VN Ren'Py When It All Started [v0.04] [Kalyha]

3.70 star(s) 19 Votes

ADM Studios

Developer of "My Teacher is Bankrupt"
Game Developer
Feb 28, 2023
Personally, I admire the progress of this game, unlike RHC. Ever since I witnessed the scene of the thieves breaking into the house, I was captivated—haha! I eagerly await the upcoming updates for this game. Best wishes with the project!

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
From what I've played, Ive found constant bitching at the MC and him being told to shut up whenever he has the gall to open his mouth rather irritating. It's actually putting me off the LI's as I just want to tell them to piss off more than I want to bang them.

It almost makes me want to deliberately tank the game by choosing all the wrong decisions just to spite the characters.

Last edited:

Z77Z

Nov 12, 2023
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 13930, in script
MC "I should be enjoying my holiday chilling in bed and playing games but now I have to sneak behind my [MomN!] just to take pictures of her naked!"
ValueError: Conversion specifier can't be empty.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
MC "I should be enjoying my holiday chilling in bed and playing games but now I have to sneak behind my [MomN!] just to take pictures of her naked!"
File "renpy/ast.py", line 930, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1474, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1337, in __call__
what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1251, in prefix_suffix
return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
File "renpy/character.py", line 1231, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 589, in _vformat
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 179, in convert_field
raise ValueError("Conversion specifier can't be empty.")

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.3.23091805
When it all Started 0.04
Wed Nov 22 13:46:38 2023
```

What should I do?

Reactions: Evoo190

Kalyha

Developer of Restore Her Career / WIAS
Game Developer
Mar 16, 2019
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 930, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1474, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1337, in __call__
what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1251, in prefix_suffix
return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
File "renpy/character.py", line 1231, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 589, in _vformat
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 179, in convert_field
raise ValueError("Conversion specifier can't be empty.")

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.3.23091805
When it all Started 0.04
Wed Nov 22 13:46:38 2023
```

What should I do?
I fixed this already. You can simply click on "ignore", it's not big deal actually. Just the relation variable has been messed up for that line of dialogue.

From what I've played, Ive found constant bitching at the MC and him being told to shut up whenever he has the gall to open his mouth rather irritating. It's actually putting me off the LI's as I just want to tell them to piss off more than I want to bang them.

It almost makes me want to deliberately tank the game by choosing all the wrong decisions just to spite the characters.
I made Natasha bossy but endearing and carring. And MC is quite lazy but still a kind young man that can bring support to people he loves if he makes effort. Both actually love each other but still get annoyed from time to time, as it is in real life after all.
And then, I wanted to show a real change in their relation, a before and after the event, to makes sense with the title "when it all started".

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
Can anyone or Dev know if there is or will be NTR content in this game? I'm posting because it's something I want to know because I don't want to start a game that will later have NTR or any kind of thing

• Angry
Reactions: acondo and Hese_1

otoboke

Nov 6, 2019
No NTR in any of my games.
With all respect, Kalyha, but no bother yourself with answering to such posts. With this kind of formulation, they not so much wants to receive information, as mostly trying to manipulate everyone around them, proclaiming to the world that they will slam the door if answer will not please them. Really, this fckn shit I see everyday in every thread. They all the same. I can presume they gonna die if they try NTR game, maybe some kind of weird disease of smth, IDK, but there is no necessity to inform everyone about their state. No one asking them for self manifesto.

Meanwhile, you can't find a post anywhere saying: ".. I want to know because I don't want to start a game that will later have no NTR or any kind of thing.".

ajajkajadha

Jun 26, 2022
Can I just say that I love this little (very little) teasing NTR (I don't even know if I should be calling those scenes "ntr", there's no setup for it, and i don't want trigger the fragile souls) that goes on the games that this dev makes? Like the robber scene, and also that one friend (forgot his name) from the other VN.

It's just just a tip of a situation that never unfolds, i really like it.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
RHC has a lot more content.
at the moment, yes, BUT(!!!) if we translate not into global (that is, in general) but into specific (that is, “per unit volume”) values, then I very much doubt it... although would be because after the plot develops, there will be much more potential incest content in WIAS than in RHC. speculating, I will assume that in WIAS MC it will also be possible to dominate his women, moreover, they are mostly his relatives (two sisters, mother and aunt). whereas in RHC, MC only has his mother and aunt for incestuous fun. just give it time and WIAS might even put RHK in his belt, eat it for breakfast and ask for more. MC has a father to cheat with his wife behind his back - just give it time. oh yes, I forgot about uncle, who was the impetus for all this - he should be made a cuckold as punishment, humiliated - forced to watch how MC will have fun with his aunt (that is, his wife).
WIAS has more potential. although if we look at it from the point of view of humiliating rivals, then RHK has more potential - this is Uncle (Aunt Jenna’s husband), John (Linda’s Husband) and type-friend Alex (Emma’s son)

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
When is the new update I'm waiting
This is the game he works on when he wants to take a break from his other game - so it will probably be a while before we get an update on this one. Of course, that could change tomorrow. :)

Reactions: ramvivat

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
With all respect, Kalyha, but no bother yourself with answering to such posts. With this kind of formulation, they not so much wants to receive information, as mostly trying to manipulate everyone around them, proclaiming to the world that they will slam the door if answer will not please them. Really, this fckn shit I see everyday in every thread. They all the same. I can presume they gonna die if they try NTR game, maybe some kind of weird disease of smth, IDK, but there is no necessity to inform everyone about their state. No one asking them for self manifesto.

Meanwhile, you can't find a post anywhere saying: ".. I want to know because I don't want to start a game that will later have no NTR or any kind of thing.".
I thank DEV for answering my question and on top of that I will follow him because he doesn't make games like that. As for the question, it's a simple doubt I had after reading the tags and finding out more about the game, I'm not here to manipulate anyone, because everyone has their own taste and style. I didn't die, I'm alive, but I already played a game that wasn't supposed to have NTR and then it ended up happening, I felt really bad about it because it's something that doesn't belong to me, it doesn't give me pleasure.
And lastly, I'm sorry if I offended you with my question, but as far as I know it's human beings to have doubts and questions and to resolve them, ask.

vazgenvaz

Dec 16, 2017
Very interesting game and have a lot of story content with good plot. The game is definitely worth the attention.

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
Just curious. What was the game?
I'm sorry, but it's been a while since I played this game, and when it's something that doesn't do me any good I prefer to forget it, you might think it's a lie, but there's no reason to do that here, I wouldn't gain anything from it. But there is a Dickmon x who he is not but the guys are pushing and voting on Patreon to have this with the MC's mother.

Last edited:
Reactions: clowns234

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Personally, I admire the progress of this game, unlike RHC. Ever since I witnessed the scene of the thieves breaking into the house, I was captivated—haha! I eagerly await the upcoming updates for this game. Best wishes with the project!
I think a lot of people do. Besides the MC not being a douchebag, what I like is that the MC still has a love connection with the female characters. There's still a bunch of corruption in game, but there's a conflict between corrupting and the personal feelings the MC has. On RHC that is unexistant.

Even if it isn't my cup of tea, the fact that MC is a douche, I can understand some liking that, it's a kink after all. But still there isn't any kind of connection in the relationship with the female characters, it feels bland and just a corruption simulator. In this game the writing is much better as well because of that, even without the H content it makes you hooked to think what's going to happen next and what the thieves will ask you to do.

1 feels like a corruption simulator, the other actually actually feels like a story (with corruption). No offense to the dev, it's just my opinion.

3.70 star(s) 19 Votes