4.30 star(s) 184 Votes

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
two month and half , and only 65% done :(
Let me quote myself: "I had already 430+ renders done. But I deleted them all." (The post)"

I did start to work on WIAB "Chapter 6" 13 days ago. (After I deleted all the low quality renders.)

Summer's Gone did distort my complete timeline but rewarded me with new visual render skills.

And I am now over 300 renders and 3 animations back in. (I sadly did waste some time with a very complex animation I had to scrap bc my PC couldn't handle it.)

So I made around 45% of progress in 13 days while my PC was literally running 24/7.

Now that the camping trip is finally over, I can work a lot faster and more efficiently. (And most importantly without destroying my sanity).

After the release of Chapter 6 in February, the release schedule of WIAB will be normal again (2 months).

But I will create a Patreon post later with more details.

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
When you play 'vanilla' to stay faithful to Miru and vice versa, and then suddenly you got an option to dump her? What trigger this? I just don't get it... o_O

And yeah this game really need proofreading... a lot of typos and some dialogue doesn't make sense... and I found one dialogue that still have text 'name' on it (not converted to mc name that we choose).

Ah well I'm still playing the game and trying the other routes because the story really got me intrigued and really want to know the rest of it. That and because the good renders of the girls (for fa.. eh research material)

candycucumber

Sep 8, 2017

Greetings!
1. 0.6 digitates to Chapter 6.
2. General info
3. Previews

1. 0.6 digitates to Chapter 6.

This is the first real update regarding 0.6. Or as we will call it in the future: Chapter 6.
My updates almost always feature a beginning and an ending and "Chapter" sounds so much better than a mechanical 0.6.

2. General Info
While I was working on my other Project, Summer's Gone. Which was updated a week ago. I am now back on my main priority, WIAB.
I had already 430+ renders done. But I deleted them all.
"... You what?"
I deleted them because I improved my rendering skills a little and I can't use a visual when I know I can do it better. I know that some people don't care about the visuals that much but I can't help it, sorry.
Now that I am using my newly acquired techniques I am running into some hardcore hardware limitations. I had some serious rendering problems in 0.5. The Camping trip is massive and as some of you remember I mentioned the "hard time" I had when I released 0.5
This problem now got even worse. It's lagging like hell and it's just a cramp to build scenes in an environment like this. Imagine playing an ego shooter with 7 FPS. To this add a 5-second screen lag every time you shoot. (In my case this happens when I pose or craft expressions or use any sliders at all.)

My rendering times increased, too. There are renders that take up to 4 hours. (I don't even want to speak about animations.) But I won't do a new render for every line anymore. I will keep it at an average for now.
What I want to say is that I am planning to do a big investment this year. We're talking about a high-end PC. I will now try to save every dollar I earn with WIAB for this investment.
This can take till the end of the year (or longer) because I can't risk debt. I could lose all support from one day to another and then I have a big problem.
Another reason why this update takes so long is my "Health-care-debt" situation. Most of you know what happened and if not take a look at this post:
I had a very good work/Life balance so working on the game didn't affect my mood/sanity at all. But this second part-time job killed the balance I had. I find myself for the first time since I started developing in an uninspired mood. It's exhausting.
But I just love making these games too much and in September 2020 I will have paid the debt and things should calm down.
This is also the last time I will ever mention this debt (till Sept 2020) or my circumstances. I don't like crying about it.
But maybe you guys can now understand why it takes longer and I can't thank you guys enough for supporting me through this time.

3. Previews

Let's get to the first previews. I am around 110 renders back in.
I was mentioning a quality increase. Maybe it's just my personal view and for you there isn't much of an increase but I will show some comparisons from the last update. Decide for yourself.

Dana in Chapter 5
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Dana Chapter 6

Emilie Chapter 5:
Emilie Chapter 6
Katie & MC Chapter 5
Katie & MC Chapter 6
Katie Chapter 5
Katie Chapter 6

I haven't rendered any Zoey scenes yet. I am still experimenting with her skin etc.
This is it for now and you can expect another load of previews soon.

Also if you have questions or anything else come and take a look at our

- Ocean :)

can’t see the previews :(

Reactions: johnelros

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Good evening,

1. General info
2. Good news
3. Planned Upgrade
4. Previews and new Leia
5. Discord merge

1. General Info
In the last post, I told you guys that I deleted most of my Renders because I was now capable of creating better ones. (I know that many of you would've been okay with the old ones but I would lose sleep about the fact that I could've done it better.)

I started to work on the new Chapter 6, 15 days ago and I am over 300 still renders and 3 animations back in. (I had to scrap 1 animation due to hardware limitations. This Animation is now on the waiting list until I have better equipment.)
It could've been more but "the camping trip from hell" was there.
I did finish the camping trip 2 days ago and you can't believe how good this feels.

Normally, when I think about working on the game, I feel excited but the camping trip made it feel like a punishment.
I say it again.. Imagine playing a shooter with 3FPs and every time you shoot you get still screen for 3-5 seconds and no matter how long you render, the images won't look like you wanted to.
But it's finally over.
And don't worry if the % on the main site doesn't change for a few days or a week, progress is made every day. I just forget to change it now and then.

2. Good news
What?! An AVN developer has good news and no bad news to justify his delays? Blasphemy!

As y'all know I had to take a second part-time job to cover my expenses. This part-time job did destroy my whole time management and my work-life balance.
But, I was able to quit it thanks to the success "Summer's Gone" found.
So, at the moment all my expenses are covered by my AVN's. I don't make much of a profit but at least I don't have to fear debt anymore.
I want to thank everyone here and over at SG's Patreon page for the support!

3. Planned Upgrade
I love creating "games" (Is an AVN even a game?). I love telling stories and because I fucking love it I plan on buying a second PC.
I mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted to buy 2x 2080Ti's. Which I won't do now.
I heard that the new 3080Ti's are supposed to come out in June. They are faster and feature more Vram.
I will now dedicate every single penny I earn to this investment. I plan on buying 2-3 3080Ti's which is obviously a huge thing.
This would increase the speed and quality and I would be able to work on "Summer's Gone" & "Where it all began" simultaneously.

4. Previews and new Leia.
Leia was one of the last characters who still had the same model as in the release version.
But Leia's story is about to start and so I reworked her. I tried to change not too much but.. See for yourselves.
(Drag into a new Tab for a better view.) ( The camping trip does feature an overall lower quality because of the extreme hardware limitations.)

Old Leia in Chapter 4 & Chapter 5:

New Chapter 6 Leia:
The new models will also be used in the rework of Chapter 1-4.
And more previews:

5. Discord merge
WIAB's discord was always very quiet.. and the exact opposite to SG's.
And we decided to merge the two servers for one big "Ocean Games" server.
If you have questions or just want to chat a little come by and take a look.
(Patreons have special roles.)

- Ocean

EXN

Jun 29, 2018
oh man... i used to not like Leia at all and was always ignoring her :(
now i have to make a save only for her : ( :

Ocean, you are really making hard to not create feelings towards your characters (well played.... well played...)
Keep up the good job and good luck! ;)

Malkovichi

Aug 23, 2018
That's so sad. Id like SG. But this WIAB absolutely uninteresting to me.That's a different story... on a different level of quality. We need to be realistic. It is impossible to do 2 games at the same time. How long will it take to complete WIAB?

• Angry
Reactions: McWoodz

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
That's so sad. Id like SG. But this WIAB absolutely uninteresting to me.That's a different story... on a different level of quality. We need to be realistic. It is impossible to do 2 games at the same time. How long will it take to complete WIAB?
WIAB will probably end in 2022.

The difference between SG and WIAB is that WIAB still has the flaws of an unexperienced dev. While SG got created when I knew what I was doing. (That's why I plan on reworking the first Updates of WIAB.)

WIAB Chapter 6 is completely different compared to the updates/chapters from before. WIAB will now focus much more on the story.

There is no reason to think that it would be impossible to do 2 games at the same time.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
I don’t know if it’s because I jumped onto WIAB a few updates in and was able to play through a bit and soak in more of the story, but personally I found the start of that to be more engaging than SG. I could see the cracks, so to speak, in SG before this most recent update came along.

BigTyson

Dec 6, 2017
The biggest disconnect in the story was the sudden prison sequence. I felt as though it came out of nowhere, I mean this with no offense, it's as though you needed the plot to push us into prison and thus we were sent there for the sake of that idea with no build up.

Imagine you were talking a walk then out of nowhere a man in a gimp suit shanked you and then dragged you into a dungeon. That is how jarring the prison sequence felt.

Overall I really enjoy the game. I like most of the story and it seems promising, the renders look good, and personally, I think when this game is fully realized it will be much better than Summer's gone.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
I like both quite a bit, but the opening of SG with the MC felt a little wonky to me and really unrefined in terms of how unrealistic that character was behaving and it took me until the second update for me truly become invested in the characters and setting.

On the flip side, with WIAB I had issues with how annoying Miru was, but more or less from the start the hook was enough to get me invested. Perhaps that’s because the “family in trouble, MC has to go back and revisit his shady past” is a much more clear cut opener.

Both are probably my favourite games/VN’s on this site though, and Ocean’s one of the few Devs I’ve been impressed enough to become a patron of.

Reactions: Malkovichi

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
I like both quite a bit, but the opening of SG with the MC felt a little wonky to me and really unrefined in terms of how unrealistic that character was behaving and it took me until the second update for me truly become invested in the characters and setting.

On the flip side, with WIAB I had issues with how annoying Miru was, but more or less from the start the hook was enough to get me invested. Perhaps that’s because the “family in trouble, MC has to go back and revisit his shady past” is a much more clear cut opener.

Both are probably my favourite games/VN’s on this site though, and Ocean’s one of the few Devs I’ve been impressed enough to become a patron of.
I feel the same way. In Summer's Gone MC's behavior was unrealistic, dark and childish especially towards to Victoria. Aside MC's behavior I like Summer's Gone and really enjoyed with Nami and Bella which they are my favorites. And I'm wondering how this story goes in the future.

Where It All Began quickly became my one of the favorite games. I really like Katie and her character. We didn't see any action but I found Leia very attractive and Dana... WOW! what a perfect beauity. As for Miru, I never liked her. I'm thinking that she is liability for me. I hate NTR shit but I can easily throw her to the wolves anytime and skip the scenes. For now I'm really wondering how will MC's relationship develop with Katie and Leia after the trip.

4.30 star(s) 184 Votes