mayylok

Jun 30, 2020
Weekly Report 214

View attachment 3740002

Hi everybody.

Happy Friday and I hope you've had a great week. First, I just want to say thank you to all of you who often leave us supportive comments in response to our posts be it here on Patreon, in our Discord server, or as it happened after the long explanation of last week via direct messages. I have said it before, but you really can't imagine how encouraging that is, even with this long dev period (and especially after it). Thank you and I just hope we deserve your kindness.

Last week Chestnut focused on cutscene variations and more sprite additions from the beginning of the second quest. She wanted to record a video, but the parts she was working on was a bit too spoilery, so that will have to wait.

I reposed/reanimated an event from Gomira's intro that had been bugging me for a while. I had already redone the event in question back when I posed it, actually asking Chestnut to redraw it in a new style, but something about the way I had used Renpy's animation and transformation language to move the bits around just didn't work. It is done now, and I'm happy with it. I also debugged a number of issues with the code which had caused problems with the way looping carousel-like images were being displayed.

We have two weeks until the end of June, and the plan is to have everything in the first quest and at least the intro of the second quest ready for a retest during the first week of July. The first round of editing and debugging is always the most time-consuming one, so based on experience, the second round (and the ones after that) will go faster. There is, of course, the ending of the second quest which I redid recently and which after Chestnut has created the art for it (based on the new cutscenes and sprites additions and all the new placeholder we have created), will require its own retesting and editing and debugging. But we'll get there, and hopefully you'll enjoy the new content.

That's all.

Have a wonderful weekend.
cheers

do you see it? they changed I don't know how many times! it's heartbreaking.. they don't even know where they're going with this.. you've lost your enthusiasm, the sooner you admit it, the sooner we'll get rid of this great old game.

do the next update on celestina so you can even take 10 years to get it out...
it's really a shame for Holly and the busty girl from the river

Reactions: John-18

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
I wish I shared your confidence. But if all the creators move to subscribestar, then all the money moves there, and the investor douchbags show up next, and then the investor douchebags force their douchey, narrow, bougie moralizing on that platform too to make it "advertiser friendly". And then the cycle repeats.

Nothing's gonna fix this because nothing's gonna make corporate greedsters see adult performers & creators as human. :(
Actually that would fix it no problem, the ones against all that "kinky stuff" is actually paypal who enforces that garbage. And Subscribestar does not use paypal, but it's such a usefull payment method which is also why a lot of creators bend over for patreon. :)

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
There was a point after the whole discussion between them, right before the start of the sex scene, where the MC said something like 'She said something else but I just didn't register and the next thing I know is that I was naked on the floor.' Devs just rewrote that part, fearing this 'I can't exactly remember how it happened but suddenly we were fucking' could be read as some drug-like side effect of the magic mushroom, and now the MC says 'But I wasn't feeling ill and it seemed I wasn't going to become big again anyway so I said fuck it, let's do it.' So the scene doesn't change but now there should be no doubt at all he is consenting.
I love how people seem to forget plenty of humans fuck without giving actual consent in real life, (atleast not verbally) stuff like the classic being horny touching each other and then bam you're undressing and fucking, nobody said anything, so are they now rapists? It's so fucking stupid xD Same for the fucking at parties stereotype, since they all drink atleast a bit, are they now also all rapists? Rules like this are so dumb and not thought through. But let's appease people who don't even care about this as usual =)

Reactions: kamikazedrew

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
Damn, I haven't been here in the thread for ages so I'm surprised to see that people only have bad things to say about WaL nowadays... I still love the game a ton and I want to see it continue but I definitely get the frustration of waiting for ages. It's been almost 2 years and Magicnuts are still cooking. Hopefully the new update is gonna release soon-ish. Maybe Magicnuts should also consider a different approach for the update after Gomira so it won't take this long each time.

Apr 25, 2021
... Maybe Magicnuts should also consider a different approach for the update after Gomira so it won't take this long each time.
LOL i even forgot the update was about Gomira. Imagine its been two years in development and we get 3 scenes with orc pussy and they call it a day- then another 4 years in development. Its almost laughable how slow these devs are. Like snails with fucking asthma. Are they using an iMac from 2003? That would explain the 6 months wait for bug fixes in a goddamn renpy game. Holy shit dude.

I guess slow and steady wins the race when it comes to scamming your supporters!

gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
does discord have an API so I can scrape all the progress images in the progress thread and do a little graph showing progress over time? cause it'd be depressing as hell
Who needs an API and an automated OCR system when you can just do it manually for each month?

Slower than before and a bit more work.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes