4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Xarin

Apr 29, 2018
I just played the game again and I can't help but think of Joe from YOU in every scene with the mother. Like shit, man, she doesn't talk AT ALL. At least, not directly to the MC. I'm not sure if she is mute or something, maybe she took some whack ass vow of silence when the MC left home, or worse she cut off her tongue. :oops: Anyway, every scene with her just gets me more and more creeped out. WHY IS SHE SO SILENT?! And she just stares at you with those wide eyes. Why the fuck are the crazy ones always so hot :cry:... Please, if there is one thing I would request to see in Chapter 6, it's an explanation for the mother's - sorry, landlady's silent disposition, cause the woman has made no fucking noises, outside of a slight cough from the initial release I believe. It would be a comfort to finally know that she is not a Lady Joe, it would also be a comfort to know if she is, cause at least we would know. Please?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm pretty sure selective mutism is a thing. Maybe she's not actually mute, you know? Unless the incident fucked up her vocal chords or something.

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
After spent that night with Katie in last episode I'm sure my MC's main reason changed forever ;)

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I feel the same way. In Summer's Gone MC's behavior was unrealistic, dark and childish especially towards to Victoria. Aside MC's behavior I like Summer's Gone and really enjoyed with Nami and Bella which they are my favorites. And I'm wondering how this story goes in the future.

Where It All Began quickly became my one of the favorite games. I really like Katie and her character. We didn't see any action but I found Leia very attractive and Dana... WOW! what a perfect beauity. As for Miru, I never liked her. I'm thinking that she is liability for me. I hate NTR shit but I can easily throw her to the wolves anytime and skip the scenes. For now I'm really wondering how will MC's relationship develop with Katie and Leia after the trip.

I have to disagree.

When people hear about depression, they think about people who hurt themselves or cry a lot.

The MC in SG does feature a different version of depression, but no less real.
I don't blame anyone who thinks this is unrealistic, because we all judge life from our own point of view. But I have experienced it myself. (It wasn't me who had it.)

A void that cannot be filled. Everything is just meaningless and the indifference of the MC goes back to the void, Summer left behind.

I think the best comparison I can give you is when a relationship ends and you can't stop thinking about your ex. You can try to date other people but as long as you're clinging to your ex, nobody will be able to fill this void. It will feel meaningless.

Obviously, the MC in SG is in a much deeper pit.

I just played the game again and I can't help but think of Joe from YOU in every scene with the mother. Like shit, man, she doesn't talk AT ALL. At least, not directly to the MC. I'm not sure if she is mute or something, maybe she took some whack ass vow of silence when the MC left home, or worse she cut off her tongue. :oops: Anyway, every scene with her just gets me more and more creeped out. WHY IS SHE SO SILENT?! And she just stares at you with those wide eyes. Why the fuck are the crazy ones always so hot :cry:... Please, if there is one thing I would request to see in Chapter 6, it's an explanation for the mother's - sorry, landlady's silent disposition, cause the woman has made no fucking noises, outside of a slight cough from the initial release I believe. It would be a comfort to finally know that she is not a Lady Joe, it would also be a comfort to know if she is, cause at least we would know. Please?[SPOILER="But it's okay I can fix it... I can fix... you"
Lol no.

The reason why she's mute is one of the main story aspects. This won't be revealed until Season 2.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Good evening!

1. WiAB in general & rework.
2. Story changes.
3. New Dana & Scarlet.
4. Preview Chapter 6.

1. WiAB in general and rework
As y'all know the first 4-5 updates will be reworked. Not just visually but also in terms of story. I am writing the rework for quite some time now and after Chapter 6, I will focus on the rework first.
I first planned to release normal updates while the rework is handled as a side project. But then I realized that the following Chapters would confuse people in terms of story. And the rework is like a completely new game, not just some simple changes.
The WiAB rework is a complete overhaul.
New routes, new stories, everything will be brought up to a new level. Characters like Miru, MC, Katrina, Lucas, Sven, Dylan, etc. feature a much deeper story now. I did take some parts of the old story and rewrote them completely but there will be 80% new stuff.
One thing people always criticized was the lack of writing and depth in the sex scenes.I listened to you and I am putting now much more effort in the sex scenes.
I also reworked the NTR system. When I began with WiAB, I had the feeling I had to give the people some scenes. Like it was a must.
This resulted in some rushed Miru NTR stuff which I deeply regret now. I did overwrite the complete NTR dynamic in the game. Don't think I just turned it down a bit. NTR will now get a proper build-up and it will get your feels onto a rollercoaster. (Provided you turned NTR on. The rest won't see a single hint of NTR. Except you're a controlling snowflake.)
TL: DR of the rework:
- New events, stories, and a complete visual overhaul.
- Every sex scene will be animated.
- Sex scenes will feature much more variation (Multiple positions and Dom/Sub choices for example.)
- Characters will feature a much deeper personal story.
- The dynamic of NTR got completely rewritten. You can say it matured. It will certainly not be rushed anymore and it will be much more effective now. No cliche shit.
- Music, cutscenes and other animated scenes will be added.

You guys remember the first scene I showed you from the "rework"?
Scratch that! I remade everything again..
Miru got a complete overhaul. Why? I once made a post where I said I wanted to change Miru's hair because of the "Pain in the ass" ratio it had...
Then why the hell would I do the rework with it again? So, I removed the hair and found out that only this particular hair works with her face. The rest made her look like an alien.
I started morphing and customizing and.. I couldn't morph her Minami base model. The morphs were going corrupt/distorted. (I also couldn't use a lot of expressions on the old Miru model.)
And there are no good young Asian models out there.. except one but that one is overused and I want something unique.
So I kept working on her until I got something that looks decent enough to be used. Down below you'll find the new Miru and 2 previews from the rework.
She now isn't as skinny anymore.

2. Story changes
While I was writing WiAB Chapter 9, I suddenly realized that I have to revoke 2 choices from the last update (Chapter 5). I am sorry! ;(
The information and events that take place are essential for the future of WiAB.
The first one I have to revoke would be the "Leia date" one. The first meeting/date must happen! She's still optional as everyone else, too.
The second choice is the "Dana lawyer" one. I did give the choice to get an alternative lawyer from Abigail. But it just cuts you out from potential Dana content and other information that is essential to the future of WiAB.
So don't scream "Fake choices!" if these get revoked in Chapter 6.

Also, WiAB will feature 3 Seasons with 10-13 Chapters in them. (Depends on how much stuff I can put into one update.)
Every season will feature a season finale. The "season finale" updates are special updates that will feature more content and are much more complex in terms of routes & choices.

3. New Dana & Scarlet
I told ya, I was going to rework most of the old characters that I created a long time ago.
I only wanted to change Dana's hair but the same result as with Miru. It looked really weird and distorted. Some morphs I used for Dana weren't compatible and I am glad I found out now and not in 2 updates.
If better or worse that is for you to decide. I think it's better now.
Old Dana:
New Dana
Old Scarlet:
New Scarlet:

Preview Chapter 6:
The simple scene animation from above will feature music in the actual game. There will be more and more scene animations as the update goes on.
Besides the simple scene animation preview, here is another normal preview.

Have a nice day!
- Ocean (;

Last edited:

alpharenji

Jul 5, 2018
I respect the fact that he seems really passionate about this and really seems to want to make the game as good as he can, but it feels too weird to me, as someone that has also supported him on patreon before, how drastically he changed Miru... She was my favourite character and this rework makes her feel completely different from before.
It's not even the fact that she doesn't look asian anymore (will her backstory and name even be the same...?) or as attractive (which is subjective), it's how she just "looks" like a completely different person; as in her personality really fit the previous model, while I just can't see her character in this. She looks older, more serious and less free spirited...
Maybe I just need to see more pictures and I might get used to it, but right now I'm a bit bummed since it feels like Miru is forever gone.
Oh well, hopefully this is for the better...
Her name is the same and safe to say personality too I think everyone will love the new her

Reactions: dbah and mistortine

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I kind of like the new look Miru, I had nothing against her old model but the new one is just a little better IMO. I am curious to see how long the rework will take, I may skip Ch6 and replay again when the rework is done depending on how long it takes.

alpharenji

Jul 5, 2018
I kind of like the new look Miru, I had nothing against her old model but the new one is just a little better IMO. I am curious to see how long the rework will take, I may skip Ch6 and replay again when the rework is done depending on how long it takes.
I would say play with the old ones one last time when you can as a final farewell

Reactions: dbah and mistortine

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
Some of the early stuff could definitely do with an added polish considering where Ocean is now in terms of renders and character writing, so in that sense the rework is welcome. I prefer this look to Miru’s old one, though it is a little disappointing that she’s ...un-asian’d now.

But yeah, I foresee quite a gap coming. It’s usually 3 months-ish per update if things go smoothly, and this is basically the first 5 chapters done again. Add Summer’s Gone on top of that....:oops:

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
They are fairly dramatic changes I must say. I agree with those above in that Miru doesn't look Asian anymore, but I do think she looks better. In fact I like the look of all the re-worked models.

Regardless, this is a high risk move by the dev, likely to piss off just as many as it pleases. If this isn't a 12 month re-make (like some other games) and he gets it done in a couple of months then I'm on board.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes