Daquarius

Jan 23, 2018
After being abandoned I decided to give this one a try and now, at more than halfway from finishing it, I don't get it why people think this game is a big deal. The art is pretty and colorful, but it is nothing astonishing nor have any impressive scenes or characters. This is above average at best.
The story is interesting, the jokes are actually funny and there's some kind of build up. The Genesis Order has a great animation but the story and the characters are insufferable.

BlindLeperLucy

Aug 5, 2016
Wow, just wow. When I gave my estimate of the update taking around two months to be finished, I internally considered that a little pessimistic. But now, if the first quest is only going to be ready to be tested in the beginning of July, then we might not even get the update this year. What a travesty.
I find amazing how real life can sometimes surpass our worst expectations. One time, around 2018 in /htg/, I jokingly made a prediction about A Wife and a Mother for when the main character was finally going to be nailed for the first time and I don't believe I stretched for 6 fucking years. Even the thought of waiting 3 years was absurd at the time, but here we are... Also Summertime Saga, I don't think the most pessimistic of us thought the Tech Update would take around 4 years to be done when DC announced it (if it comes out some time in 2025).

It wouldn't surprise me if this 99.8% completed update didn't see the light of day in July nor August, but idk, I'm getting jaded.

ProfN42

Feb 16, 2022
apart from the long updates I would like to have my say on this game... I believe that this game was killed by the polls for choosing the girl for the next update,,, the freedom and imagination that could be felt at the beginning of the game was killed by the compulsion of having to invent something for the chosen girl... some advice to the authors: if you ever make a new game, avoid surveys and various bullshit... you were off to a great start... the best game on the site... but the last two updates a sad heaviness... if you had continued with a bit of each girl for each update you would have continued to give a show and probably made many more updates....

sorry for my eng
Tempted to agree, mostly because some girls are just too polarizing. Just looking at the thread here there are clearly a lot of Gomira haters. If they tried to do a major Celestina update I would certainly be hating that wait for real (and not just jokingly the way I give Holly fans a hard time). The only thing worse than waiting for a long update on a game is waiting for a long update you know you won't even enjoy because it's not targeted at you. I think this might be one reason why the Nuts have avoided bringing in certain more "out there" fetishes that people have requested - too much risk of frustrating people who aren't into them.

If I could give them one tip it would be to take a page from political pollsters and poll not only a girl's "favorables" but her "unfavorables" as well and factor that in. For instance, Gomira clearly won a "first past the post" race. But she also has a vocal and diehard population of haters. Maybe going with someone a bit less overtly popular - but also less *unpopular* - would have helped. So I'd suggest to them to change over to ranked choice voting. (Yes, this has been a politics nerd moment, I'm sorry.) This does a better job of approaching a picture of consensus than first past the post, especially in a crowded field. Under ranked choice, voters are maybe a bit less likely to get the thing they want *most*, but they're much MORE likely to at least get something they can tolerate.
dayum literally this. Who the fuck loves to fuck green orcs lol
Imagine being a orcs fan in 2024 smh
GREEN IZ BEST ;)
Tfw the only positive thing you have to say about the updates is that it's not as bad as yandere simulator.
At first I thought you'd said "tsundere simulator" and I was like, "no, Holly is NEXT update..." :sneaky:
Wait what? Please dont tell me the devs are going to drop them?Any time I hear about a 'patreon guidelines' change, tis never good.
*Imperial March plays loudly*
"I am altering the deal. Pray I do not alter it further."
v0.6.03 changelog:
  • In the prologue, the MC is aged by one year: he was not allowed to be in the brothel's main halls until after he was 18, and he left for the New Capital on his nineteenth birthday.
  • For his nineteenth birthday, his moms were going to throw a surprise orgy for him involving the newer girls in the brothel (instead of themselves)
  • The MC does not play with the sleeping Lana's breasts before trying to steal her bottle.
  • Before having sex with Maple, a few lines have been added to establish that despite shrinking, his mind was not impacted by the influence of her pixie magic
And dev's words on it:
Wait, why were we worried that shrinking made Lassie not consent?? Who even could dream up such a weird problem to have with that scene? Lassie was obviously, overtly, wildly consenting to getting with Maple the whole way through. And could you blame him? Best Girl is Best Girl :love:
Ah yes the stuff about fictional consent, if you are drunk, drugged, hypnotized or mind controlled, BANNED !!! mwuahaha can't wait for everybody to move to subscribestar
I wish I shared your confidence. But if all the creators move to subscribestar, then all the money moves there, and the investor douchbags show up next, and then the investor douchebags force their douchey, narrow, bougie moralizing on that platform too to make it "advertiser friendly". And then the cycle repeats.

Nothing's gonna fix this because nothing's gonna make corporate greedsters see adult performers & creators as human. :(
Since the game released I just wanted to live a happy life in the game raising sheep with Holly, and to look at her asshole in doggy
>happy
>with Holly
Hmm, not sure she's into allowing her men to be "happy"... good luck w/ that
After being abandoned I decided to give this one a try and now, at more than halfway from finishing it, I don't get it why people think this game is a big deal. The art is pretty and colorful, but it is nothing astonishing nor have any impressive scenes or characters. This is above average at best.
3DCG enjoyer opinion detected :rolleyes:

I have scoured the internet. Trust me, WAL is unique in its combination of quality art, lovable girls, and wholesome main character. There's nothing else like it, at least in 2D art. That's why it's special. If you don't value those things, fine, I'm not knocking your preferences. Just please don't try to ask for a unique game to be turned into something we already have 50 clones of.
If we are not, there could be Half-Life 3 release sooner than WaL 1.0. So either way, we are winners.
Don't be silly, everyone knows Valve can't count to three :LOL:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Wait, why were we worried that shrinking made Lassie not consent?? Who even could dream up such a weird problem to have with that scene? Lassie was obviously, overtly, wildly consenting to getting with Maple the whole way through. And could you blame him? Best Girl is Best Girl :love:
There was a point after the whole discussion between them, right before the start of the sex scene, where the MC said something like 'She said something else but I just didn't register and the next thing I know is that I was naked on the floor.' Devs just rewrote that part, fearing this 'I can't exactly remember how it happened but suddenly we were fucking' could be read as some drug-like side effect of the magic mushroom, and now the MC says 'But I wasn't feeling ill and it seemed I wasn't going to become big again anyway so I said fuck it, let's do it.' So the scene doesn't change but now there should be no doubt at all he is consenting.

• Wow
Reactions: ProfN42

mayylok

Jun 30, 2020
Weekly Report 214

View attachment 3740002

Hi everybody.

Happy Friday and I hope you've had a great week. First, I just want to say thank you to all of you who often leave us supportive comments in response to our posts be it here on Patreon, in our Discord server, or as it happened after the long explanation of last week via direct messages. I have said it before, but you really can't imagine how encouraging that is, even with this long dev period (and especially after it). Thank you and I just hope we deserve your kindness.

Last week Chestnut focused on cutscene variations and more sprite additions from the beginning of the second quest. She wanted to record a video, but the parts she was working on was a bit too spoilery, so that will have to wait.

I reposed/reanimated an event from Gomira's intro that had been bugging me for a while. I had already redone the event in question back when I posed it, actually asking Chestnut to redraw it in a new style, but something about the way I had used Renpy's animation and transformation language to move the bits around just didn't work. It is done now, and I'm happy with it. I also debugged a number of issues with the code which had caused problems with the way looping carousel-like images were being displayed.

We have two weeks until the end of June, and the plan is to have everything in the first quest and at least the intro of the second quest ready for a retest during the first week of July. The first round of editing and debugging is always the most time-consuming one, so based on experience, the second round (and the ones after that) will go faster. There is, of course, the ending of the second quest which I redid recently and which after Chestnut has created the art for it (based on the new cutscenes and sprites additions and all the new placeholder we have created), will require its own retesting and editing and debugging. But we'll get there, and hopefully you'll enjoy the new content.

That's all.

Have a wonderful weekend.
cheers

do you see it? they changed I don't know how many times! it's heartbreaking.. they don't even know where they're going with this.. you've lost your enthusiasm, the sooner you admit it, the sooner we'll get rid of this great old game.

do the next update on celestina so you can even take 10 years to get it out...
it's really a shame for Holly and the busty girl from the river

Reactions: John-18

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
I wish I shared your confidence. But if all the creators move to subscribestar, then all the money moves there, and the investor douchbags show up next, and then the investor douchebags force their douchey, narrow, bougie moralizing on that platform too to make it "advertiser friendly". And then the cycle repeats.

Nothing's gonna fix this because nothing's gonna make corporate greedsters see adult performers & creators as human. :(
Actually that would fix it no problem, the ones against all that "kinky stuff" is actually paypal who enforces that garbage. And Subscribestar does not use paypal, but it's such a usefull payment method which is also why a lot of creators bend over for patreon. :)

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
There was a point after the whole discussion between them, right before the start of the sex scene, where the MC said something like 'She said something else but I just didn't register and the next thing I know is that I was naked on the floor.' Devs just rewrote that part, fearing this 'I can't exactly remember how it happened but suddenly we were fucking' could be read as some drug-like side effect of the magic mushroom, and now the MC says 'But I wasn't feeling ill and it seemed I wasn't going to become big again anyway so I said fuck it, let's do it.' So the scene doesn't change but now there should be no doubt at all he is consenting.
I love how people seem to forget plenty of humans fuck without giving actual consent in real life, (atleast not verbally) stuff like the classic being horny touching each other and then bam you're undressing and fucking, nobody said anything, so are they now rapists? It's so fucking stupid xD Same for the fucking at parties stereotype, since they all drink atleast a bit, are they now also all rapists? Rules like this are so dumb and not thought through. But let's appease people who don't even care about this as usual =)

Reactions: kamikazedrew

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
Damn, I haven't been here in the thread for ages so I'm surprised to see that people only have bad things to say about WaL nowadays... I still love the game a ton and I want to see it continue but I definitely get the frustration of waiting for ages. It's been almost 2 years and Magicnuts are still cooking. Hopefully the new update is gonna release soon-ish. Maybe Magicnuts should also consider a different approach for the update after Gomira so it won't take this long each time.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes