carpe133

Jan 18, 2019
Holy crap I came back 2 years later and this update is STILL not completed? What da heo!!?
I'm sorry but it looks like the Devs have been slacking off big time and just milking the patreons for free meal tickets. I am in software development and it does not take THIS long for what should have been a simple update. It's not like they are rewriting the entire game from scratch ffs. This game is dead for sure.

Jan 3, 2019
Holy crap I came back 2 years later and this update is STILL not completed? What da heo!!?
I'm sorry but it looks like the Devs have been slacking off big time and just milking the patreons for free meal tickets. I am in software development and it does not take THIS long for what should have been a simple update. It's not like they are rewriting the entire game from scratch ffs. This game is dead for sure.
They kind of had a baby, then it's unclear what's going on, but there's been no update for 2 years and unfortunately another promising game that fell victim to milking.

Mehr7ad

Oct 24, 2021
Say what you want about Summertime Saga but that one at least is a complete game at this point and the devs did deliver early on. WAL is just a plain scam. To think that I entertained the notion of supporting them once. Dodged a bullet.
You think that game is finished but they redid half the characters art styles and the other half are still old version
IMO that is a definition of a half done game

Reactions: Tuga85 and GaRbS
Jun 20, 2019
You think that game is finished but they redid half the characters art styles and the other half are still old version
I'm talking about the previous version. I remember it got me like 20h of gameplay which I enjoyed.

fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
I mean, WAL has like 5 girls ready out of 15. Not even half of the game is finished.

By the way, i posted something about the devs possibly taking new jobs while still keeping this scam up and it got deleted. Maybe i was onto something...

caviarkush1

May 4, 2024
I mean, WAL has like 5 girls ready out of 15. Not even half of the game is finished.

By the way, i posted something about the devs possibly taking new jobs while still keeping this scam up and it got deleted. Maybe i was onto something...
I replied to that comment saying something about how they're probably just sitting in the sun in Spain and drinking cocktails on patreon money and some more shit about their sponsors. We both got deleted for inciting arguments apparently

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
A renpy game BTW!!!!

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
It reminds me of a guy I knew who was working remotely way back before working remotely was common. At first he still basically did work just like in the office. But then he had situations come up like he had a day where he slept in and initially was panicking and freaking out but nothing happened, no one even noticed that he started work almost 2 hours late.

Over the following months, he just became increasingly emboldened until it got to the point where it was rare for him to do more than an hour or two of work in a typical day.

As of this moment, WAL is still pulling in just shy of $7400/mo, to do basically jack shit. There is no motivation or pressure for them to do any better so they will not. It's in our nature to not waste energy when it is not necessary to do so, it's a survival instinct.

Now, if they suddenly lost half their subs, you would suddenly see them crank out a fucking update so fast it would make your head spin.

caviarkush1

May 4, 2024
It reminds me of a guy I knew who was working remotely way back before working remotely was common. At first he still basically did work just like in the office. But then he had situations come up like he had a day where he slept in and initially was panicking and freaking out but nothing happened, no one even noticed that he started work almost 2 hours late.

Over the following months, he just became increasingly emboldened until it got to the point where it was rare for him to do more than an hour or two of work in a typical day.

As of this moment, WAL is still pulling in just shy of $7400/mo, to do basically jack shit. There is no motivation or pressure for them to do any better so they will not. It's in our nature to not waste energy when it is not necessary to do so, it's a survival instinct.

Now, if they suddenly lost half their subs, you would suddenly see them crank out a fucking update so fast it would make your head spin.
So true. Unless they have a passion for it, there's absolutely no reason for them to work.

When the update does come out, it's likely to be years before we see another. Their promise of 0.7 is what's keeping them relevant and many people subscribed atm.

Reactions: T3X

B_st_cloud

Apr 22, 2021
The update better be impressive, if comes out and its 20-30 minutes max with only a few different drawings the outrage on here could fuel my house for months.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
It never ceases to amaze me how many users 'like' this game so much that they only comment on this thread. It's almost as if their whole activity in this forum was devoted to these devs: there's more than 18k game threads in the forum (plus +3K comics and many other sections) yet they never felt compelled to write about anyone or anything else, just how 'great' Magicnuts are. Gotta respect that full dedication. So kudos to the 2 of them we can see on this very same page, and also to the other one who only wrote 3 messages elsewhere.

Here's the last public video posted on Patreon around 10 days ago. This is what 'polishing phase' actually means.
Here's a video (at x5 speed) showing the creation of an additional cutscene for an event from Gomira's second quest. This is one of those images that we're adding in the polish phase to improve the overall feel of the content, and in this particular case we had shown this exact action from a different angle, and while that worked well, something was missing and the scene didn't have as much impact as we had planned, hence this addition.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes