it's not like there is lip sync XD
My point being that it's a shitty excuse to say they have to redrawn or repose when they change a word or ONE line of dialogue (Cause I refuse to believe they change a conversation so drastically that they have to entirely change the expression and pose of a character that is talking)
Let's say you have a 10-lines dialogue between 2 characters. That means 10 different poses for each character, as those poses changes at every single line (just open any rpy file and take a look at the code), with each pose consisting of at least 3 elements (eyes, mouth, hands). That's 60 individual elements in that dialogue matching what it's said. Now, when you got it done, you replay the whole section and feel that this dialogue just doesn't flow. You need to trim it down which not only means deleting maybe 4 lines but also rewriting the other 6 to convey the intended message. Chances are that many of the current poses for those 6 lines won't exactly fit the new dialogue (maybe there was a shocked expression when now some rolling eyes would be a better fit). So you may need to look carefully at the new scene and change 15 or 20 elements of the 36 remaining. That's gonna take some time. And sure, they could have write the whole script and change whatever needed to be changed before start with the posing, but it's only when everything is added when you can really tell if the section works or naw.

That's just how it is with this game, and also the reason why people feel it's a polished work where everything going on the screen flows smoothly, even if they can't really point at the actual reason. And again, full disclosure from devs who quickly put a stop to those wild speculations about the release date. Even if you don't believe their reasons or excuses, no one following the official sources is being misled to believe the update is close.

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
Let's say you have a 10-lines dialogue between 2 characters. That means 10 different poses for each character, as those poses changes at every single line (just open any rpy file and take a look at the code), with each pose consisting of at least 3 elements (eyes, mouth, hands). That's 60 individual elements in that dialogue matching what it's said. Now, when you got it done, you replay the whole section and feel that this dialogue just doesn't flow. You need to trim it down which not only means deleting maybe 4 lines but also rewriting the other 6 to convey the intended message. Chances are that many of the current poses for those 6 lines won't exactly fit the new dialogue (maybe there was a shocked expression when now some rolling eyes would be a better fit). So you may need to look carefully at the new scene and change 15 or 20 elements of the 36 remaining. That's gonna take some time. And sure, they could have write the whole script and change whatever needed to be changed before start with the posing, but it's only when everything is added when you can really tell if the section works or naw.

That's just how it is with this game, and also the reason why people feel it's a polished work where everything going on the screen flows smoothly, even if they can't really point at the actual reason. And again, full disclosure from devs who quickly put a stop to those wild speculations about the release date. Even if you don't believe their reasons or excuses, no one following the official sources is being misled to believe the update is close.
Eh no need to white knight it, I'm not paying a penny anyways, so I don't mind the delay, I'm just throwing my 2 cents into the pot about the excuses they make. I'll be honest with you the reason I feel that way, is cause I never really felt like the dialogue expression where crazy good or polished anyways, the mc often has a thinking face with hand on chin, or a smile in most conversations xD but that could only be, I play this game mainly for the "plot" So I'm probably biased on that point

Reactions: John-18
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes