What happened to the MMD thread this time?

Bale99

Jul 17, 2023
Damn...this is so true...

Maybe this is the best way to control Millions members...
This modders rulee the f95z guys...
Even though my bookmarks was gone...
They know what they doing...
I feel like its not easy to controlling people this much to stay on rule...
God bless you modders

Dec 25, 2017
There is no such a thing as a wannamoyu Animation thread.
Not in the animations group.
There was on the other hand a thread called "moyuu-wannamoyu-mmd.185136" and it got deleted as well. It was not in the animation group, just in discussion group, but it became the defacto wannamoyu thread, the whole content was shared there in one post, and frequently updated by fans. No other MMD was shared there, just wannamoyu.
I and 2 other people too asked why it was deleted here in this thread, if you read back.

The artist's content is 100% in line with all the rules (no loli whatsoever), so we, wannamoyu fans were wondering why the deletion...

So now I am trying to get it into the animation group, I created the thread according to the template in Comic & Animations Uploading Rules and How to post content under Games / Comics & Animations in the animation requests group and reported it as animation update. If mods, or others from the community help with 2nd and 3rd mirrors, which is needed by the rules, and which I might not be able to do as it is 430G+, then I guess it will be moved in animations. Until then, I guess it stays in the animation requests.

Last edited:
Reactions: ok42069 and HDGhost

simponsimpviolence

Aug 9, 2020
Is there any sort of compromise that can be made with dump threads? I was thinking something along the lines of reporting posts with content from any specific artist to be moved/mirrored to their own thread. Old posts can then be slowly pruned while redirecting traffic to the appropriate threads. The reality is a lot of content posted to the MMD thread came from the collections of users in non-english forums on foreign file-hosts and required mirroring on more locally available hosting. Not sure if these kinds of requests fit into any individual artist threads. I think putting the people who are actually contributing while abiding by the rules into the same bucket as everybody else kind of defeats the purpose of this entire forum no?

Reactions: aglingua

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I said it's 100% legal, because it *is* 100% legal.
Wrong
Again, I linked the law that is active on the books.
I linked the US DOJ page which discusses the law.
You simply saying what you think is reality doesn't make it so.

HDGhost

Sep 28, 2019
Yes, this. We aren't banning MMD altogether, we are just banning the MMD sharing thread which was a mix of multiple artists. So, content threads (threads in comic/animation request) of specific artist are fine and if they dont break rules like Rule 7 then they will be moved to Comic/animations release forum by moderators or uploaders after making the necessary changes to thread template and adding mirrors if needed.
Would a "Status-Thread" maybe fine? Also i mean no content in that "mix of multiple artist"-thread itself, just links to given threads in "comic/animation request" like "new video from XYZ out now in <LINK>"?
So we dont have too look trough / mark us all individual threads in "comic/animation request" and can get updates just like before but still get your point of now no mixed content in a thread anymore?

Cunt

Supreme Asshole
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Feb 7, 2019
Not in the animations group.
There was on the other hand a thread called "moyuu-wannamoyu-mmd.185136" and it got deleted as well. It was not in the animation group, just in discussion group, but it became the defacto wannamoyu thread, the whole content was shared there in one post, and frequently updated by fans. No other MMD was shared there, just wannamoyu.
I and 2 other people too asked why it was deleted here in this thread, if you read back.

The artist's content is 100% in line with all the rules (no loli whatsoever), so we, wannamoyu fans were wondering why the deletion...

So now I am trying to get it into the animation group, I created the thread according to the template in Comic & Animations Uploading Rules and How to post content under Games / Comics & Animations in the animation requests group and reported it as animation update. If mods, or others from the community help with 2nd and 3rd mirrors, which is needed by the rules, and which I might not be able to do as it is 430G+, then I guess it will be moved in animations. Until then, I guess it stays in the animation requests.
Since it was reported I will do it when I'm finished with my current stuff. But as you can imagine 400gb takes time to mirror so it will take certainly some time. Btw SFW will be removed by me when I move the thread because we are a NSFW forum after all ✌

Reactions: Bale99

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Is there any sort of compromise that can be made with dump threads? I was thinking something along the lines of reporting posts with content from any specific artist to be moved/mirrored to their own thread. Old posts can then be slowly pruned while redirecting traffic to the appropriate threads. The reality is a lot of content posted to the MMD thread came from the collections of users in non-english forums on foreign file-hosts and required mirroring on more locally available hosting. Not sure if these kinds of requests fit into any individual artist threads. I think putting the people who are actually contributing while abiding by the rules into the same bucket as everybody else kind of defeats the purpose of this entire forum no?
This is just like having the old thread back but now having uploaders go through it. This is also along the lines where you could make a request thread and share it there.

answer, no. Sharing thread won’t be back.

Dec 25, 2017
Since it was reported I will do it when I'm finished with my current stuff. But as you can imagine 400gb takes time to mirror so it will take certainly some time. Btw SFW will be removed by me when I move the thread because we are a NSFW forum after all ✌
Thx! Yep, I can imagine, so no rush.

But can we still keep the SFW, maybe in 1 mirror as of right now?
I know its not NSFW, and its available on youtube, but its not in the original encoding, but in youtube's webm.
And the collection is full with it.
I for example sometimes find the SFW version more erotic and arousing.

Anyway, if not, I guess I still can move that to a post of mine inside the thread.

simponsimpviolence

Aug 9, 2020
This is just like having the old thread back but now having uploaders go through it. This is also along the lines where you could make a request thread and share it there.

answer, no. Sharing thread won’t be back.
In my mind, I'm basically asking for a new forum section but that might be too much to ask for. It's not so much that I think the old thread should be back as is, rather that there's a logistical issue that is conveniently solved by a high visibility thread. Not sure how existing uploaders would fit into this as I would assume that few if any can retrieve the files from foreign hosting in any reasonable amount of time. Asking regular users that can do exactly that to apply for uploader roles also comes down to approval and availability.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
In my mind, I'm basically asking for a new forum section but that might be too much to ask for. It's not so much that I think the old thread should be back as is, rather that there's a logistical issue that is conveniently solved by a high visibility thread. Not sure how existing uploaders would fit into this as I would assume that few if any can retrieve the files from foreign hosting in any reasonable amount of time. Asking regular users that can do exactly that to apply for uploader roles also comes down to approval and availability.
I do vaguely remember having a discussion in our staff chat about making a separate forum for stuff like this or similar. Ultimately we choose not to support it. As we primarily focus on games, comics and animations. Development is slow on the new site update, which would give us a better way of managing stuff. As its only 1 or 2 people working on it and mainly in their free time. There are not many who want to develop for a community like ours or those that do, charge way too much ($120 or more an hour).

• Wow
Reactions: aglingua and Sinri

Cunt

Supreme Asshole
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Feb 7, 2019
Thx! Yep, I can imagine, so no rush.

But can we still keep the SFW, maybe in 1 mirror as of right now?
I know its not NSFW, and its available on youtube, but its not in the original encoding, but in youtube's webm.
And the collection is full with it.
I for example sometimes find the SFW version more erotic and arousing.

Anyway, if not, I guess I still can move that to a post of mine inside the thread.
I'll will keep it in the thread with just Pixeldrain from you. But I will not maintain the SFW links meaning once they are dead either you have to re-up them or other f95 users.

Reactions: Gabor Kapitany

SaraVL57

May 16, 2022
Wrong
Again, I linked the law that is active on the books.
I linked the US DOJ page which discusses the law.
You simply saying what you think is reality doesn't make it so.
You linked an outdated law with nothing supporting its validity or enforcement towards loli and shota, no one has ever been arrested for either unless they did something actually illegal beforehand you're delusional if you think it means anything

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You linked an outdated law with nothing supporting its validity or enforcement towards loli and shota, no one has ever been arrested for either unless they did something actually illegal beforehand you're delusional if you think it means anything
That you are unable to even read at the top of the :
"18 USC 1466A: Obscene visual representations of the sexual abuse of children
Text contains those laws in effect on August 19, 2024" undermines your entire argument.

That you cannot accept the US DOJ statements on an active page on their official website undermines your entire argument.

Loli and shota is not 100% legal in the United States.

loliluka

May 9, 2022
Im not using a weird Korean site for MMD, and I tried this Matrix thing but im too much of a boomer to wrap my head around it, same problem with discord. Here's an anime sharing thread, not only do they have most of this forums functionalities but they also love and welcome loli content over there.

I'll be posting citrus updates there regardless if people join in.

SaraVL57

May 16, 2022
That you are unable to even read at the top of the :
"18 USC 1466A: Obscene visual representations of the sexual abuse of children
Text contains those laws in effect on August 19, 2024" undermines your entire argument.

That you cannot accept the US DOJ statements on an active page on their official website undermines your entire argument.

Loli and shota is not 100% legal in the United States.
You're missing my point you sound like a robot repeating the same slop, I didn't say it was 100% legal I said they don't care so it is basically 100% legal even if its actually 99.5% so using it as an argument against someone is just stupid we do technically illegal things everyday in life man there's so many little things the government doesn't care about and this is just another example the fbi is gonna laugh in your face and ignore you if you called in about someone having a loli stash