VN Ren'Py What Could Go Wrong? [Ep. 2 Part 1] [WsZgamez]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
Not sure how you managed that. I played through twice and made different choices. Both ended the same way.
I just made what felt like the obvious choices. Kissed and fingered her in the club and told the truth before leaving. The red/blue choices just seem to determine whether the MC will be dominant or submissive, i don't think those influence her decision but i might be wrong.

Reactions: MojoJoeJoe

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I just made what felt like the obvious choices. Kissed and fingered her in the club and told the truth before leaving. The red/blue choices just seem to determine whether the MC will be dominant or submissive, i don't think those influence her decision but i might be wrong.
Didn't know they could stay together. In previous page I saw a comment saying they always stop being a couple after episode 0...

Still even if it's a matter of choice, I'd still like some option to react at being used as a disposable human dildo at the cost of losing his job and being forcefully uprooted...

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
So, gave this a shot. Haven't finished it yet, but, the MC is annoying as fuck and lazy it seems. Plus, he's fuckin short. Anyway, I'll finish this out. Hopefully it gets better and the MC gets less annoying.

Reactions: Cotytto

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Whole and anothe one. Does not one of you want the babe to choose you?
She chose you, fools. You wants games where by the grace of dev ex makina your lousy
pick up lines get you the babe? Aren”t you overbearingly unreasonable, just a huge margin? After picking on the Mc so viciously: ” MC is annoying as fuck and lazy it seems ”,
you gotta accept the girls will wear the pants, gamers, you are gaming for babes,
you are the princessy shivering timber the moment such hotties pass by.
They pick you.
Get over yourselves and give the girls some praise:
The moment she does not choose you, for whatever reason,
there is no game, Kaput, nada, zilch.
after i see some posts i get it you are forced to have sex with her without a choice?
no need to answer i already deleted it after ambush kiss i know there was coming forced sex
MC is annoying as fuck and lazy it seems
Holy fuck, introduce a text box! I can't read half the text and now my eyes hurt.
Same thing! I want to be able to choose the girl I like and I hate forcing!
For those who don't like being forced to be with a particular chick, I'm planning to add the option to skip Ep0 when Ep1 is released.
Great game. Anticlimactic title. Game makers with a lil more time on their hands,
could make it a bad end if gamers refuse the hotties,
making it a gaming strong statement there are fates they should not mess with.
I mean, we are playing to see and enjoy the hot scenes while playing, right?
There are solutions for transparency sliders, should
anyone need or want them:
Main features:
  • universal = works in most Ren'Py games
  • easy to add = extract to the root folder of the game*
  • easy to remove = two files to delete (y_outline.rpy and y_outline.rpyc) in the subfolder named "game"
* where the executable file of the game is

Original game:
View attachment 92448
( by Likesblondes)

View attachment 143424
( by Daniels K)

Patched game:
up to v2.4.x
View attachment 92449

v2.5 and up
View attachment 143425

Known problems:

A temporary solution for the incompatibility problem implemented in v2.4.10
A permanent solution found for the hidden/inactive/missing quick menu problem and implemented in v2.6. Just hit Alt+m in case quick menu is hidden and it should appear. In case it doesn't, please let me know about it.
  1. Incompatibility of the patch v2.4.7 and newer with older versions of Ren'Py (older than v6.99.14).
    What does it mean?
    If the game is made with a Ren'Py SDK older than v6.99.14, the game will crash with the transparency patch v2.4.7 and newer.
    What is the solution to the problem?
    In case after adding my patch to the game the game will crash with an error message:
    File "game/y_outline.rpy", line 157: u'pagekeys' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the viewport statement.
    Then you can use the
  2. In case quick menu is hidden in some games and after applying transparency patch v2.5 v2.6 or newer it won't appear when you hit (repeatedly) Alt+Shift+M Alt+m, you may have to save the game once and then load that save. This should activate quick menu.
    set
    $ suppress_overlay = False
    $ quick_menu = True
    manually via console. Starting a new game sometimes also works.

