Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
First of all, I must say I love this game. I really do, and I have supported it in the past for little over one year. When the authors announced, they want to do relatively frequent updates (about every 3 months or so), it seemed like a reasonable approach. They however changed that somewhere after v0.4 and since then it is going really south.
The frequency of updates has steadily declined (3months -> 5months -> 7months -> 10months -> 20monts (still unreleased))
And while I do understand, that sh*t can happen, the speed of development does not seem reasonable at all. I have a feeling, they have fallen into the same trap like Summertime Saga, which has so called "tech update" under work for years now.

I really think that when some game gains enough supporters, the goal of the devs and the patrons actually become opposite. Patrons want the great game continuation and devs want the chicken to lay the golden eggs as long as possible, i.e. they have zero motivation to quickly deliver. This is why there is so few finished great games.

Really sad, that this has happened to this game as well..
Normal patreon milking is going 6-12 months without a update,19 months that is going to turn to 20+ soon is just obscene...

fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
I really think that when some game gains enough supporters, the goal of the devs and the patrons actually become opposite. Patrons want the great game continuation and devs want the chicken to lay the golden eggs as long as possible, i.e. they have zero motivation to quickly deliver. This is why there is so few finished great games.
Well said

J_M

Oct 8, 2017
Best reason for the supporters to pay the developer per update and not monthly.
Is the developer delivering the goods? Yes! Brilliant, here's some money for your work, thank you; No update? Too bad, no cash for you...

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Best reason for the supporters to pay the developer per update and not monthly....
And if the dev dont do that: there is a possibility very close to that.

I stopped to support some devs on Patreon lately, and I was asked if I want to stay as a "non-paying-member". I clicked "Yes".

Like that I get all the news about updates and progress, and when I want to support again, I do so.
When I cancel, I choose: "I wanted to support only with a certain amount of money, and now I did so".

Everyone has his responsibility about his own decisions.
No one is forced to be someone who is "milked".
Those who want to support, support. That easy.

(I supported a dev who did not deliver for about 2 years - for certain reasons. Since I have gotten so much from them in the past, I gladly wanted them to "survive" - although it was just 1€, but I wanted to set a sign).

Last edited:

J_M

Oct 8, 2017
Patreon should reinforce that. Of course this premise is surreal as it would severely limit their income.

Aug 26, 2018
Best reason for the supporters to pay the developer per update and not monthly.
Is the developer delivering the goods? Yes! Brilliant, here's some money for your work, thank you; No update? Too bad, no cash for you...
Is there a developer out there that actually bills per update? Sounds like a unicorn, no cap.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Is there a developer out there that actually bills per update? Sounds like a unicorn, no cap.
I know several.
There are also some who stop billing for one or more months, when they take a break or the update takes longer than expected.

What is "no cap" ?

bratkoratko

Jan 11, 2023
Patreon should reinforce that. Of course this premise is surreal as it would severely limit their income.
As you already basically said Patreon doesn't give a crap about its "donors"/customers they just want piece of the pie as long as you dont host some degenerative shit which would lower their reputation as a platform...thats like expecting twitch and onlyfans to suddenly start caring about addicted social outcast who bring the most cash on the table

FreelancerFL

Jul 23, 2017
Nope, it started because you insulted me, and just to let you know, I don't give two fucks about your opinion on a topic that worldwide known, don't event try to reason with me calling people dogs is fine, I am just schooling you here buddy, your parents badly raised you, you don't know the basics of being respectful, you don't have respect to yourself nor you parents, and your country is corrupted to it's roots, so fix yourself or don't, I don't care the less.

If you want keep your mentality corrupted like that, just know calling people dogs will upset them, even if you don't believe so, so learn to not do so in the future, and you don't, again, i don't give the slightest fuck about it, and this is the last post I will reply to you schooling you basics in human interactions.
Here you talking about mental corruption on A HENTAI FORUM

Bro are you a robot?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_

reees754

Jul 17, 2021
Anyone else get similar vibe Soulgasm has to What a Legend, at least in style and visual presentation?
https://f95zone.to/threads/soulgasm-alpha-v0-0-11-thatwashot-cptpopcorn.200723/
Hehe, yeah, indeed. Especially the Girl writing at the desk and the topdown Map give me Dejavu :)

Also playing this:
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-pig-princess-v0-7-0-cyancapsule.105032/

gave me a lot of moments, where i´d go: "wait a minute, this has WaL vibes all over it. Did the WaL artist just changed the style a little bit to do work for other games too without beeing noticed????!!!".

Would explain why the update cycle went from 3 months to 2 years..... . :cool:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes