DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Weekly Report 214

1718496034655.png

Hi everybody.

Happy Friday and I hope you've had a great week. First, I just want to say thank you to all of you who often leave us supportive comments in response to our posts be it here on Patreon, in our Discord server, or as it happened after the long explanation of last week via direct messages. I have said it before, but you really can't imagine how encouraging that is, even with this long dev period (and especially after it). Thank you and I just hope we deserve your kindness.

Last week Chestnut focused on cutscene variations and more sprite additions from the beginning of the second quest. She wanted to record a video, but the parts she was working on was a bit too spoilery, so that will have to wait.

I reposed/reanimated an event from Gomira's intro that had been bugging me for a while. I had already redone the event in question back when I posed it, actually asking Chestnut to redraw it in a new style, but something about the way I had used Renpy's animation and transformation language to move the bits around just didn't work. It is done now, and I'm happy with it. I also debugged a number of issues with the code which had caused problems with the way looping carousel-like images were being displayed.

We have two weeks until the end of June, and the plan is to have everything in the first quest and at least the intro of the second quest ready for a retest during the first week of July. The first round of editing and debugging is always the most time-consuming one, so based on experience, the second round (and the ones after that) will go faster. There is, of course, the ending of the second quest which I redid recently and which after Chestnut has created the art for it (based on the new cutscenes and sprites additions and all the new placeholder we have created), will require its own retesting and editing and debugging. But we'll get there, and hopefully you'll enjoy the new content.

That's all.

Have a wonderful weekend.
cheers

tretch95

Nov 5, 2022
Fixing one bug a day is painfully slow.
I also want to know what kind of bugs we are talking about here.
Because not all bugs are the same.
Well this game must be some super-complex open world, VR live action, 4X MMORPG or something. Lots of bugs.
You know how it is. Fix one bug, two new ones pop up.

Just imagine if they made it a linear RenPy VN instead...

Mordikay

Sep 23, 2022
Weekly Report 214

View attachment 3740002

Hi everybody.

Happy Friday and I hope you've had a great week. First, I just want to say thank you to all of you who often leave us supportive comments in response to our posts be it here on Patreon, in our Discord server, or as it happened after the long explanation of last week via direct messages. I have said it before, but you really can't imagine how encouraging that is, even with this long dev period (and especially after it). Thank you and I just hope we deserve your kindness.

Last week Chestnut focused on cutscene variations and more sprite additions from the beginning of the second quest. She wanted to record a video, but the parts she was working on was a bit too spoilery, so that will have to wait.

I reposed/reanimated an event from Gomira's intro that had been bugging me for a while. I had already redone the event in question back when I posed it, actually asking Chestnut to redraw it in a new style, but something about the way I had used Renpy's animation and transformation language to move the bits around just didn't work. It is done now, and I'm happy with it. I also debugged a number of issues with the code which had caused problems with the way looping carousel-like images were being displayed.

We have two weeks until the end of June, and the plan is to have everything in the first quest and at least the intro of the second quest ready for a retest during the first week of July. The first round of editing and debugging is always the most time-consuming one, so based on experience, the second round (and the ones after that) will go faster. There is, of course, the ending of the second quest which I redid recently and which after Chestnut has created the art for it (based on the new cutscenes and sprites additions and all the new placeholder we have created), will require its own retesting and editing and debugging. But we'll get there, and hopefully you'll enjoy the new content.

That's all.

cheers
EA should take notes from these guys.

Reactions: John-18

MarxDraconis

Oct 29, 2021
Weekly Report 214

View attachment 3740002

Hi everybody.

That's all.

cheers
Wow, just wow. When I gave my estimate of the update taking around two months to be finished, I internally considered that a little pessimistic. But now, if the first quest is only going to be ready to be tested in the beginning of July, then we might not even get the update this year. What a travesty.

Patrick777-

Jun 9, 2024
Well I guess we'll have to wait at least a few years for them to finish the game :unsure::coffee:

Oh actually I saw the last update was 2 years ago, so we may already consider it as a forever unfinished game, a bit sad, the char dev was nice

Last edited:

datarelay

Jun 8, 2021
After being abandoned I decided to give this one a try and now, at more than halfway from finishing it, I don't get it why people think this game is a big deal. The art is pretty and colorful, but it is nothing astonishing nor have any impressive scenes or characters. This is above average at best.

fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
what i really want to hear from the team is a plan on how they will handle the next update and cut down dev time massively because this one took way too long
Maybe this time they won't have a baby, so it will take "only" 18 months for an update instead of 3 years.

4.70 star(s) 447 Votes