The boring stuff:

Some time ago I made a patch for myself to remove the dialog box background from Ren'Py games and a little later thought that some users here may like it, too. So I posted it in one of the game threads first, then added a link to my sig, but I didn't think that it would deserve a separate thread here.

Now I created this thread only to make getting feedback from users easier. Especially because I started to add game-specific overrides to my patch now and I'd like to keep it all in one place.

One important request:

Please, let me know about the games where my patch isn't working or creates problems and I'll try to take a look at them and find a way to fix it.

TL/DR: (read when you're stuck or have questions)

This is the important part of the current README file of my patch:

Changelog:

In case you have trouble with the newest patch version, please let me know about it and try to use v2.4.12

Download: attachment here

v2.6.3 hash:
MD5: 9653DFB853837ED149C525027F5904BE
SHA-1: B88FDB636DBCFABFA0272FF1269B425C1A316F45
SHA-256: 00B7740338392A5D396A807D312C5335E1BFB97A3567CB73F53E35C5A526CB8F
SHA-384: 64611D2A14E22F1FF8BD9BC4B6BF93C3429AD331E5B46CF064D6AFF82EEC4F4CE4B618EE7C19C509289D531FF8E9EC48

hash:
MD5: ADD0D15AB681EC02A18D121EC49E2F3F
SHA-1: A9EA3385A18F531B2F3C9DEB6EF04F1B4A7CFFDA
SHA-256: CE1391ADF62182E864B2AE2C384AC41460FA6ABE800453D2D3284496F9F3FC2F
SHA-384: 545E8CCABF57636E9B043E2E64EB84ECACADA93807C0EBF2D7414067B3635474E20A54D43DF3AE2A029DCEBCEDC83C4B

Added a for restoring Ren'Py keymap in games where it's been partially disabled or messed up. It was made specifically for the Chasing Sunsets game, but works as well for other Ren'Py games.
The main thing you want is the screen say():, stored in screens.rpy.

That's pretty much the box and all it's subparts/components that appears at the bottom of the screen.

The screen: uses various style statements to flesh out the basic design.

The short version is that there is couple of window statements that draw the bits you can see. The first main window known as "textbox" shows any dialogue shown by the game and a second (usually smaller) window called "namebox" shows the character's name (assuming a character is speaking).

If you look at the code, you'll see a line:
Python:
background Image("gui/textbox.png", xalign=0.5, yalign=1.0)

This is the main image used behind the text. It can be the full width of the screen, or one pixel wide (it's automatically repeated horizontally to fill the screen). So if you want to make it more transparent, you need only edit /game/gui/textbox.png with your favorite graphics editor (Photoshop/GIMP). Or create a brand new image with the same name. Or create a brand new image and change the line I've quoted above to point to the new image. You know... whatever...

A similar line and image exist for the namebox. This can be a little more awkward, as you can't always predict what size image you needed (different games use different character names - imagine "Jo" -vs- "Professor Christoffersson"). But it's all configurable. Which brings me to my next point...

If you look at the screen definition, you'll see it's using a lot of predefined variables... like gui.textbox_height or gui.name_ypos. These are usually set in /game/gui.rpy.

So if you make the overall box image smaller, you can adjust gui.textbox_height to let RenPy know that the available space it can show text at the bottom of the screen is smaller.

You can also alter things like gui.dialogue_xpox, gui.dialogue_ypos and gui.dialogue_width to alter where within that window the text will appear (reducing the xpos and increasing the width can still leave the text centered, but wider for example). Just be careful if you ever plan to use side images (character portraits) though not to make the text so wide it overlaps the area those pictures may appear.

Obviously if you make the overall box smaller, you may need to reposition where the namebox appears. It's unlikely you need to adjust it manually though, as the namebox is automatically positioned relative to the overall textbox. But maybe you'd want to tweak it if you've made the font smaller or bigger or something.
Here you go, the last part goes into your preferences screen.

Python:
default persistent.textbox_transparency = 0.0

screen say(who, what):
    style_prefix "say"
    ###Textbox transparency
    $ l_alpha = 1 - persistent.textbox_transparency
    ###

window:
        id "window"
        #######Textbox transparency
        background Image(im.Alpha("gui/textbox.png", l_alpha), xalign=0.5, yalign=1.0)
        ######

if who is not None:

window:
                id "namebox"
                style "namebox"
                text who id "who"

text what id "what"

## If there's a side image, display it above the text. Do not display on the
    ## phone variant - there's no room.
    if not renpy.variant("small"):
        add SideImage() xalign 0.0 yalign 1.0

### Textbox transparency
label _("Textbox Transparency")

bar value FieldValue(persistent, "textbox_transparency", range=1.0, style="slider")
##########
Hi all! I'm Very new to coding but have been learning a ton from the modders here. Thank you all for the work you do.

Also I would like to share my On-The-Fly TextBox Switcher Mod with Color Preview and Opacity adjustment.

Current Features are:

1.) Using the existing Preferences Menu, it gives you the ability to choose among 5 options for your Dialogue Textbox along with making the 'Textbutton' for each color a preview:
(The stock Textbox.PNG that the games Dev provided, "Dark Blue", "Dark Red", "Violet" and "Transparent")

2.) It also creates a slider bar there to adjust the Opacity of the Textbox.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment 1059574 View attachment 1059575 View attachment 1059577 View attachment 1059576
Mod for the game with some more game settings (textbox opacity, textsize, outlines, named saves etc)
Thank you very much, KoGa3, you are yet again a game saver.
Game oN.

Last edited:
Reactions: WsZ

bruce555

Sep 7, 2019
She chose you, fools. You wants games where by the grace of dev ex makina your lousy
pick up lines get you the babe? Aren”t you overbearingly unreasonable, just a huge margin? After picking on the Mc so viciously: ” MC is annoying as fuck and lazy it seems ”,
you gotta accept the girls will wear the pants, gamers, you are gaming for babes,
They pick you.

Great game. Anticlimactic title. Game makers with a lil more time on their hands,

Game oN.
Dude i didn't understand a damn what you meant (my native language is not english...sorry.) i prefer milfs to be inconsolable widows...in this case the best milf is married and not I like forcing!

Reactions: battali0n

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
What Could Go Wrong? [Ep. 0 Full] Unofficial Android Port

- 275mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

• Angry
Reactions: Belzeebub$

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
So if you go red, you cannot maintain the relationship? What are choices necessary to maintain relationship with Amanda?

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
They pick you.

Game oN.
Huh. No idea what you said. lol But, if the woman is wearing the pants, I have no reason to play. I wish the dev well.

Jun 25, 2021
Another VN that perfectly fits my tastes. I love erotic stuff with cheating spouses and the initial release of this VN executed on that concept very well.
The new update takes the story further into romantic and other genres that I love even more. Worried a little that it's gonna burn up, but I'm loving it so far.

• Red Heart
Reactions: WsZ

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
I can understand that some hate being forced into 'relationship' without having a choice. But then again that's pretty much WHAT the game is premised on! 'What Could Go Wrong'

I found the game decently written.. hot renders.. but with minimal/short animations.. I enjoyed 'not cringing' as I read the dialog.. The path this one is taking is a realistic one considering the background information revealed as it goes on..

Looking forward to seeing more.

Pretty decent so far WsZgamez

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
So if you go red, you cannot maintain the relationship? What are choices necessary to maintain relationship with Amanda?
I did some testing and it seems like you need to choose a mix of red and blue. Picking all red or all blue will result in her ending things.

My choices were:

And i had the option to continue the relationship. You can still end things yourself if you don't want that.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 11 Votes